Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @186.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 26/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  Getting started with synth based vocals?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting started with synth based vocals?  (Read 679 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: February 03, 2023 @597.72 »

Just a quick question!

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of making synthesised vocals for songs (like Vocaloid etc) - Ideally Id like to be able to easily map a set of lyrics to a tune using a synthetic voice - possibly even playing the vocals like a musical instrument!

I know its conceptually possible; but Id love to hear if anyone has particular experience or can point me in a direction! :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023 @671.23 »

I'm very interested in this myself as well, keep me updated :cheesy:
I've consider making vocaloid songs possibly

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023 @787.77 »

This forum post is very old but I decided to take on the challenge to try making a vocaloid song so here are some resources for anyone else who'd like to get started:

And since vocaloid is really expensive and inaccessible for many I also have resources to . Piracy. if anyone needs to contact me for that

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
bingus_baby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023 @102.82 »

I have some spotty experience, so if someone is interested in UTAU lmk! I'd link resources, but... there really isn't much to speak of. It's very trial and error and tutorials are very... here and there? They exist, but are somewhat hard to find and usually not extensive. But for anyone interested, UTAU is basically Vocaloid but free, and user made vocal banks!! You can also make your own and it's VERY cool.

And for someone wanting an even easier option, RVC exists. It is very easy as long as you have access to the vocals you wish to sample. VBs exist, but vary in quality, ethics, and legality. Imo, as long as its for memes its fine, but it can get weird fast!!

Lastly, SynthV has a free edition, and I personally think it's the easiest to learn of the Vocal-Synths. It has a good quality sound, easy mechanics, and is overall a solid piece of work!! https://dreamtonics.com/synthesizerv-gen1/en/download/

kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023 @959.84 »

Ideally Id like to be able to easily map a set of lyrics to a tune using a synthetic voice - possibly even playing the vocals like a musical instrument!

If this is still something you want to do, you'll either want Alter/Ego, SynthV, or OpenUtau.

Alter/Ego sounds like it's the closest to what you're looking for - you just plug in a midi keyboard, type in some lyrics, and play your keyboard to synthesize your vocal. It's considered retired right now so you're stuck with just one masculine and feminine english vocal and no hope for more.

SynthV and OpenUtau are more standard voice synths - you either take a pre-existing midi and/or draw notes in the editor, add some lyrics, and adjust stuff like pitch bend and tone to your liking. SynthV is the one I use and prefer, I find it doesn't have as much of a learning curve as Utau and I can get more realistic vocals. That being said, unless you feel like paying money for a voice bank your masculine vocal option is one (1) japanese vocal. OpenUtau is the open-source upgrade to Utau and it comes with some major QOL features like not needing your system to be set to the japanese locale. I have heard that sometimes english utau banks can get funky with their phonemes so please do research and mess around with the vocal you intend to use.

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I started a blog!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 1032
Last post May 16, 2022 @437.16
by Melooon
Are there any good resources on how to get started on C++?

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1147
Last post February 19, 2022 @957.49
by Melooon
I started a webring: Retroweb Ring

Started by BradEBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 2
Views: 1347
Last post June 27, 2022 @743.02
by BradE

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi