Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @805.16 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  What are you working on at the moment?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: What are you working on at the moment?  (Read 8527 times)
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2023 @882.37 »

I started trying out pixel art recently so this is my WIP

Apart from working on trying to cheer up ahah
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2023 @13.94 »

Really good so far! Looking forward to seeing more :ozwomp:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2023 @102.95 »

I’ve started work on my next game. I’ve got actors on board for all but 1 role and have started writing the script. I love writing! :cheesy:

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2023 @694.98 »

working on a superman page

arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023 @968.66 »

Currently, I'm drawing some characters from Dragon Quest VIII :) I got my first touchscreen tablet a few days ago, and it is AWESOME. I've never been very good with most techy stuff when it comes to art, so this is a major leap forward for me, and despite my worries at first, it's been really really easy to adjust to hehehe.

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2023 @190.95 »

finally taking the first steps into learning javascript and blender...  :dive:
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2023 @238.66 »

Lately I have been working on artwork for a visual novel/CYOA style game in my spare time. I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I'm confident enough to show it to anyone, but it's a creative way to fill my down time after work.

I don't know if I'll end up reusing what I had previously done in Twine or Ren'Py for the game engine. I have learned a lot of Angular at work and might want to utilize that. Although, Twine is really great for mapping out choice-based stories so I'm inclined to stick with that. Maybe if I can figure out how to extend it with Knockout.js to support the view/viewModel dynamic that would work.

finally taking the first steps into learning javascript and blender...  :dive:

Javascript has a bad reputation, but I honestly think you're in for a treat. Even though it's more of a scripting language, it shares a lot of similarities to programming languages and is a great stepping stone into that arena. If you enjoy it, you're opening yourself up to a whole world. Once you understand one programming language, it all kind of flows together. The syntax will have its differences, but the concepts are all the same, and if you can get your mind around those it's a great time. I really enjoy it.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2023 @704.88 »

Javascript has a bad reputation, but I honestly think you're in for a treat. Even though it's more of a scripting language, it shares a lot of similarities to programming languages and is a great stepping stone into that arena. If you enjoy it, you're opening yourself up to a whole world. Once you understand one programming language, it all kind of flows together. The syntax will have its differences, but the concepts are all the same, and if you can get your mind around those it's a great time. I really enjoy it.

I agree with this...the more I see of the internet, the more I realize that you can do absolutely ANYTHING with javascript. And I'm sure that's true of most other languages as well, but there are so many resources for JS that you can probably take it in any direction you want to. People are making whole operating systems using only JS these days:

https://github.com/felixrieseberg/macintosh.js/

I've been working on a simple chatbot using a hand-written, plain-text API called Rivescript. I'm not sure if it's maintained anymore, but since I'm using a javascript implementation for it (hey!), I'll eventually be able to expand it and plug anything into it that I need. You can check it out here if you like:

https://www.thefrugalgamer.net/programming/chatbot/chat.html?debug=0

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2023 @865.01 »

A home made card game. A simplified Yu-Gi-Oh clone I developed as a kid needed some polish. Now it's well tested and balanced, but ideas keep flowing in. On my table, simulated tournaments are taking place, me playing against myself with different cards. So I can figure out, if all works well. However playing with someone else, who has a sensitive feel for gameplay, brought the level of improvement much more forward, than just simulating duels.

All the graphics are ripped from Deviantart. This is saddening... all these talented artists, making beautiful paintings of whatever... dragons, machines, insects, witches, necklaces, surreal shapes, I can't give something back to them. This is a zero dollar budget operation for me, too. All I have are the ideas and MS Paint for the layout. The cards are printed on a photo printer at a little grocery store, making them wobbly, but at least solid enough for shuffling.

I think if someone would want to make produce something commercially, just buy some art from Deviantart or similar sites. There is lots and lots of great art there. I don't know if AI can compete with that. It would probably take too many tries to let the AI produce something, that you had in mind as a title image.

* karten42.gif (29.95 kB, 317x261 - viewed 39 times.)

* cards.GIF (110.48 kB, 626x356 - viewed 39 times.)
meatman
Newbie ⚓︎

I LIKE IT MEATY!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2023 @832.06 »

i've been working on my site but redoing it 3 times w/ out completing most of it and being so confused is not helping >:?? and i'm slowly learning html loll

- meaty
lulu
Casual Poster ⚓︎

if it stops i'm havin' a bad dream

StatusCafe: lulu
iMood: WILDLIFE

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2023 @982.13 »

tooooooo many things!

• cleaning up the hot and spicy mess that is lulu in cyperspace. what was i thinking when i was writing this site? not even the layout, just the raw html ~ it's an accessibility nightmare (and a nightmare to maintain). also clearing out my backlog of half-baked pages, including
    • a page about my new cat fox
    • a page about the "saturns return" concept
    • a pingu page
    • my tamagotchi collection
    • why physical media is important
  • reworking my domain landing page. this lives on my desktop, and is my lowest priority... but it will be fun when i'm done :)
  • a beatles zine, mostly just a fun one for baby millenials and zoomers and people with a sense of humor.. but there's some heartfelt stuff in there too
  • i'm launching an irl physical media club, which should be cool!! right now i'm securing hosts and perfecting flyers
  • i started writing a joke piece of king of the hill fanfiction a few years ago.. er, it started out as a joke (i don't even write fanfics) but then i got into it. there's just a gap in the middle that i need to fill
Mayflower
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I slay all day

iMood: Azalea

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2023 @857.51 »

As of now its more of a "I want to work on something" rather than actually working lol.
I want to redo the layout and style of the main mayf.pink page, but at the moment Ive been lacking ideas on how thats supposed to look or how id even want to approach that, so ive been mostly looking at other sites to see if I can find inspiration

While not thinking about what to do I usually just browse personal pages looking for ways to contact the owners so i can ask them if theyre interested in contributing to my very amazing second site! at first it was just a page for me to learn HTML but now its transitioned into a place that features alot of things from people over the web, sort of like a small sample of everyones page (or not if they so choose) and its been very fun encountering so many people of the web

Im so ⦜⠱⸣⃲⼭❌ⶳ℟♯◃❤⑬⇤⌂⤞Ⲯ⸚⃠⎳⎞⮌⥣ⱨ :cheerR:
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2023 @858.99 »

I'd forgotten I'd already posted here before.

Like @lulu and others there so many things swirling around that I want to do. I'm down to the finalists for the photo hosting project. It looks like Piwigo may the best for what I want. I feel a rant coming on about some of the others - first find the Docker image, then create an account on Cloudflare. Then you'll need to drag in the libraries from some CDN somewhere...

What I'm working on at the moment is putting together a collection of old-school web log analyzers and move away from Google Analytics, soon to be GA4. Analog, AWStats and Webalizer are the ones I've used before, but there are others like Apache Tail, Log Parser, W3Perl and WebLog Expert Lite I want to try.

Apart from keeping the list up-to-date, I think I've more or less finished the Webring pages, or at least until I find something interesting more to say about them.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023 @861.26 by brisray » Logged
Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2023 @901.77 »

I am pretty much always working on my webbed site and art projects 😪 stuff I have listed on my to-do... The most important things are character ref sheets. man I feel like I never find an end. I could just draw my characters randomly but I like having an actual ref for them, although I'm not going to get art done by others for 90% of them. But hey, if someone wants to draw them in their freetime, they at least have a solid reference to use. Drawing the ref is mostly what I do first, also because I will use it myself too.

I also wanna work more on my character world. Already finished some more pages recently. The section that is still left is the dragon page. A page where I am going to explain the different forms my ocs turn into.. their strengths, obtaining, chis yada yada. I will have to illustrate A TON of stuff for this. But I think it's going to be fun, along with writing! I am very excited about that.

Also updating my website sitemap. I already improved it recently (like yesterday) with a few design elements and more clarity. But I still wanna do something else with it. I'm still not 100% happy.

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2023 @517.00 »

for the non-offline stuff, is im trying to learn how to run my very own solo RPG campaign, maybe do one one of those journaling games or something, and perhaps created gamecards.

for the online stuff, its finishing my seagull page, add another entry for my library (it thinking about maybe put an entry about toliken orcs or a review about this vampire books i´ve been reading), and finish my loki shrine who is just a bunch of funny comic panels and marvel memes at the moment

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4979
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3218
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1631
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi