Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 - @687.55
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Jams, Communities & Webrings
| | |-+  Curated Forum Directory


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Curated Forum Directory  (Read 1843 times)
Daniele63
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Summer, 25 Jul 2026 @722 » Embed

I thought it may interest the folks over here at melonland, since we all love web forums here.
I just finished my forum directory, currently it has 76 websites but that is subject to change, it's also not sorted in any way but I might add sorting options later on (if I can figure that out.)

To find the websites, I utilized many different sources and also my own research but the most important ones were:
the forum revival directory
Find A Forum.net

I was mostly inspired by Neocities and Find A Forum for the design utilizing thumbnails, I always found scrolling through long lists of text boring compared to being able to see what you're gonna click on.

Currently this features:
  • Thumbnail of the forum
  • Short description
  • Forum software (manually checked)
  • Date of creation (manually checked)

If you think something else should be added, or submit your own forum etc, you can comment on this thread or send me an email (I'm more likely to see it if it's an email though.)

« Last Edit: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @022 by Daniele63 » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 25 Jul 2026 @732 » Toggle Font Embed

This is super cool! I set it as a sticky topic on the Communities board since its one of the best lists of forums I've seen  :seal:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Daniele63
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 25 Jul 2026 @835 » Embed

This is super cool! I set it as a sticky topic on the Communities board since its one of the best lists of forums I've seen  :seal:

Oohh thanks a lot that's so kind of you.  :ozwomp:
I will try to update regularly to make it even better.


Logged
schlime9k
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Forever personalising my profile
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: schlime9k
iMood: schlime9k
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 28 Jul 2026 @394 » Toggle Font Embed

The Forum Revival Movement guild would absolutely love this.

Also just wanted to say I love you and your website, bringing back the Frutiger Aero aesthetic which I grew up on with Windows 7 and Vista (I will die on the hill that Vista was a good OS).

Logged

https://schlime.online/images/buttons/wsw.gif

Artifact Swap: HALLOWEEN!I met Dan Q on Melonland!Ace Honeymami
Slix
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
#1 Poliwag Fan !poliwag masterJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: Summer, 18 Aug 2026 @794 » Embed

Super cool site and collection! :D

If you are still looking for submissions, Poliwager Forums is my small Pokemon themed forum, started originally in 2009!

Johto Times is another awesome Pokemon forum that started in the last couple years but with the focus of classic Pokemon merchandise, games, and other cultural stuff: https://forum.johtotimes.com/

Logged

https://a.poliwager.net/e/Slix.pnghttps://poliwager.net/advertising/images/PureAwesome.gif
fairyrune
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


we live to make the impossible possible!
⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
iMood: fairyrune
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Dino FossilJoined 2025!
« Reply #5 on: Autumn, 02 Sep 2026 @617 » Toggle Font Embed

i have a few forums to submit, if you want them -

critter time and furry corner are furry fandom-centric forums.

the bay12 forums are a board dedicated to bay12's games, most famously dwarf fortress.

arachnoboards is a forum for hobby arachnid owners, including spiders, although some discussion of other invertebrates does take place.

speculative evolution is a forum for discussing... speculative evolution!

Logged

☾ "you want to run - i'll run with you" ☼
https://files.catbox.moe/ivdca8.gifhttps://files.catbox.moe/qlgdtd.gifhttps://files.catbox.moe/ji1nvt.gifhttps://files.catbox.moe/9ypmrn.gifhttps://files.catbox.moe/3im96c.gif
Tuffy!
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Lovey DoggoFrom Tuffy with ❤️Met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!SideEyeDoggo
« Reply #6 on: Autumn, 03 Sep 2026 @896 » Embed

Great job!  :dog:

This looks nice and makes me want to update our list as well. These screenshots really make a difference  :transport:

Thanks for mentioning as well  :seal:

Logged

Proud member of the NEW
Forum Revival Movement


Artifact Swap: From Tuffy with ❤️afro☆ken
Mezzaluna
Newbie
*
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Plant RuneyJoined 2025!Sparkle on!white yappin kittay
« Reply #7 on: Autumn, 04 Sep 2026 @965 » Embed

OooOoh this exactly what I was looking for thank you! I wish all forum directories were organized like this. I recognized a few forms already but some new ones as well  :eyes: I'll be sure to drop a message if I see any to add :4u:

Logged
ABlueRose
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


chaunacops!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!A Blue FlowerJoined 2025!
« Reply #8 on: Autumn, 05 Sep 2026 @013 » Toggle Font Embed

Zelda Dungeon has a forum focused on the Legend of Zelda series

Logged

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1401/1401785hdot6n2ft1.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/760/760510x08kzkxcu1.gifhttp://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/974/974351t9iy67l9g0.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/485/485100pcc1kskzgw.gifhttp://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1542/1542934cmkgjrchf0.gif

Daniele63
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #9 on: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @025 » Embed

Somehow I didn't get notified on the replies here, I'll try to add your suggestions another day.

Anyways I just did a massive update to this directory, now it has its own dedicated page so I could add categories, better organization, etc.

https://i.ibb.co/0yZFRhp9/firefox-QZSe-Dbf5-Nk.jpg

New link: https://frutigeraeroarchive.org/forum_directory/home

Logged
rnottelovesowls
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


if i don’t respond it’s because i’m eepy
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rnottelovesowls
iMood: rnottelovesowls
RSS: RSS
OS: Windows 7

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #10 on: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @102 » Toggle Font Embed

great work, daniele! :chef: and the best part is, this isn't even all of them. there are so many more forums out there that we don't know about, waiting to be uncovered!

i really wish that modern search engines weren't complete trash so that we didn't have to do the work of linking to and recommending forums ourselves, but hey, if you want something done right... :pc:

Logged

RNOTTÉ
https://bear-images.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/rnotte/img_7455.gif
boreal cryptid
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


без надії сподіваюсь
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #11 on: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @516 » Embed

what a nice update!
i love that this directory entries have forum previews, forum software (!) and date of creation. it's interesting to know more about forums i already visit  :mark:

P.S. i didn't even know ModDB has a forum, lolz. the more i know :D

« Last Edit: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @517 by boreal cryptid » Logged

Is this how you honor MelonLand Forum, and the tribe unmourned? Write to me openly, and not by stealth.

Artifact Swap: Polyamorous NeurodivergentWildflowers!Lucky Birdtree ConeSnow MailRainbow ConnectionPolyamorousThe Red Pixel^_^
Daniele63
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #12 on: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @546 » Embed

what a nice update!
i love that this directory entries have forum previews, forum software (!) and date of creation. it's interesting to know more about forums i already visit  :mark:

P.S. i didn't even know ModDB has a forum, lolz. the more i know :D

thanks!

Finding the dates is what takes me the longest time when I add a new forum, software is easy I can usually recognize it at a glance now. But date? Most of the times it's not written anywhere directly, so I have to dig up old posts to find it or search the web, a trick that works sometimes is to search the words "anniversary" and then it will pop up a thread of someone saying when it was founded, but that doesn't always work.

Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #13 on: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @555 » Toggle Font Embed

ut date? Most of the times it's not written anywhere directly
On that note, you have the creation date for this forum slightly off, it went online November 13th 2021, not December :grin: (also the K in Melonking is never capitalized)

I think my trick would be to go to the forum admins account and look at their registration date. Or go to topic id 1 (or the lowest existing number); for this forum you have to go as far as topic 4, but that's not to bad and it gets the correct date!

« Last Edit: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @558 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Daniele63
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #14 on: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @561 » Embed

On that note, you have the creation date for this forum slightly off, it went online November 13th 2021, not December :grin:

Thanks I've corrected that now, I believe I looked at this page: https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?action=stats for finding it for this forum but I must have misread something to write the wrong date lol. I also fixed your name sorry 'bout that.

I think my trick would be to go to the forum admins account and look at their registration date. Or go to topic id 1 (or the lowest existing number); for this forum you have to go as far as topic 4, but that's not to bad and it gets the correct date!

I use that trick too but it doesn't always work because some forums switched forum software, for example they moved from vBulletin to XenForo, and so the join dates get reset (unless they restored them, but that's rare), first posts also don't always indicate the creation date because some very old forums got reset at some point or lost data, however for newer forums it usually does the trick.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe