Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @510.02
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's the silly things you'll remember :trash: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  A terrifying thought: What would you do if your loved one forgot you?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: A terrifying thought: What would you do if your loved one forgot you?  (Read 318 times)
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
OS: Linux 🐧

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« on: Summer, 21 Aug 2026 @990 » Embed

After an accident or something like that they forget you were ever together.

It'd be rough if *I* suffered from amnesia and I was with a man (gay) who is into the same weird stuff I am because the reason I am who I am is due to my lived experience. If I ever forget everything then this would be more than mild confusion I would probably be out of my mind and I kind of wanted to ask this hypothetical once I meet someone I fall in love with.

What would you do? Doesn't matter your sexual orientation or whatever extraneous stuff you add on top of it, how do you think you would handle the situation?

« Last Edit: Summer, 21 Aug 2026 @994 by Rubbereon » Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :goL:
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/tabs.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/idiotsticker.pnghttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/iblockads.gif

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseCourage smiley
jP
Newbie
*
View ProfileArt


keep your love alive!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 21 Aug 2026 @000 » Embed

 the closest i ever got to this experience was when my great granny (whom i was really close with) got dementia and i wasn't allowed to see her anymore bc i was just a kid and it most likely would've broken my heart so see someone i loved not even know who i am.

i feel that if i had to handle this situation, i would care so much for them deeply, but act like either a casual acquaintance or a stranger, because if my loved one has amnesia and knows of it, i wouldn't want to break their heart knowing I'm someone they once shared a really close connection with, and all those cheerful memories are gone, the feelings are gone. best case scenario i could help rebuild our connection over time, but would they still be the same person with all their memories erased? given how much our memories shape us and change us, it would almost be like a new person for the both of us.

(this question has a lot of storybook potential, i appreciate it  :chef: )

Logged

~ jP ♫

Artifact Swap: little blue beatriceEscWater rune
schlime9k
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


Forever personalising my profile
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: schlime9k
iMood: schlime9k
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 25 Aug 2026 @370 » Toggle Font Embed

I think I know what this question is inspired by... :ok:

If that were to happen to me, I'd try to reach out and let them know who I am / was to them at one point. Not to try and get back together, but to keep the knowledge that the relationship happened alive.

History matters, no matter how small it may be; events are all important to some people. And what if the relationship meant a lot to them? What if it was a really important learning experience? What if I was actually a terrible person and gave the partner trauma and they can't get over that trauma (forgetting a terrible event does NOT help heal trauma)?

Obviously there can be a multitude of extenuating circumstances that can change my Microsoft outlook on the hypothetical, but that's my opinion on what I would personally do. I wouldn't try to stay in their life unless that is what they wish (and I still have feelings for them) because the relationship at that point is over, but knowing what happened for a decent portion of your life is pretty important.

Logged

https://schlime.online/images/buttons/wsw.gif

Artifact Swap: HALLOWEEN!Physical media FOREVA!I met Dan Q on Melonland!DogmeatAce Honeymami
Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 25 Aug 2026 @395 » Toggle Font Embed

I recently finished reading The Husbands by Holly Gramazio and if you enjoy this thought experiment, you might enjoy that book. In the very first opening pages, a woman comes home from an evening out and there's a strange man in her house who claims to be her husband. Her phone has photos of them together, her friends back up the claim that they've been together for years, but she can't remember him at all.

Soon, it turns out that every time her husband goes into the attic of her flat a different husband comes out and her history gets re-written, forcing her to re-learn everything all over again. It's a wonderful debut novel: dark and funny at the same time. It's apparently supposed to be seen as a poking fun at app-based "swipe-left-swipe-right" dating culture, but I saw it as a woman growing to come to terms with and eventually adapt to a new reality in which she can "try on" different relationships (and in doing so, try on different self-identities).

(I've just realised that it's one of the books I've read this year that I haven't gotten around to blogging about, yet; d'oh! I should fix that!)

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe