Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @254.87 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 80/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Ironclaw

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ironclaw  (Read 457 times)
appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« on: January 25, 2023 @862.41 »

Does anyone else here play Ironclaw, the TTRPG published by Sanguine Games? I've been hosting a (premade) adventure for some of my friends, who are playing a Spider Bawd (which, description-wise in the book, doesn't seem to be an actual bawd), a Scorpion Alchemist, a Raccoon Bandit, a Bat Craftsman, & a Raven Spellbinder. The use of careers instead of more "traditional" ttrpg classes (à la D&:grin:smile: is something I quite like about it.

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023 @688.54 »

OOH I've never heard of Ironclaw, but it looks neat! I love the idea of everyone in the setting being furries (a bit part of what drew me into the TTRPG Wanderhome.) I did a bit of research and I adore that since the PCs are all animals, a lot of the monsters are huge plant monstrosities!! Very cool. I'll have to look into it further! :4u:

I do always enjoy when TTRPGs mess with how classes work. Picking a hard defined class can be fun (Sorcerers are my go-to in D&:grin:smile: but I always love when games shake it up! Numenera is one I played for a bit that I found had a really versatile character creator. I ended up using it to make a tiny little starling that was a surveillance robot with faulty wiring.

appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023 @837.11 »

I always find the more strict class structure to be a smidge suffocating, so I always adore when there's greater flexibility. I'll have to look into Numenera!
With regards to Ironclaw careers, I have always found it amusing that a Questor (collector of church tithes), a Bawd (not quite the historical sort, but rather the oldest profession), an Oracle, & a Dervish could be a functional party
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023 @858.69 by appleAlc » Logged

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi