Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @849.64 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  show me your link directories!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: show me your link directories!  (Read 1926 times)
Kallistero
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SOON.

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2023 @964.44 »

Still a work in progress, but you can about see where I'm going with it by now.  :dive:

Every link on the page is just an independent site that I want to keep on there as a bookmark, usually because they're done by cool people, because they're unique, and/or because I'm getting inspiration from their page designs. I plan to put links to educational & asset resources on other pages, since my wider plan is to separate my site into several subspaces & have the links be more relevant there. I might also make them displayable on this links page through a script, but we'll see. Right now, it just makes more sense to leave this degree of creative energy for the indie sites, while things like W3Schools & MDN Web Docs get plain hyperlinks elsewhere.  :eyes:

I'm also not sure exactly what sort of motion I want to give to each link ball: if they should orbit or if they should fall from the sky or if they should behave like a physics simulation or something else. What I do know is that I want the portal to represent where you're going whenever you mouse over that link ball! I'm not sure how that'll look, either, but that play-by-ear method is sort of just how I've been developing the entire site, and I think the result has been nice so far.  :cheerR:

EDIT: It's in a completed state for now! Mousing over someone's bubble makes the portal become clickable and displays the link's title, but you can also just click the bubble. I was planning to put an iframe in the portal, but when I moved my mouse around quickly enough, it slowed things down. Instead, everyone on my links page gets their very own portal gradient, which was a learning experience, because I haven't really been using gradients before now! Though, that also means you can sort of tell which ones I did first.  :ohdear:

This is very much not a place for me to put informational links at the moment. I could make a visor that pulls in from the side and have that be a scrollbox/category browser for plain-text links, but we'll see.  :ok:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023 @848.29 by Kallistero » Logged

No pomegranates. If anyone messages me, and I found out they're a pomegranate, I will ask them to leave! :angry:
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2023 @47.74 »

I've got both a page for cool indie websites, and a page for resources I collect!
Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2023 @88.32 »

Here's mine! Sorry for the odd layout. You know how iFrames do.

It's sorted into indie sites I like, webrings, cliques, fanlistings, tools for using the internet, tools for webmastery, art resources, stories and commentary (basically, long-form written content), queer history, places to visit for fun, and misc!

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Daryl Sun
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2023 @635.74 »

My blog's link directory can be found at /links, but it's still a work-in-progress and I haven't updated the list recently. It's "a non-exhaustive page of websites that I think are cool, awesome, amazing, and other nice adjectives."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024 @497.28 by Daryl Sun » Logged

brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2023 @758.83 »

I love looking at other people's link direrctories. Some of hte sites are useful, others are just interesting but they all give a little bit of insight of what the authors find interesting or what they are trying to do with their pages.

I make my lists so I can find the sites again! Besides, it's always nice to give other sites a little bit of credit for helping make my own pages or for amusing me. Here's some of my lists:

Other Websites - an ancient page of everything I found interesting or useful

Back Links - another old page of the sites I found that linked to mine.

Free Multimedia

Free Software

I am rewriting the CSS for my site to make it more accessible, so everything I found useful for that is listed on the page I made to take a look at what I need to do.

There's two things about these lists. They are very susceptible to link rot. My older pages are full of broken links. I really must get around to checking them! The other thing is that if they are around long enough they turn into spam magnets. I get three types of spam. One is people offering to rewrite my entire site, another is people offering to write guest articles, and the other is people wanting their site added to my 20 year old links page.
jadefyre
Casual Poster ⚓︎

now that's something I can hyperfixate on

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2023 @864.55 »

Here's mine! The theme is totally different from the rest of my site, and I mostly used it to learn my way around grids (which I've since abandoned for this particular layout), but I've had fun troubleshooting how to get it to display exactly as I want. I also consider it my place to experiment with certain styles that I don't want elsewhere on my site, such as the rainbow gradient on link-hover.  :cool:

Sofly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Oh hey hi

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2023 @888.26 »

I made one some time ago, the link compendium

It definetly needs some updating, and probably isn't as thought out as other directories, sorry about that

However, i still think there's some really cool stuff in there

Profile pic is from Secret Little Haven
yuentp
Casual Poster ⚓︎

probably napping

StatusCafe: yuentp
iMood: yuentp
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2023 @571.92 »

I'm so glad this was brought up because I'm a sucker for link directories lol this is mine. Mostly a bunch of links I consider useful to webmasters and gamers.

creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2023 @609.26 »

since we are in the subeject of sharing links here´s mine I have a mix of them divided into categories, resources, or things that interest me like videogames, educational, horror or even some fan sites.

I always try to update them from to time with new stuff, or sometimes i remove if I find out that site is no longer working.

Feel free to take a look

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Collecting 90s Texture CD Links

Started by MelooonBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 7212
Last post October 18, 2023 @880.69
by WynnDawnstrider
Best Firework Effect SHOWDOWN

Started by NightdriftBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 4
Views: 1778
Last post January 02, 2022 @860.95
by di
LinxMax Link Directory

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1598
Last post March 13, 2022 @178.02
by easy_breezy

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi