Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @717.80 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Holiday Gifts

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Holiday Gifts  (Read 640 times)
dotmidi

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« on: January 05, 2023 @592.53 »

If it doesn't intrude you people too much, what did you all get as presents for the holidays! I'm curious

I got a sewing machine i am so-so happy its the most thoughtful gift i got from a family member :smile:
some other things i was given include: a nice ol big tin of popcorn (a classic), a sesame street lego set, and a crate to hold my vinyls
and of course lotsa treats and snacks from my stocking!

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023 @682.23 »

GIFTS!

A sewing machine! Iv always wanted to make my own clothes, but ahhh, there isn't time for everything :omg:k:
Last time I made popcorn it woudnt pop and I burnt the pan and there was smoke and it still makes me sad :sad:

Gifts Given:
An aunt got a copy of the Royal Game of Ur (a Babylonian board game) because she likes board games - side note you can play a cool digital version made by a friend of mine!
Another aunt got two 18th century cook books (reprints) by Amelia Simmons and Hannah Glasse because we both enjoy the Townsends youtube channel.
My grannie got a mug with the local news channels logo printed on it because she's ALWAYS watching the news :tongue:
I also got some people chocolates, make your own friendship bracelets, iron on t-shirt stickers, a pair of headphones and those kits where you make crystal landscapes grow.

Gifts Received:
I got pig slippers, a hot water bottle, a hat (not sure about that, I don't tend to wear hats), MONEY :happy: , Turkish delights, some pasta sauce??, a spatula (to use with the sauce?), thermal t-shrits.
AND this Apple Pencil which maybe is a bit of a conflict of ideals but its also cool and Im happy to have a real apple pencil now!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023 @718.52 »

GIFTS!
 and those kits where you make crystal landscapes grow.
I always wanted to eat them, they look like rock candy.. :dive:

Also WOW i never heard abt this Townsends youtube channel but it genuinely looks pretty binge-worthy, might watch some when i get back home :omg:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023 @732.27 »

GIFTS!
Gifts Received:
I got pig slippers, a hot water bottle, a hat (not sure about that, I don't tend to wear hats), MONEY :happy: , Turkish delights, some pasta sauce??, a spatula (to use with the sauce?), thermal t-shrits.
AND this Apple Pencil which maybe is a bit of a conflict of ideals but its also cool and Im happy to have a real apple pencil now!

Awww, I know you said you're conflicted about the Apple Pencil, but it's so sweet that they had your online name printed on it! (I'm assuming that's real and not a watermark, lol)

My family and I are trying to cut down on unnecessary clutter, so I gave away a lot of homemade pumpkin bread, which was a big hit. I also gave away a few jigsaw puzzles that I had customized with family pictures.

My family got me an airbrush, and the latest Kirby game :smile: Both of which I'm highly enjoying. The airbrush will be used for miniature art and doll customizing, and the game because Kirby is one of my favorites.

Dotmidi, I've had my sewing machine for ages, and I love it so much! I've done so many thing with it and it brings me so much joy. I hope you enjoy yours too, and use it to make many things!

dotmidi

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023 @815.83 »

Dotmidi, I've had my sewing machine for ages, and I love it so much! I've done so many thing with it and it brings me so much joy. I hope you enjoy yours too, and use it to make many things!

I SURE WILL hehe :cheesy: I bought spiderweb fabric from joann's so im gonna sew up something ~spooky~

Also, an airbrush sounds super cool! I've compeltely forget those exist to be honest :drat: you should make funny airbrush t-shirts like they do at fairs LOL :happy:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023 @129.98 »

This year my main present I got was an actually good quality electronic coffee bean grinder! I am pretty big into coffee making, but the previous grinder was a manual one that was a hassle to use and not nearly as precise. Now I can just press on and it grinds my freshly roasted beans into perfect little chunks!
HayleyMulch
Jr. Member ⚓︎

(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023 @853.85 »

Oh boy, I really get spoiled every year by my family and I get an awful lot of stuff ;; I'm very grateful always for it because we want to spoil each other after a long year. This year was a bit more poignant as 2 months prior, my nan passed away.

I got a beautiful bronze heart pendant. Within the pendant are some of her ashes. I got a Christmas card from her that she got before she passed, and a small music box that plays "You Are My Sunshine" from her too. Tears were shed, and they still are. It was weird she wasn't with us this Christmas, but I'm so thankful to have enjoyed one final summer with her.

Then, I got a Tamagotchi Smart, a Bratz doll, some Japanese Sylvanian Families, a Real Littles suitcase, some Sonic toys including the Green Hill Zone Lego and some Thomas & Friends designed model buses and trains (yes, I know I'm an adult, and I justify it by getting all the toys I wanted as a child! :grin:smile: And one of those incense burners that trails the smoke like a waterfall, an Aston Martin Sebastian Vettel t-shirt, and some star earrings. I'm certain I got more, but I can't remember ;;;

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Unique Holiday Traditions

Started by wodaroBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 8
Views: 801
Last post January 24, 2023 @698.90
by wodaro
What are the "gifts" and how do you get/send them?

Started by soopBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 2
Views: 487
Last post June 01, 2023 @654.03
by Melooon
What are gifts you'd love to recieve?

Started by caracalledBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 3
Views: 307
Last post August 08, 2023 @927.91
by andou

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi