Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 10 Oct 2026 - @249.31
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Best Viewed in 800x600: webjam running from 10/18 to 10/25


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Best Viewed in 800x600: webjam running from 10/18 to 10/25  (Read 22 times)
nobo
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


drainnnn
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: nobo
iMood: nobo
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Today at @041 » Toggle Font Embed

As of today, there's still nine days left to join. We already have 14 applicants.

what is a jam?

You might have heard of a "game jam" before. It's a contest of sorts where people usually get a weekend to prototype a game as fast as they can and on the deadline everyone judges the entries. Well I thought it would
be fun to do a "web jam", which is the same idea except we make web things.

where is this happening?

https://jamming.goeshard.org

format and theme

The format being "Best Viewed in 800x600" and the theme will be announced on the 18th. This is to make sure everyone is starting at the same time.

The theme will be something that neither tells you what to make or assumes what your skills are or how much time you will have to work on it. Rather it will be something you can creatively interpret, that way I won't be prescribing a scope or requiring you to know how to do something you don't know how to do.

The entries could be content focused, design focused, programming focused, or art focused.

The current view is that any submission adds value. Even if all you have time or skill to do is put a background on a page, center an image, and put a caption, that's something.

The current applicants all have "waiting pages."
You're welcome to create one of those as well.

what about people that abuse the scripting?

I have it set up to where the scripts of the currently in view iframes are the only ones that will run, so if someone does something annoying, you can tell whose window the code is coming from and "hide" it. I will remove entries that try to abuse scripting to be disruptive but I've provided this to make it easier to handle someone like that before I get to it.

It's worth noting that while everyone has had the ability to attempt being disruptive for several weeks now, no one has. So I think we're good but be ready to close the window of someone you don't like what they're putting out there is all I'm saying.


how do I join?

All you have to do is give me the link to a page online somewhere that you have the ability to edit and I will give you an iframe. That's it, then just wait for the announcement of the theme on the 18th and get started.

As of now you only have 9 days to register your iframe! So get a blank page online and send me the link ASAP, you can work on your waiting page after registering if that's going to slow you down.

« Last Edit: Today at @048 by nobo » Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe