Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @461.19 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | |-+  Flip-phones!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Flip-phones!  (Read 2167 times)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« on: December 07, 2022 @671.97 »

A topic of conversation between some of my irls and me is phone ergonomics, particularly an article that InvisibleUp wrote https://invisibleup.com/articles/39/

To summarize my topic of conversation, basically modern day phones are wayy too heavy and way too big! I mean seriously, think about how much the iPhone weighs in your pocket.. **it sags my pants just having it in my pockets** its so baaad.. :ohdear: :sad:
Me and a few of my friends have been considering getting flip-phones and im wondering what you guys think! When I was much younger I remember my aunt having a flip-phone that also could shift to the side and have a fully-fledged keyboard! (Perhaps some model of a blackberry, im unsure)
If anyone has flipphones or is an avid flip-phone enthusiast please let me know whats best and affordable, or if you are just a flip phone haver in general i would love to see what your phone looks like! :ozwomp:
To be honest, I would probably get the samsung flipphone if it werent for the price...

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022 @708.24 »

I just got a flip phone a couple days ago, but it sadly broke in less than a week. I probably won’t get one again and trade it in and get a keyboard phone.

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
SilkSkull

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022 @0.65 »

I think flip phones deserve a proper comeback, the latest line of modern flip phones just feel like smartphones that are flexible, I love the feeling of slamming a phone closed to end a phone call

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022 @531.30 »

I love the feeling of slamming a phone closed to end a phone call

I got one of the flippy smartphones and I make it a point to be the first one to end a call just so I can do that :ha:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022 @939.24 »

So much agreed. I never liked how big those things get and I've always preferred having a physical keyboard over touchscreen (those smudges. UGH.).

I'm actually considering getting a CAT s22 flip or something similar sometime soon. It's basically like a classic, durable flip phone with features of a smart phone!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023 @633.69 »

Since my smartphone doesn't do calls anyway, I use an old Nokia sliding phone to make calls and SMS instead. It's very ergonomic and discourages using it uselessly.
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023 @851.86 »

Funny enough I had a flip phone right around until 2015, until it stopped working i worked almsot for a good decade :sad:
I was actually late than most in adopting the smartphone.

The idea of flip smartphone is apealing though, if anything it probably saves space in your pocket.

gamemaster98
Casual Poster

Feel free to talk to me xD

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023 @871.26 »

So much agreed. I never liked how big those things get and I've always preferred having a physical keyboard over touchscreen (those smudges. UGH.).

I'm actually considering getting a CAT s22 flip or something similar sometime soon. It's basically like a classic, durable flip phone with features of a smart phone!
The good thing about CAT flip phones is that they are flip phones and have a keyboard but from what I have seen in this video they are still much bigger than the original flip phones from back in the day. So are they really ergonomic?

You can reach me on MSN: gamemaster98@escargot.chat
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023 @9.50 »

The good thing about CAT flip phones is that they are flip phones and have a keyboard but from what I have seen in this video they are still much bigger than the original flip phones from back in the day. So are they really ergonomic?

Just to update on this, I didn't get it. I got a Unihertz Titan Pocket instead.
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023 @556.88 »

What does youtube look like on there? I wanna get one but i’m worried the apps will be messed up looking.

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
gamemaster98
Casual Poster

Feel free to talk to me xD

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2023 @936.67 »

What does youtube look like on there? I wanna get one but i’m worried the apps will be messed up looking.
Try to see that as a challenge, the way it was back in the day when you had to struggle navigating on a non mobile-responsive site using your phone buttons. :dive:

You can reach me on MSN: gamemaster98@escargot.chat
Badgermein
Casual Poster ⚓︎

:-)

iMood: Badgermein

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023 @150.37 »

A topic of conversation between some of my irls and me is phone ergonomics, particularly an article that InvisibleUp wrote https://invisibleup.com/articles/39/

To summarize my topic of conversation, basically modern day phones are wayy too heavy and way too big! I mean seriously, think about how much the iPhone weighs in your pocket.. **it sags my pants just having it in my pockets** its so baaad.. :ohdear: :sad:
Me and a few of my friends have been considering getting flip-phones and im wondering what you guys think! When I was much younger I remember my aunt having a flip-phone that also could shift to the side and have a fully-fledged keyboard! (Perhaps some model of a blackberry, im unsure)

Man oh man, I'm so glad someone finally said it! Felt like I was going crazy there for a bit. No one ever talks about how big phones have gotten this past decade. For a while, I gave the Unihertz Atom a try, but it just wasn't for me. It's extremely small, but very, very durable. It's ideal for outdoor activities and things like that, just not so much for YouTube. I just wish there was the perfect blackberry-like phone out there, or a simple flipphone that was small with android on it.

PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2023 @676.68 »

I totally want one--maybe the Sunbeam F1? Both for the convenience/coolness factor and to get further away from social media notifications and all that stuff. I would absolutely love it if technology went back to a 2007 level, with flip phones, iPods and Windows XP! I really think the smartphone has had mostly negative effects on society, since it feels like everyone my age is addicted to being on social media/whatever 24/7, and I want to get away from that.

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2023 @515.25 »

I have this little beast now these days: the Nokia E90 Communicator from 2007!

It's absolutely wild what this can do. 3G internet, a physical keyboard, calls and SMS of course, video conferences, themes, TV, a camera, analog radio, music, video, bluetooth, walkie-talkie connections, office suites including spreadsheets, presentations and a proper word processor, games (Temple Run anyone?), and much more.

It runs Symbian OS, which is really solid on this device.

Never want to go back to a touch "smartphone".

* e901.jpg (225.4 kB, 1003x871 - viewed 60 times.)

* e902.jpg (181.61 kB, 758x941 - viewed 47 times.)
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2023 @645.57 »

@/home/user: Oh, that is an absolutely beautiful device! I would absolutely use something like that! Does the cell service run on modern networks? I know older devices sometimes used protocols that are no longer in use and can't be put on a network anymore. Really impressed that it runs modern internet though!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi