Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @692.72 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Email Culture

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Email Culture  (Read 1143 times)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« on: November 29, 2022 @627.87 »

Do any netizens send emails to each other on a regular basis? Once I sent an email to someone on neocities about their dubstep shrine!! :ozwomp:
When did you consider reaching out to someone via Email on the net? :smile:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022 @996.78 »

I once have someone send me an email about how they liked my site and wanna trade links.
It was nice.
But I don't receive almost any actual email for ages now

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022 @132.07 »

When I first started my guestbook I used to write thank you notes to everyone who left their e-mail; BUT literally no one ever replied, so I stopped.

I do get emails form people every now and then, but usually people feel like they need a particular question or request in order to send an e-mail. I think it would be nice if more people just wrote emails to chat :4u:

Maybe someone should start a penpal club :cheesy:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022 @135.56 »

I should start emailing people!
Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022 @142.26 »

man i’d love to start using email for casual chats and communication again! it serves a different niche than IM does because it’s not immediate - it’s slower, encourages more long-form/thought-out/elaborate responses, and there (usually) isn’t an expectation of receiving a response immediately. it’s like chatrooms vs forums - both are good for hosting communities, but they encourage different styles of interaction.

i’d love to start some kind of email penpal thing on this forum, but i’m not sure how such a thing would work, plus i’m way too anxiety to actually start something like that. :tongue:

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022 @303.72 »

E-Mail is my favourite medium to communicate with friends. Unfortuneatly it has fallen out of favour for many, especially the young, who prefer quick short messanging via WhatsApp and Telegram. But I'm too stubborn to switch to their spywares, so they have to go through the "pain" of opening their webmail, sort out the spam and enter a complicated looking E-Mail address.

To highly improve your E-Mail experience, I suggest to get a good provider, even if you pay lets say 1 dollar per month for it. You have less trash being thrown at you or maybe even no trash at all!
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023 @658.62 »

I've recently had a fellow webmaster on neocities email me to ask about how one of my pages was coded

It felt somewhat exciting, I don't think I casually talked to anyone over e-mail (for not-work-related-reasons) since the 00s and it felt nice

And seeing as I often get tired of the constant stream of messages on modern platforms (they're good sometimes, especially when you're engaged in a quick and active conversation, but otherwise it's either a background noise making me anxious or people seeing when I'm online and immediately expecting an answer, whack)

I have an e-mail button on my website, maybe that will bring me more emails one day! :ozwomp:

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2023 @861.93 »

I would love to talk to people more via e-mail! Nobody ever sends to mine though... :sad:
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2023 @878.83 »

My site has lots of pages that were written because someone emailed me asking about something or other. It can be a pain sometimes because a two sentence email can lead to hours of work.

The other thing is being careful how you put your email address on the site. I was getting a lot of spam, people promising to get the site at the top of Google's search results, wanting to write a guest piece for the site and so on. One of the best things I read about protecting yourself and still having the address usable is on CSS Tricks - https://css-tricks.com/how-to-safely-share-your-email-address-on-a-website/. What I do now is use the SVG image trick someone posted sbout in the comments.
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023 @937.82 »

I actually regularly email friends, family and people I work with. I have a personal email where I do this, and another for the spam you get from websites you register for and email activations, etc.

I use DeltaChat which makes it resemble an IM conversation!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Aloe
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2023 @786.35 »

I emailed someone just to tell them how much i liked their site, wasn't sure whether they'd respond but they did! :blush: It was really nice and I love their art a lot :)
Y2KStardust
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ooh, what does this button do??

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2023 @137.12 »

NGL, this is why I asked for a 32bit cafe email - I want something I can feel comfortable giving out bc I don't plan on using it elsewhere ^.^ Unlike my other email that I use for jobhunting and such, hehe-

YoungsterJ4y
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im just a lil guy

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2023 @879.17 »

I wish...... I find the asynchronous communication of email turns people off. I leave my 32bit.cafe email on my website, but nobody ever emails it to chat, if they have a comment they just go to the guestbook. I think the fact also is that a lot of people have their full legal name attached to their primary email so they're hesitant to just message someone outta the blue :P

"You're telling me these rats are all transgender?!"
aster
Newbie ⚓︎

xe/he

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2023 @882.96 »

i have a fellow web-master that i email! i think the key thing is you have to be the person to start it; don't wait for others! if they seem interesting, shoot an email if they have their address available. worst thing that can happen is they don't respond.

i find it nice cuz it gets rid of some of the fear that i need to respond instantly; but i do feel kinda bad that i did leave them on read for 3 weeks once...

swag............
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Email Ettiquette

Started by dotmidiBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 8
Views: 687
Last post January 09, 2023 @652.67
by dotmidi
Positive pop culture role models from your childhood

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 0
Views: 468
Last post January 13, 2023 @229.92
by Guest
Spam Culture

Started by MelooonBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 6
Views: 637
Last post January 27, 2023 @772.63
by wris

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi