Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @37.53 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  IM clients

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: IM clients  (Read 2187 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: December 05, 2022 @864.59 »

What IMs do yall have. I heard there's a aim and MSN revival ones but idk anyone on there so I don't use it. What do you use?8

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
bunny
Newbie ⚓︎

*maniacal laughter*

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022 @11.99 »

Like most people, I use discord for pretty much everything - but I do keep MSN and the new Yahoo!Messenger on me when it dies.
...Except for talking to my datefriend! We actually use an app called Between instead :chill: It's a cute IM for couples, I enjoy it.
When I was a teenager I also used LINE quite a bit. I still adore it as an app, but no one I know really uses it haha. This was back in the Skype days too, when most things weren't all on Discord.

gamemaster98
Casual Poster

Feel free to talk to me xD

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022 @475.75 »

I use escargot MSN and i talk to people there from time to time, you can join the official discord group because there you can find all the chat groups that exist on escargot and you can befriend people and talk even if you don't know anyone

You can reach me on MSN: gamemaster98@escargot.chat
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022 @615.49 »

In the past I remember I used to use AIM Phoenix, it was a revival server of the old AIM Messenger although nowadays it seems to be very inactive or something like that. Last year I was also trying to use XMPP/Jabber but I didn't find it very useful to me and I stopped using it.
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022 @707.23 »

I use escargot MSN and i talk to people there from time to time, you can join the official discord group because there you can find all the chat groups that exist on escargot and you can befriend people and talk even if you don't know anyone
Can u pls send me the link to the discord?

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022 @944.76 »

Mostly Discord and Matrix. I do have Escargot MSN though if anyone's ever interested in chatting on there.
zalaz alaza

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022 @546.71 »

I still love IRC, I use basically anything though
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022 @817.65 »

discord mostly, but Im thinking of chekcing that escargot thing out

point0
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2022 @438.97 »

I use Conversations and Element on android. :melon: :eyes:

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2022 @625.93 »

I think going back to the corporate spyware exploitation messengers just because they're old is the wrong step. They're the precursors of what made the internet what it is now.

I personally use XMPP/Jabber via the free and open source Pidgin client, and occasionally IRC on libera.chat.
All free and ethical.
CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023 @805.67 »

Mostly Discord, admittedly. There's a few Discord servers I frequent that I've made friends in! I also have Escargot/MSN and XMPP accounts, and I need to use those more...

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023 @783.75 »

THIS IS AN OUTRIGHT PSA FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT SOMETHING LIKE AIM OR MSN AGAIN
seriously USE Jabber! Jabber, aka XMPP, is designed to operate almost the same way as those classic messengers, but with modern functionality. That means you can use it like discord/whatsapp if you want, but you can also do what I do and use Psi+ as a client.

Get a look at the absolute glory that is this! And its super theme-able too, this is just how I like it to look personally!

If you want to know how to set it up, this thread is pretty helpful. If you cant decide on a server, sure.im and tigase.im should work fine

Also if you do wanna get on XMPP, feel free to message me! I love meeting new people here. You can private message (on melonland your Jabber ID if you would like, or you can just message me since I have my XMPP public. Click the link or copy it (and remove the "xmpp:" from the start) next to XMPP below my name on this post and you can shoot me a message easy!

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2023 @430.94 »

I think you all know by now that I am nearly as old as dirt.

In 1997, I started using ICQ which was only created the year before. Around the same time AOL were sending out floppy disks to people and I started using AOL AIM as well. By 2000, everyone I knew was using whatever suited them best and I was using MSN and Yahoo IMs as well.

That's when I started using Gaim which later became Pidgin which could talk to any of them.

Nowadays the one I use most is Facebook's. That's because nearly everyone I know has an account on that except a few odd bods who got fed up with it all and no longer have any social presence on the web at all.
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2023 @505.94 »

I used to use MSN messenger a lot because that's where all my friends were. An online game I played used ICQ as the de-facto official messenger, so I was there a lot, too. I still remember my ICQ number, even though I haven't logged on in in 10-15 years.

As far as clients go, I used to use a mix of official clients, Pidgin (back when I was an Ubuntu user) and Trillian.

One of my circles was pretty active on IRC, but has since moved to Signal, and now I'm mostly on Discord, although I'm not active in any servers.

E-mail is pretty underrated.
wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

vampires, please give me a chance

StatusCafe: wangobangy

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2023 @929.57 »

I'm like a lot of people, and I use Discord. I have an account with escargot but I haven't actually spoken to anyone with it yet because I don't have any friends on it! I wish I did, I think it's very cool but all of my friends are already on Discord in a server together, so it would feel kinda backwards to ask my friends to join it.  :ohdear:
Not an IM service but I do love communicating through email when I have the chance. It gives me time to think about my response, and there's no pressure for me to respond as soon as possible.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi