Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @101.39 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 61/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: What's the last movie you watched and how did you like it?  (Read 6812 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2024 @701.46 »

Aguirre, Wrath of God,
I watched this a long time ago but I should rewatch it again! There's actually a whole thread for Werner Herzog :omg: https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=1014.msg7595#msg7595

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im like you without good moods

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2024 @816.55 »

This movie is criminally underrated.

i would really have to disagree? what makes you say that?

I just wanted to add my two cents, I frickin' LOVED EEAAO and I've seen it four times now, but I would not say it was underrated; it saw its fair share of glory, I think it won some awards too didn't it?

fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im like you without good moods

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2024 @818.16 »

Last movie I watched was Paranormal Activity (2007) and I wasn't a huge fan. I liked it slightly more than the Blair Witch Project but not by that much. Turns out I just generally don't like found footage films.

If anyone wants to follow each other on Letterboxd please PM me! :ozwomp:

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2024 @391.56 »

I just wanted to add my two cents, I frickin' LOVED EEAAO and I've seen it four times now, but I would not say it was underrated; it saw its fair share of glory, I think it won some awards too didn't it?

yes! eeaao won 7 Academy Awards, a BAFTA, 5 Critic's Choice awards, 2 Golden Globes, and a few others. Ke Huy Quan's speech for winning Best Supporting Actor was especially popular as it was his return to film and his speech was very moving about not giving up on your dreams. there's a whole wikipedia page for the accolades of eeaao! it says it's "currently estimated to be the most awarded film of all time", which is why i was so surprised to see it called underrated, but i totally get it since misanthropic monster seems to have completely missed the hype train haha  :4u:

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
krish
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The People's Princess ♡

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2024 @768.13 »

Last movie that I watched was "I Care a Lot" (2020). It's one of those movies where everyone is terrible and you don't really want to root for anyone-- unless you're me, I rooted for the "mean" lesbian. I like that the main character was sapphic without it being a main point in the movie. Overall, I really liked the movie's pretense: A corrupt legal guardian chooses the wrong victim to try to scam, but it's execution left a lot to be desired for me. I liked that it touched on topics of elder abuse and healthcare corruption though.

BUTCHBONEZ
Casual Poster

Vyrix-hy/they

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2024 @744.03 »

As the title says! The latest movie I watched was Fire and Ice from 1983. I've been watching a lot of older animation movies lately and this was next on my list. The story and the pacing of the movie was pretty mediocre, but I loved the background paintings and that old-school visual style of this movie a lot!

I saw Abigail directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin in theater last night . It was pretty good , I would recommend :] :4u: .

you are safe here, traveler

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4980
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Old French Animated Sci-fi Movies

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 5
Views: 1567
Last post October 22, 2022 @478.83
by PineTree
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3219
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi