Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @965.72
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :cry: Are u having fun? Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Are marquees no longer working in chrome?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Are marquees no longer working in chrome?  (Read 997 times)
wolfkitty42
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!BelieverJoined 2025!
« on: Spring, 13 Mar 2026 @998 » Embed

Hi everybuddy! I'm a little perplexed right now.... I'm trying to add a marquee for my cliques section on my site, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm copying it from w3schools, and I noticed it also isn't working in their example code. Do you think this is an issue with my browser?

Logged

- Wolfkitty42, out!
https://wolfkitty42.nekoweb.org/generalsiteimgs/wk42_moving.gif
It's tamaNOTchi! Click to feed!It's tamaNOTchi! Click to feed!
IndigoGolem
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


What's personal text?
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS
OS: Debian

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
squeezed gentlyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 14 Mar 2026 @000 » Embed

They're labeled as deprecated in Mozilla's web dev docs. I can't find any such resource for Chrome and similar browsers, but i'd be surprised if they're officially supported there.

Logged

-Indigo, Anve Ozo

Artifact Swap: Spiritual Stone of Firee  unus, pluriumMelonPaintMick Jagger's mouthPuzzlingCreampuffNoidThe Wizards Orb2 coinsThe fingerGold OreOdd Creaturesnail buddy
torrent-empress
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 24 Mar 2026 @701 » Toggle Font Embed

They're considered depreciated, which means they're no longer supported- there's some other solutions that mirror the old marquee tag with css and html that you can use.

Logged

IndigoGolem
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


What's personal text?
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS
OS: Debian

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
squeezed gentlyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 25 Mar 2026 @830 » Embed

That's a good point. You can find the CSS for Melonland marquees here. &

I recall messing with it a bit some months ago. There's plenty of room for customizability.

Logged

-Indigo, Anve Ozo

Artifact Swap: Spiritual Stone of Firee  unus, pluriumMelonPaintMick Jagger's mouthPuzzlingCreampuffNoidThe Wizards Orb2 coinsThe fingerGold OreOdd Creaturesnail buddy
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe