Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @502.31 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 48/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Share your local artists!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Share your local artists!  (Read 1334 times)
« on: July 10, 2022 @598.07 »

I guess if we're all somewhat into alternative culture already, it'd be fun if we'd share our local artists here too!

That could be people you know personally, random gigs from your pub and the town over, or even your own music.

I'll start:

This isn't exactly specifically my own town or anything but I hung around with people who are also in her social circle:

Tags: Rap, Hip Hop, German

And this guy is actually secretly my history and politics professor in real life which is really hilarious because his second identity is "communist rapper".

Tags: Rap, Hip Hop, German
nsequeira119
Casual Poster

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022 @820.30 »

Very interesting topic, as someone from Denver it's my firm belief that local musicians and bands always go underrated and underappreciated, and most of them are just as talented as the big leagues. Recently I've become interested in music journalism, and as a result I've attended several local music events so as to mingle with the crowd and discover some of the current talent. I've started a video series where I interview these local groups and ask them interesting questions about their career:

Attending one of these events is great, and they certainly showcase a wide variety of figures from all sorts of genres and backgrounds. Of course, only being familiar with the Denver scene, I can't say if these is the case nationwide, or how prevalent these sorts of events are, though I would definitely suggest getting into them if you value artistic integrity and scintillating conversation.

As for me, I believe documenting these bold audio pioneers is an important task, and one I conduct with honor. It is a privilege to stand in the presence of the icons of the future.

Aw HECK yeah!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022 @800.60 »

I just found this band from Edmonton today and have been listening to them all morning. If you like psychobilly and ska, Raygun Cowboys offer both!

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022 @148.81 »

Double post, but I wanted to share Ouda Ouda, who was actually my coworker's boyfriend. I met him at the corporate Christmas party in 2016 and he was a really nice guy, but he passed away last year. His music is pretty great if reggae is your thing.

https://soundcloud.com/shabuungo-oudaouda
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!

StatusCafe: winrg
iMood: winrg
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023 @325.06 »

I'm from Pittsburgh. There's this super obscure indie artist from my hometown called Jack Staub-

Jokes aside tho I'm not into enough of the online local culture to put much here. That being said, if you're ever in Pittsburgh, check out literally any locally produced play! The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust runs a lot of cool local art things they're just mostly in person. Downtown has a lot of galleries, and I'd personally suggest you at least try and check out SPACE, cause IIRC it has the least weird hours of all the downtown things.
greedo7
Newbie ⚓︎

boom boom boom boom!

iMood: greedo7

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023 @994.91 »

im from ottawa, & i found this band called dad sports a while ago, but i only found out theyre from my city after they broke up </3 its some really nice indie pop i was listening to this ep while i did chores today :dive:

:3 (sorry)

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2023 @676.18 »

There are a couple of artists from around here that I know
Hoppie Vaughan and the Ministers of Soul; I recorded some of their music a bit ago!
https://hoppievaughan.com/

Lords of Malice: This is a metal band from Lynchburg, I think my dad knew the founder of this band
https://www.bandmix.com/lordsofmalice/

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Oo Animal Crossing Towns oO - Share your town!

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 8
Views: 2031
Last post November 07, 2023 @41.97
by soapfriendo
Weird local festivals and events

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 16
Views: 1561
Last post February 29, 2024 @108.16
by e-
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 48
Views: 3872
Last post April 11, 2024 @823.52
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi