Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @25.25
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  What does your browser setup/window look like


« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print Embed
Author Topic: What does your browser setup/window look like  (Read 2975 times)
Deckade (Tolo)
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


Feel free to email me and be pen pals :)
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Winter, 28 Jan 2023 @160 » Embed

Hey guys, I thought browser windows are pretty personal things that give insight into people, but aren't talked about in that way much. This could be silly :grin: but I want to give it a shot. Here's mine.




* Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 1.45.33 pm.jpg (455.66 kB, 3360x2100 - viewed 285 times.)
Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 28 Jan 2023 @201 » Toggle Font Embed

~~~~ ARCHIVED setup, see a newer post below ~~~~

Iv never been a major tab user - unless Im really in the middle of a project that has a bunch of info pages I need - usually it's just one or two! Also I close the browser a lot, so often there are no tabs at all! :evil:

Also I tend to have it set in a square aspect most of the time.

Extension icons - from left to right:
  • AdGuard - its a good adblocker - thats I have it installed system wide so thats just a control widget.
  • 1Password - I definitely recommend using a good password manager.
  • Save to My ToDo list - useful for forum topics I need to get back too!
  • Wayback Machine - lets me quickly check archives of a site and save archived pages!
  • Raindrop - My bookmarks!
  • The cog is site settings like auto play music and permissions etc
  • Tabs and search bar - I use compact mode tabs which merges both
  • Downloads button
  • E-mail this page button - I enjoy emailing pages to people!
  • New tab + tab windows



* safari.png (543.98 kB, 2000x1677 - viewed 253 times.)
« Last Edit: Autumn, 01 Sep 2026 @703 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Memory
Guest

« Reply #2 on: Winter, 28 Jan 2023 @517 » Embed

This screenshot showcases my two browser I use regularly; LibreWolf for a classic web experience, and Kristall for when I want to turn it down a bit and browse (X)HTML-only, plain, self-stylable, information-first websites. Here's my website displayed on both.

https://libre.town/i/browsers.png

Logged
brisray
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 28 Jan 2023 @882 » Embed

At this very moment I don't have much open at all.

Other days, I'll have dozens of tabs open depending on what I'm doing. Not only that, I'll have Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Opera all open.



* chrome-browser-tabs-20230128.jpg (343.64 kB, 1366x267 - viewed 186 times.)
Logged
Cele
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 01 Feb 2023 @040 » Toggle Font Embed

Say hello to my 648 tabs



* ghbhjnmk.jpg (570.02 kB, 1918x1048 - viewed 174 times.)
Logged

https://64.media.tumblr.com/f339750d47b841f86b411f210c89bc48/a3f9ac693d24060d-e8/s400x600/2fce684b29380077b902465628201ec7b63f98ff.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/7fa851235decd83fb1f04728a2473956.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/f082aecc2519321c0a13c39f701907bf.png
https://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/gothorita.gif
Memory
Guest

« Reply #5 on: Winter, 24 Jan 2025 @381 » Embed

i usually don't have more than a handlful of tabs open. i hoard bookmarks instead of tabs.



* firefox_windows.jpg (579.52 kB, 2560x1402 - viewed 124 times.)
Logged
candycanearter07
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


i like slimes
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!it's tbhchansey!Goomy, I Choose You!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy Cane
« Reply #6 on: Winter, 25 Jan 2025 @045 » Toggle Font Embed

i TRY not to have too many tabs, but i do have a habit of leaving stuff open sometimes.. also the add2site folder keeps growing help



* clipboard.png (206.48 kB, 1579x891 - viewed 125 times.)
Logged

new to oldnet be nice
https://status.cafe/users/candycanearter/badge.png https://abslimeware.neocities.org/assets/images/blinkers/penguins.gif

https://abslimeware.neocities.org/assets/images/blinkers/slimebounce.gif https://card.exophase.com/2/0/268504.png?1727352149

https://i.imgur.com/S1cx8ZZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/7ntZZGM.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/xKIpW2A.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

Artifact Swap: buzzystickerSootBlob Creature
PurpleHello98
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: purplehello98

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: Winter, 25 Jan 2025 @232 » Embed

Here's my browser! I keep it themed like Netscape and I found a way in my browser (Mypal, a fork of Pale Moon) to disable tabs so I have an old-school browsing experience! Sadly SeaMonkey doesn't work properly with my school's network or else I'd probably be using it. (Or maybe it's a problem with my Windows proxy, I'm not sure.) I like to keep it in a nice small window in the middle of my screen so I can see other things (like IM windows) as well as just see my pretty desktop background, because what's the point of having it if I never see it? My browser is an older version, so I have a newer version (Mypal 68) for things that don't work, like some of my school's learning system as well as G-Docs, etc., and Supermium (based off of modern Chromium) for my school e-mail, since that's pretty picky about what it works in.

https://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/browser.JPG

Logged

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters


https://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/userbars/46535.png
https://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/purplehello98.gifhttps://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/neocities-pink.gifhttps://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/vrvr-purple.gif
Nova
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


Cat, I'm a kitty cat, and I dance dance dance...
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cielos-pasteles
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Pastel_Skies
PicMix: Cielos-Pasteles
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Best Wishes and Good Luck for your GED !Joined 2025!
« Reply #8 on: Winter, 25 Jan 2025 @890 » Toggle Font Embed

There ain't many purple aesthetic colors that I fw, but this one I like the most.

https://files.catbox.moe/992a6y.jpg
File Garden Link.

Logged

https://file.garden/Z3biHjjyWGCd1efn/Nova_Galaxium_Button.gif
Yuvi
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: Winter, 26 Jan 2025 @365 » Toggle Font Embed

I really like mine, personally :grin:
https://files.catbox.moe/d081nm.png

Logged

https://files.catbox.moe/hk7spj.pngAmongus
Skykristal
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


I may be dead but I am here
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: skykristal

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Uni-StarFirst 1000 Members!Great Posts PacmanJoined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: Winter, 26 Jan 2025 @393 » Toggle Font Embed

I love and use the vivaldi browser for a couple years now. <3 currently in my code & web workspace (the arrow you see before imgbb pinned tab is where they are). I also have a second/default workspace for general tabs and browsing and socials but uh.. I occasionally don't switch and do whatever bc its quicker.

Made an orange dark theme a while back. Thats also why there's still the Halloween house for the home button XD Might change that graphic sometime. I also had a custom teal one before with lots of personalized icons but.. it got whipped with a past update :( pretty sure I saved that theme but I guess Vivaldi had other plans.  :notgood:

The taskbar is start 11 btw. I'm a stardock lover. I have a couple of software from them but I don't use all anymore.

https://i.ibb.co/fnLfQDw/Screenshot-2025-01-26-092112.png

Logged

https://skykristal.art/Ocs/_rebecka.pnghttp://internetometer.com/imagesmall/50425.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_aquarium-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_tobi-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_flora-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_toothy-icon.png
TheDuke_11037
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: duke_11037

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: Winter, 31 Jan 2025 @085 » Embed

I use firefox primarily with a geckium installed because I like how it looks. Sometimes I use retrozilla with protoweb for browsing older websites, which works really well.  :dot:



* BrowserSS.jpg (169.04 kB, 800x600 - viewed 86 times.)
Logged

~Posted from the dungeon depths...
Oceansandy02
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Ocean (any pronouns + neos)
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: oceansandy02
iMood: oceansandy02

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: Winter, 08 Feb 2025 @796 » Toggle Font Embed

I use Waterfox, with a few themes added solely for customization. Because I like cyan, I looked for that add-on.  Waterfox also has an easy way to switch search engines that I use occasionally.

https://i.imgur.com/QXkHzzu.png

Logged

  https://i.imgur.com/FoJSh5v.gif
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #13 on: Autumn, 01 Sep 2026 @703 » Toggle Font Embed

01/09/2026 - I'm gonna respond to this again since basically everything has changed since my last post  :tongue:

I used Safari for a while back in the day, but after the whole Arc disaster, I've since gone back to Fire/Waterfox as my main browser, using a more classic layout. These days I use more older OS's along side newer MacOS, so its helpful to have a consistent browser across everything.

As a general rule, I want Forward/Back buttons on the left - followed by the address bar - followed by the reload button - followed by the search box - adblock - and anything else. I usually keep the default new tab splash screen, but I turn off everything but the search box. I also dont often use the browser in fullscreen mode, so if you are making a site for 1080p+ it will look wrong for me.

The theme I've used in Firefox for about 5 years is Catnip Cosmo

https://nonit.me/external/images/firefox_layout_2.jpg

« Last Edit: Autumn, 01 Sep 2026 @708 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
larvapuppy
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


World's Worst Baby Seal
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: larvapuppy
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
CubesealSpheal, I Choose You!Wave MailsealFirst 1000 Members!Bisexual
« Reply #14 on: Autumn, 01 Sep 2026 @715 » Toggle Font Embed

Here's mine! After Waterfox updated their layout to some hot garbage I had some fun messing around with the layout and colours. The layout is more or less the same as the previous Waterfox version's default one, but I added in a shortcut to browser settings and a shortcut to Web developer tools since I use those functions often.

I also decided to switch back to light mode just to change things up a bit, and I'm liking it; feels fresh!  :4u: 

Spoiler

[close]

Logged

Newest Clothing

Artifact Swap: BunnyHE WATCHES YOUcup 4 uStripe²happy shirousa
Pages: [1] 2 Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe