Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @39.65 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  What art program do you use?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What art program do you use?  (Read 2227 times)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2022 @239.21 »

I've been using GIMP 2.6 for years, I never bothered upgrading because they totally screwed up the interface when it went to 2.8.

I've tried a couple other programs like Photoshop, but I guess at this point I just tend to stick with what I'm used to.
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2023 @710.89 »

I use GIMP, and I am one of the few unpopular people who actually really like its user interface. :tongue:
Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2023 @97.67 »

I have clip studio paint, I don't use it much though. I mostly use paint tool sai, I perfer it when it comes to digital art. I also have and use photoshop, procreate, and medibang. For graphics and design I use photoshop, and sometimes paint shop pro 9, paint tool sai, & procreate.

Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2023 @499.56 »

I like Adobe's programs... but I like to get them with black magic  :evil:

I'm also fond of, from time to time, using child's painting programs like KidPix, not for serious art but for fun. I love all the wacky special effects and sounds, and it takes off the edge of "I need to DRAW THIS RIGHT." I should recommend it as a perfectionism medicine.  :tongue:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023 @502.03 by Corrupted Unicorn » Logged

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2023 @520.84 »

i use rebelle 5! its this super cool software that mimics how traditional art looks and behaves. it’s really expensive but i chanced to get it for €10 for an anniversary sale a while back  :ozwomp: . was a really great find tbh. i use medibang pro for just quick things like if i need to do some editing on an image for my site.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Welcome Soup!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2023 @527.89 »

I use Sai, its light and easy! My hardware is up to date and good to be able to handle heavy digital images processing and renderings but for drawings and painting it's Sai all the way baby  :ozwomp: Even for pixel art.

I also recently discovered Procreate and I want to cry because its as good as people say  :drat: I am not a huge fan of apple but man, they got me on this one

i use rebelle 5! its this super cool software that mimics how traditional art looks and behaves. it’s really expensive but i chanced to get it for €10 for an anniversary sale a while back  :ozwomp: . was a really great find tbh. i use medibang pro for just quick things like if i need to do some editing on an image for my site.

Interesting, I will have to check this one out! I only heard about Realistic Paint Studio before, its fun but also adds the limitations of the traditional arts which I personally dislike but I guess it`s their entire deal, I want the best of both worlds tho xD

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2023 @533.65 »

Interesting, I will have to check this one out! I only heard about Realistic Paint Studio before, its fun but also adds the limitations of the traditional arts which I personally dislike but I guess it`s their entire deal, I want the best of both worlds tho xD

i think rebelle could probably be a good option in that case! you still get all the best bits of digital art but with neat realistic brushes. and if the price is too steep. .  i’m sure there are “alternative” methods to get it  :evil:

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2023 @547.16 »

I use Clip Studio Paint - have been using SAI way back when, but not having text options really got to me. (I hear they added that later, but, well, I'm already here). Also the assets are a really nice part of CSP - especially for manga/comics. Both inbuilt and community-sourced.

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2023 @615.39 »

I use Clip Studio Paint! I love it, it's got everything I need~
the only thing I have a hard time with is creating any kind of animations, I think I need to watch a tutorial because trying to animate in CSP confuses the heck out of me. for now if I want to make a simple animated GIF I use GIMP.

i think rebelle could probably be a good option in that case! you still get all the best bits of digital art but with neat realistic brushes. and if the price is too steep. .  i’m sure there are “alternative” methods to get it  :evil:

I also recommend trying out rebelle 5 if you can get it on sale! it's super fun to play around with traditional tools while having the convenience of working in a digital program! here's some examples of art I made in this program: 1 2 3

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2023 @628.04 »

here's some examples of art I made in this program: 1 2 3

these are very nice! i don’t have any with me run but i’ll put up my own examples once i get home :3 i like your style a lot it’s very cute!

thesolitarygamer
Jr. Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2023 @776.31 »

Big fan of Krita, works pretty well in my experience. The text editor in it is something to be desired tho
inbtwn
Casual Poster

It's the real.

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2023 @862.55 »

for me it's Krita or nothin'. one of the few creative apps on Linux that i've used, in my humble opinion. (you couldn't pay me to use GIMP, sorry :V)

and yeah what solitarygamer said: the text editor in Krita is... terrible. thankfully I've heard they are working on that but it'll probably be a while before that drops :(

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2023 @863.50 »

Never wanted to use anything else but GIMP. No other program has gotten close to its workflow efficiency for me.
CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2023 @787.87 »

I mostly draw in Krita since it's possibly the most powerful art software for Android I could find. (And one of the few 100% free ones, for that matter.) Besides this, I've also been experimenting with FireAlpaca, CSP, and Rebelle!

Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2023 @298.91 »

I use LayerpaintHD since I switched over from my nintendo3DS back in 2015. It's only available for Android, however. It's a very simple program and has a similar feel to SAI.

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3268
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1796
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra
sleepyXTRA - Inside The Mind of The Lo-Fi Artist - released FREE!

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 0
Views: 1192
Last post January 21, 2022 @429.43
by ellievoyyd

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi