Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @792.47 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Net-Cards, do you send webpage cards?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Net-Cards, do you send webpage cards?  (Read 174 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: April 12, 2024 @941.12 »

Net-Cards

Recently I received a wonderful birthday net-card from a group of people I was at a workshop with! It was really nice to receive and it made me realise that net-cards are not as commonplace a thing in the web revival space as a person might expect them to be.

A net-card is basically a postcard on the net, made using HTML and CSS and scripts  :ha:

I made one for my aunt's birthday a few years ago (she really loved it even though shes not a big web enjoyer) and I really should make more! (Fun fact about this card, due to a bug it will keep posting pictures of her face until your browser crashes  :happy: )

Do you make net-cards? And if so do you share them widely, or only with the person they are made for? Do you reuse net card code or do you make a new one each time?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024 @943.24 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
bees
Casual Poster ⚓︎

iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024 @977.70 »

I don't think I was aware of this concept before, I honestly thought this was going to be about e-cards! Now I want to make some for my friends next time there's a special occasion.

dbnet18
Newbie ⚓︎

badda bing? badda boom!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024 @980.94 »

Woah! This is actually an awesome idea!
Winternet

beep boop

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024 @145.05 »

Interesting concept! Funny enough, I never heard about this before, but had this exact idea in high school. I wanted to make a little webpage for my English teacher. It was the best way I knew to be creative and make a card, since my drawing skills were (and are) really lacking. I never did make that card though!

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024 @159.27 »

I remember we used to send similar things to one another for our birthdays or other events. Usually it was in the form of a small flash video or game, and usually sent through email. Those were fun times!

I’d love to bring that back. Make a website duplicating that exact kind of thing except using Ruffle, obviously.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024 @178.32 »

I remember we used to send similar things to one another for our birthdays or other events. Usually it was in the form of a small flash video or game, and usually sent through email. Those were fun times!

I’d love to bring that back. Make a website duplicating that exact kind of thing except using Ruffle, obviously.

Yes! I remember those! I remember doing a Christmas one where you got to make a snowman, and I sent it to my grandparents :)

I love the concept of digital greeting cards a lot, maybe it's due for a revival  :transport:

tertiaryapocalypse
Casual Poster ⚓︎

travelling through space at a very high speed

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: tertiaryapocalypse

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024 @827.48 »

yeah! way back in 2022 i made my then-partners a valentines card with carrd (since i didn't know any HTML at that point.) i've also made my friend an HTML game for christmas :-) net-cards are such a good concept and i feel like they have a lot more flexibility than just a paper card! + they're definitely more suitable for long distance relations  :smile:

i think the 2022 valentines card had, like, custom sprites and an embedded playlist? i only shared the link with the recipients but it would've been possible for anyone to find it. the game i made my friend was sent over on a zip file, though. i'm looking at maybe custom-making a pal of mine a digital pet for her birthday this year :-)

a button for the site tertiaryapocalypse, which reads 'visit mars' in all caps and below it reads the site name.a button reading long gone legends in black and white with an eye icon with a star pupil
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 55
Views: 5249
Last post April 10, 2024 @574.35
by Misanthropic Monster™
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 48
Views: 3885
Last post April 11, 2024 @823.52
by Misanthropic Monster™
Spooky Webpage Awards 2022! Closed

Started by MelooonBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 10
Views: 1509
Last post November 02, 2022 @624.33
by creaturefeature

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi