Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @940.93
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: inconvenience is counterculture :eyes: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  What song should I pick for my homepage??


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: What song should I pick for my homepage??  (Read 703 times)
Metropolis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


Filter the world through midnight coloured lenses
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« on: Spring, 05 May 2026 @482 » Toggle Font Embed

Hiii! I have an emo red homepage, and made a poll to decide the song for that page because im so indecisive (╥﹏╥)

Here is my webpage ◝(˶˃ ᵕ ˂˶)◜ (The index does have a warning for autoplaying music and stuff, so yah just giving the warning here autoplaying music)

✮⋆˙Home page (red version)✮⋆˙:
https://n-has-a-site.neocities.org/homered

✮⋆˙Here is the poll for which song I should pick✮⋆˙:
https://vote.pollcode.com/68847283

« Last Edit: Spring, 05 May 2026 @516 by Metropolis » Logged

This is not for you

https://blinkie-net.neocities.org/dividers/blue/23.gif
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 05 May 2026 @541 » Toggle Font Embed

My advice when picking a song for a pages music.. it's really not about what song you want or you like. When I'm picking songs for my pages, I go through maybe 10-50 songs or edits of songs before I hit one that works.

What I do is set the song playing in the background while I'm editing the page, and I see how it feels over time.
  • Does the song enhance the feeling of the page?
  • Does the song add a sense of depth that the page cant have when its silent?
  • Does hearing this song inspire me to edit or add things to the page?
  • Does the song act as a distraction, taking away from the pages material?
  • After hearing the song on a loop for an hour, do I still enjoy it?

It's not like making a playlist, its about giving the page its theme song, its the pages personality that your picking, so you have to listen to what the pages wants.  :ozwomp:

« Last Edit: Spring, 05 May 2026 @543 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Metropolis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


Filter the world through midnight coloured lenses
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 05 May 2026 @589 » Toggle Font Embed

Thank you for your advice :4u: , I have already picked out music for my web pages before hand and for me it is very much like making a playlist, I love that aspect and thats what I feel best fits my website😭. I love all these songs and feel like it would fit the theme that's why I'm making a poll  :ha:  :ok: Also its fun to see the poll results   :ha: .

I don't really think too much about the songs and stuff I just go for what sounds nice for me and that's how it works for my website personally.

« Last Edit: Spring, 06 May 2026 @285 by Metropolis » Logged

This is not for you

https://blinkie-net.neocities.org/dividers/blue/23.gif
Metropolis
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


Filter the world through midnight coloured lenses
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 08 May 2026 @217 » Toggle Font Embed

rosemary by deftones wonn

Logged

This is not for you

https://blinkie-net.neocities.org/dividers/blue/23.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe