Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @576.24
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 424.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's the silly things you'll remember :trash: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  Decade holidays


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Decade holidays  (Read 656 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« on: Winter, 02 Jan 2026 @996 » Toggle Font Embed

Sometimes I like to take what I call decade holidays, they are holidays, where, for a few days or a week, I'll only consume media from a particular decade and I'll try to do things or use technology that was available in that decade (sometimes I'll also try and dress and/or cook a bit like its that decade too :tongue: )

Its fun, and after a few days living in another decade you get a new kind of understanding of its ideas and its moods; and when you travel back to normality, you can compare and contrast things from your time with your decade holiday.

It's also been a really creative creative tool for me over the years, for example I started my site after a 90s decade holiday, but of course you can pick any decade if you have enough media and interest related to it.

Do you take slimier mental holidays? How do they go?  :omg:


Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 03 Jan 2026 @461 » Toggle Font Embed

Do you take slimier mental holidays?

This is the funniest typo I've seen so far this year.

I've not tried a "decade holiday", but I've "themed" my media consumption in other ways before. The other year I spent six months where all the books I read were science fiction with non-male authors.

But you're talking about immersing yourself via multiple media into a time period. I love it! I may have to give it a go! (Whether slimy or not. :cheesy:)

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe