Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @484.59
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: inconvenience is counterculture :eyes: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  What are your go-to places?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: What are your go-to places?  (Read 61 times)
anotherautumn
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


the world is wide and wonderful !!
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: anotherautumn

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
meow picStinky CheeseJoined 2025!
« on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @883 » Toggle Font Embed

We've all got a bit (or a lot) of wanderlust in us, so naturally we all rack up a long list of cool places we've both been to and yearn to explore!

But... as fun as exploring is, there's just as much importance to figurin' out what places you vibe with and can always fall back on when you need somewhere to study at, learn more about, or even just relax!

What places do y'all find yourselves travelling back to again and again?? Could be your local library, a cool treehouse you found in the woods, or a part of your college you find new rooms in everytime you go back!!

Personally, I keep finding myself at an abandoned raceway on an island near my university! I was biking around once and, while it isn't too far from more developed land, found it through sheer curiousity!! So now whenever I feel like fuckin' around on my bike and with my camera I make my way over to do some cool artsy stuff!! :)

Logged

<3

Artifact Swap: I met Dan Q on Melonland!
cyberfun1 (dizz)
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I dont🧠dat evrythngs a lie, as long as u ♡me 4evr
⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Wishing you Happy Times when you're online!20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @931 » Toggle Font Embed

Theres a couple of places where I like to go, and its usually places dedicated to the old and antiquated; think thrift stores or antique shops. My go-to place for thrifting is a shop called Thrifty Firemen. They have a big rack full of old electronics, monitors, VCRs, DVD players, appliances, and sewing stuff. Theres this other part with a bunch of DVDs, CDs, tapes, VHSes, and books. It's where I get most of my blank tapes from, and I also got some old 1998 gaming magazines from there and a "Teach Yourself The WWW Visually" book.
Next place is Solutions and Vital Edge. Solutions is more of an antique store than a thrift shop, but they have lots of cool stuff. They had loads of Laserdiscs at one point and some metal microcassettes. Right now they have some old HiFi equipment, some nice furniture, some blank CDs in the wrapper, and lots of records and some old work equipment. Recently I got some old pens (circa 1890-1940) from there. Vital Edge has a record shop in the back with a lot of old HiFi stuff too and loads of records of many genres alongside their usual stock of health products.
Then there's 2nd Hand Heroes. This place is special because it's run by my cousin, and is dedicated to video games. I've gotten plenty of video games from there and enjoyed playing the arcade machines they had there. They even got a frickin Atari Jaguar, which is a rare console!
They host card tournaments and D&D sessions all the time. If you're in the Central virginia area, I recommend visiting this place. Or Press Start in Forest. A similar place is the Starcade at Center at the Square but thats in Roanoke which is too far away for regular trips.
This is less often now but I also enjoy going to Virginia Found Goods. Its a big place full of old typewriters and antique china and Polaroid cameras and French paintings. In the 2nd to back room theres some old watercolor paints that haven't been opened ever. They also have old postcards from Europe.
I also wanna shout out that closet in the back of my art class because when my art teacher wasn't looking I'd sneak in there and look at all the stuff in there. It's where I found that clip art book my school used in the old yearbooks; I scanned it and uploaded it to archive.org by the way. It was like travelling back in time to a place not unlike my school was back in the 80s when they did that remodeling. Heck most of the high school looks straight out of that era. I got my Mavica from that art class and I used it on my vacation to take some good pictures.
Those are just some places I enjoy exploring. I always savor every moment and look as thoroughly as I can whenever I dig through the cavalcades of old smells and vinyl veneer wood grains. It's something I enjoy everytime. :)

Logged

https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/FRIENDSHIPISMAGIC.png
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/TAPEHERO.png
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/EMOTICONUSER.gif
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/XBOX360.png
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/FIREFOXUSER.jpg
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/NYANCAT.gif
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/BISEXUAL.png

Artifact Swap: I met Dan Q on Melonland!
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe