Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @199.50
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 801.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Computer Land
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology
| | |-+  Figured out how to do mixed mode cds


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Figured out how to do mixed mode cds  (Read 1056 times)
MediocreMetastasis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Wishlist Skelecool: Remnants Please!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Autumn, 25 Oct 2025 @727 » Toggle Font Embed

So I'm thinking of burning cds of my game demo for a exhibition I'm going to. but then I realize that a majority of people don't own a optical drives. I then found out I can burn both data and music onto cds called mixed mode. This means if you don't own a optical drive you can play some of the music burned onto it on your cd player which is still in a lot of people cars. Though I might have to add a warning as the last track as I'm pretty sure cd players will try and play my game demo as a song.

https://files.catbox.moe/r1ew0m.png

Logged


Artifact Swap: Sad DoggoNeutral Doggo
PurpleHello98
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: purplehello98

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 26 Oct 2025 @800 » Embed

That's so cool! I think I've seen that somewhere before. I wonder if that's how they made Enhanced CDs back in the day? I love enhanced CDs! I think they should really bring those back. Honestly, I'm surprised K-pop albums, what with all their photocards and posters and all, haven't brought those back.

Logged

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters


https://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/userbars/46535.png
https://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/purplehello98.gifhttps://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/neocities-pink.gifhttps://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/vrvr-purple.gif
milo
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


whoa!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 01 Nov 2025 @287 » Embed

That's so rad!! If I walked past your booth at an expo would definitely be interested in your project just because of the novelty alone. If people can't play the game because they don't have an optical drive, the CD acts like an interactive business card of sorts.

Logged

https://themonkeyden.neocities.org/monkeydenbanner.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe