Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @901.53 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Fashion Page

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fashion Page  (Read 538 times)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« on: December 08, 2022 @598.68 »

i'm considering making a page on my site dedicated to my outfits , and also to discuss the issues of fast fashion and promote diy and slow fashion!
i highly would reccomend looking into slow fashion alternatives and teach useful skills like sewing, visible mending, painting, etc. for clothes :ozwomp: :ozwomp:
just wondering if anyone thinks this is a good idea :smile:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022 @749.84 »

That sounds awesome! I would view it for sure! The discussion of fast fashion is interesting and I would love to see more of it on the old web

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022 @801.60 »

Sites dedicated to fashion are some of my favs! I've been a fan of various alternative fashions over the years, and it's always been interesting to see people discuss the tension between personal politics (ex. anti-consumerism) and style. It seems like almost everything gets co-opted by fast fashion, and then the only safeguard is making rules in the community to keep fast fashion from being included, but then ppl get accused of gatekeeping... it's a sensitive topic! Anyway, I don't mean to ramble. It's just something I've been thinking about a lot >.<

Teaching sewing and mending would be a wonderful idea!! Soooo many people don't even think about that as an option tbh. I threw out my favourite pair of pants a few months back because they had a big rip in the crotch. Only a couple weeks ago did I realize, shit! I could have tried to mend that! I felt a bit ridiculous but it also made me question WHY despite them being a pair of pants I really liked, my immediate instinct was to just toss them as soon as they showed some wear! It's kind of wild how little attention people put into taking care of their everyday clothes (myself included!), maybe because it's all so cheap now. :notgood:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 3126
Last post April 13, 2024 @766.34
by oerrorpage
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1857
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni
Web design is fashion design ?? Your thoughts on self expression online?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 2346
Last post August 31, 2023 @620.49
by technomage

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi