Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @383.13 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Anime thread

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Anime thread  (Read 1343 times)
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2024 @893.56 »

Well now I also want in

...not gonna lie, my 3x3 is looking kinda like that one meme that goes "son boy allowed" (twice)

Also I've been side-eyeing Metallic Rouge, but I really don't wanna jump onto an ongoing right now... may wait till the end of the month when it supposedly concludes.

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Seraphim
Casual Poster

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2024 @312.60 »

I've recently started Dungeon Meshi with my roommates, which is a good light-hearted time. I appreciate the sheer amount of detail on the food they make and the characters are immediately likeable, it's nice to have something slower pace. But the series I really have been digging my teeth into is Frieren: A Journey's End!

It's really fun to see a different take on the fantasy genre. I recently was a part of a conversation about how elves haven't been receiving much love in media these last couple of years, and they deserve a lot more fanfare. Specifically non-Tolkein elves. I really love that the series is exploring their long lived nature as not an entirely positive thing. How elves experience memory is a really fun space to explore, which reminds me of this solo RPG game called Thousand Year Vampire (which is delightfully devastating if you want to enjoy a solo-journaling type of game.)

Also magic is neat and the fight scenes are really cool.

:drat:
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2024 @111.18 »

I've recently started Dungeon Meshi with my roommates, which is a good light-hearted time. I appreciate the sheer amount of detail on the food they make and the characters are immediately likeable, it's nice to have something slower pace.

I have been LOVING Dungeon Meshi. Watched the first 6 episodes at a friends house a few weeks ago and have since been devouring the manga. It's such a fun time and I can't wait to see what I've read in the manga get adapted to the anime.

But the series I really have been digging my teeth into is Frieren: A Journey's End!

I watched the first episode or two of that with my girlfriend!! She didn't really like it but I've been meaning to pick it back up since I've heard so many good things.

*backs away slowly*

Yesss Utena and Perfect Blue :loved: Utena is an all time fave for me. I also need to rewatch Angels Egg sometime it's such a phenomenal film.

Some other anime I adore but haven't seen mentioned in this thread are Princess Tutu, The Tatami Galaxy, and Kaiba!

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2024 @772.99 »

my roommate and i have been working through demon slayer again now that life has calmed down a bit. we just finished episode 12 of season 1 and it's so very good. i love the animation and the art style especially. zenitsu is my favorite character

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
SilentHope33

The current Hokage

iMood: optimistic

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2024 @30.17 »

Akira Toriyama is dead at 68!! The post can be found here.

Akira Toriyama, the creator of the best-selling Dragon Ball and other popular anime who influenced Japanese comics, has died, his studio said Friday. He was 68.

Toriyama’s Dragon Ball manga series, which started in 1984, has sold millions of copies globally and was adapted into hugely popular animated TV shows, video games and films.

Toriyama died March 1 of a blood clot in his brain, Bird Studio said in a statement.

“He was working enthusiastically on many projects, and there was still much he was looking forward to accomplishing,” the studio wrote.

I cried when he died, he was apart of all our childhoods, he made being a teen fun even when things got dark. We all could look up to Goku and looked for strength when the chips were down, or when kids bullied us. We all aspired to be like a super hero like Goku, or the troubled anti-hero like Vegeta. R.I.P Akira we are all gonna miss you, your series will live on and we will NEVER forget you!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024 @285.09 by SilentHope33 » Logged

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
SilentHope33

The current Hokage

iMood: optimistic

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2024 @274.46 »

Another death has occurred, this time it's Tarako from Chibi Maruko-Chan.

The voice actor TARAKO, most known as the leading voice in the Chibi Maruko-chan anime, passed away at the age of 63 on March 4, 2024. A cause of death was not confirmed at the time of reporting.

The official Chibi Maruko-chan website, along with Nippon Animation, released a statement on TARAKO’s passing:

“We regret to inform you that TARAKO-san, who had played the role of Maruko in Chibi Maruko-chan, passed away on Monday, March 4 in the early hours of the morning. We would like to express our sincere condolences and gratitude to her for her great contribution to the show. The last episode of TARAKO-san's appearance on Chibi Maruko-chan, "Maruko, Do You Know the Taste of Water?" will air on Sunday, March 24 during the one-hour broadcast. Except for this episode, we will air the previously aired episodes from March 10 onward for the time being. We are currently discussing her replacement voice actor and broadcast restart timing.”

Too many of our legacy artists and voice artists are dying this year!!! But don't fret, remember them for what they did and not how they died. Their memories will be with us for a very long time.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2024 @285.35 by SilentHope33 » Logged

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
e-
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2024 @148.30 »

So when I was in high school I painted my bedroom wall with "stuff I like" which ended up being 95% anime and some games. The painting is gone now cuz I thought it was cringy. I sure spent a lot of time on it though, like 4 years I think.

"details"

[close]
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2024 @232.52 »

Made my own 3x3, if anyone's curious~

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

poetry thread: stuff you write, stuff you like

Started by DarmodejBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 11
Views: 2019
Last post March 06, 2024 @707.91
by grubbyfox
What if Caramelldansen was an actual anime?

Started by NeonriserBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 1
Views: 1188
Last post October 10, 2022 @734.02
by heavenONLINE
ANIMALZ THREAD BECAUSE I CAN LOL!

Started by hooray8Board ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 8
Views: 1681
Last post April 04, 2023 @831.92
by Gans

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi