Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @223.89 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 33/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  Flip-phones!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Flip-phones!  (Read 4284 times)
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2024 @900.65 »

Update: I'm about to pull the trigger! I was browsing at a Wal-Mart in my new city recently (I moved away for college) and found out they sell unlocked flip phones! The only problem now is that I need to find a way to get my friends to text instead of Instagram DM---for whatever reason, at least on my college campus, the main way of communication is via Instagram DMs and it's mainly what people give you when you ask to talk to them. At this point, I'm considering using my iPhone's weird Instagram notification bug as an excuse. :| Any ideas, y'all?

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Epic Cat AwardFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2024 @420.72 »

That is SUCH a gorg phone i hope i get the opportunity to get it one day,,,im hoping to visit some secondhand shops in japan (if) my family continues with the plans to go there for the winter  :ozwomp:
That sounds like a pretty good idea. For one, you can probably get it for cheaper than you would online, and also - it might have proper updates, since it seems impossible to update it without a japanese sim card  :ok:

Update: I'm about to pull the trigger! I was browsing at a Wal-Mart in my new city recently (I moved away for college) and found out they sell unlocked flip phones! The only problem now is that I need to find a way to get my friends to text instead of Instagram DM---for whatever reason, at least on my college campus, the main way of communication is via Instagram DMs and it's mainly what people give you when you ask to talk to them. At this point, I'm considering using my iPhone's weird Instagram notification bug as an excuse. :| Any ideas, y'all?

In my experience, people who want to stay in touch with you - close friends and family - will adjust without a problem. But for other people it might be an annoyance and they might forget to contact you when, let's say, some important organisational thing happens at your college  :ohdear: I don't think anyone should have to make excuses for wanting to use other manners of communications, though, we are free to do whatever we want with our lives and our phones :P

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
1dkreally
Casual Poster ⚓︎

trying my best to keep it silly :3

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2024 @883.99 »

i recently saw a video (in the shorts format, sorry X{) that featured a flip phone natively running android (not the most recent version, but still very cool!) and after looking through this person's videos i found that smart flip phones seem to be a whole thing!

if i had a flip phone i'd likely get one of those, there are smartphone apps that i need to have (public transport, messaging, etc) but they said that they were less active on their phones as the form factor slowed them down, i think it'd be perfect for me! :D
larvapuppy
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2024 @888.24 »

I don't own a regular slab-type smartphone- my flip phone is my only mobile phone, and it works great. I only use it for calling and texting, but it runs Android so theoretically I could download apps on it, I just choose not to.

The model is CAT S22. It's nothing fancy but I do like that it has a little screen that lets you check the time and whether you have any messages/missed calls when it's closed.

I love the look of these cute ones everyone is sharing. Maybe I'll look into one of them once this one wears out.  :seal:

* catflipphone.jpeg (155.47 kB, 2000x2000 - viewed 6 times.)

the end of an era, one starts anew
halcybutton
Jr. Member ⚓︎

i may be cringe but i am free

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: halcybutton
iMood: halcybutton
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2024 @192.62 »

i miss my first phone a lot, i don't remember exactly what model or make it was but it had a sliding keyboard which i would mess with alllllll the time lol. i also had a windows phone when those were coming out, it was not a flip phone but it definitely was a unique phone. anyways, in the current day, i've been eyeing the cat s22, kyocera 903kc, and kyocera ky-42c! mainly the later two due to aesthetic preferences :grin: when i am in a better place financially maybe i'll finally get myself one

HALCYON 
it/he/ey - EST
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi