Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @822.15 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  Confessions

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Confessions  (Read 1755 times)
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« on: January 06, 2023 @604.63 »

:ziped: I haven't seen a confessions thread yet.. and I have something to confess..

I spent more time on Expage than I did on Geocities, and I liked it better too.. :drat:

Now that that's off my chest... anyone else have any lighthearted webrelated confessions? :evil:

jONALD
Casual Poster

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023 @616.63 »

I USED YOUR CLARINET TO UNCLOG YOUR TOILET :dl:
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023 @626.04 »

To be honest I've never played half-life... i never played either of the games

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023 @639.87 »

To be honest I've never played half-life... i never played either of the games

I didn't either.. I didn't even play Halo (besides for a couple rounds at a friend's house around 2001,) Doom, FarCry.. I haven't even played Portal.. :sad:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023 @657.86 »

I USED YOUR CLARINET TO UNCLOG YOUR TOILET :dl:
Hi, I could be wrong but I don't think Onio is asking for joke replies on this topic - please keep your posts related to what the topic creator is asking for!

My confession:
Hmmm - I once made a mod for a game that was literally just a blank cube, and I tried to hype it up like it was the biggest mod ever created and everyone was gonna need the cube in their game.. but I messed up zipping the mod files so it didn't work and I didn't know how to fix it.. :ohdear:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023 @723.22 »

I like dogs, but I would never adopt one because they are too high maintenance.

That sounds even worse to me now that I've put it into words. I'm am awful person.

I spent more time on Expage than I did on Geocities, and I liked it better too.. :drat:

You're the only other person I know who remembers Expage (or at least who has mentioned it). That's where I got my start making websites and I definitely spent more time on it than Geocities too. But Angelfire is where I spent most of my early life online.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023 @786.39 »

That sounds even worse to me now that I've put it into words. I'm am awful person.

You're not an awful person! You've realized that your lifestyle and preferences don't mesh well with what dogs need. It's not bad to say you recognize that and won't put another being through being neglected. In fact, I wish more people would do that, because it would keep pets from being in unhappy homes.

Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023 @938.85 »

I feel the same way, haha. Dogs are amazing, but I just don't have it in me to give one the attention and maintenance it deserves. I might get along with a fish tank, though.

I totally forgot about Angelfire! Classic! I think I only tried making a site on there but went back to Expage.

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023 @969.00 »

Never heard of Expage before but I searched it now and discovered a tale of early 2000s horse website discrimination  Web stables made on Geocities and Angelfire etc refused to cooperate with the inferior Expage stables, which lead to the founding of the Association for the Support of Expage stables. They wrote (translated by me): "The discrimination and belittling of Expage stables on a MASSIVE scale has begun recently. E.g. compared to Geo-stables. On Expage, you can see stables equally as good as on Geo Therefore, we started this association - for all expage stables. Every Expage stable is welcome to join us and we also wish for it from the bottom of our heart!"

Interesting piece of history...
Deckade (Tolo)
Casual Poster

Feel free to email me and be pen pals :)

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023 @983.84 »

I like dogs, I like cats. I didn't realise I was a cat person until I got my second dog though :grin:
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2023 @6.98 »

Never heard of Expage before but I searched it now and discovered a tale of early 2000s horse website discrimination  Web stables made on Geocities and Angelfire etc refused to cooperate with the inferior Expage stables, which lead to the founding of the Association for the Support of Expage stables. They wrote (translated by me): "The discrimination and belittling of Expage stables on a MASSIVE scale has begun recently. E.g. compared to Geo-stables. On Expage, you can see stables equally as good as on Geo Therefore, we started this association - for all expage stables. Every Expage stable is welcome to join us and we also wish for it from the bottom of our heart!"

That is hilarious and I love it. Thank you for sharing :grin:

It's so nice how such an obscure piece of internet history was somehow preserved.
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023 @21.85 »

Oh my goodness, that is so funny.

Geocities definitely felt more advanced than Expage. If I recall correctly, you couldn't just edit the whole site with Expage. There were separate fields for the header, body, and footer that you could edit separately, and you were stuck to choose some of their limited options for graphics, dividers, songs, etc. It was still great fun though. I met my best friend on that website, we've been friends for over 20 years, because I stole the color of his background and that made him upset.

The front page of Expage looked like this:

Here's my archived Expage website, courtesy of 10 year old me.

Here's my friend's archived Expage website.

And this is one of the absolute MIDI bangers you could choose from, hahaha.

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023 @60.67 »

Geocities definitely felt more advanced than Expage. If I recall correctly, you couldn't just edit the whole site with Expage. There were separate fields for the header, body, and footer that you could edit separately, and you were stuck to choose some of their limited options for graphics, dividers, songs, etc. It was still great fun though. I met my best friend on that website, we've been friends for over 20 years, because I stole the color of his background and that made him upset.

This brings back so many memories. Some of the other limitations I remember were you couldn't use HTML, as you were limited to their custom syntax kinda similar to BBCode, and I think there was a character limit on how big the body of your site could be.

Their clipart options were kind of great though.

I wish I could find any of my old Expage sites on the Wayback Machine.

So as to not totally derail this topic with Expage memories, another confession of mine is that I hate ranch dressing.
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023 @503.03 »

Here's my archived Expage website, courtesy of 10 year old me.

Here's my friend's archived Expage website.

And this is one of the absolute MIDI bangers you could choose from, hahaha.

That's adorable. I suddenly got memories of a website where you needed to upload a picture in the background and then add text fields, images, videos, etc basically widgets of sorts on top of the background image and that was the website. No memory of the name tho.

Confessions uhhhhh. My first website was actually a horse website on Freewebs which my cousin had received from someone and invited me to edit. I had no idea what was the purpose of such sites though :grin: It was called something like stable snowblizzard (sounds kind of... violent in english).
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2023 @716.01 »

My very first "website" I made with a friend in sixth grade while on a two weeks long school trip to the German island of Wangerooge. There was only one single computer in the entire youth hostel, so people queued to be on it as much as possible to play GTA 2, which for some reason was installed there, haha.

But when everyone else was out playing on the beach, we kind of chilled browsing the internet there, and one time we created a forum using the free German forum creator forumieren.de. It looked terrible! It had like a black and green cyber theme and a really silly name. Of course, after the class trip was over, we went back home and forgot about it. It might still be out there, but for the life of me I can't remember the name or anything else. It must have been 2010.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi