Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @649.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 25/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  [a pigeon appears on your forum]

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [a pigeon appears on your forum]  (Read 585 times)
rosatherad

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 20, 2023 @804.05 »

[the pigeon types a message for you]

Thank you for having me here! My name is Rosa, and it's my birthday today  :ha:  I'm 20 today, and I grew up using the internet, but for the past number of months I've grown very unsatisfied with it. Call it some sort of awakening. I realized, "this doesn't make me happy. I don't like this." Now, I'm too young to have experienced the old web, so I hold no nostalgia for it or its aesthetics- but I craved the parts of it that were pure, untainted expressions of humans being human (or unhuman!  :dog: ). All those months of knowing something was off, yet it was only this month that I made a breakthrough in my journey and discovered the indie web. That's how I landed here! My quest is far from over, I still have much to learn!

So, some things about me. I love birds! I especially love pigeons. They're my favouritest animal. I love art and nature. For me, creating art and living amongst nature are my most important innate desires. When I can fulfil those needs, I feel the most alive. It's an experience that is hard for me to describe.  :sad: One day I'll know the words to share my feelings. One day!

I'm slowly working on making a website of my very own, but I don't have anything to show for it as of yet. You can see my blank canvas, brimming with potential, at roost-of-rosa.neocities.org. I want my roost to be a big collection of all the different ideas and wonders I want to share with the web, from my (currently unwritten) fanfiction, to my ramen noodle recipe, to my art of my original characters, to my love of pigeons, to my gaming escapades, to links to other cool sites!! It will be so fun to build!!  :ha:

I look forward to having good discussions with you all! coo!
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023 @806.17 »

Welcome! I have never met anyone with their favourite animal being pigeons, I find that super neat! What started your journey into web revival? I can't wait to see your website grow!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

rosatherad

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023 @810.60 »

What started your journey into web revival?

Ahaha, well I have a pretty bad memory so I can't recall what started it! I just know for sure that I like "humanity" much more than the clean, lifeless, unfeeling crap that spawns from capitalism's mantra of squeezing every last penny out of as many things as possible.

Not that I'm big on politics! I don't care to know where exactly I fall on the political spectrum, and I don't worry about subscribing to any particular ideologies and following them to the letter. I just do what feels right to me.
zawieja
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Epic Cat AwardFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023 @860.60 »

I also actually love ornithology and pigeons a lot  :unite: to the point that one of my irl friends likes to point at random pigeons we pass by and say "look, that's your cousin". So welcome to the forums pigeon cousin! And happy birthday!  :dive:

Enjoy discovering the old web vibes, it's intersting that you ended up here while having no nostalgia associated with it, but hopefully it will be a fun experience.

─── °∘❉∘° ───

─── °∘❉∘° ───
corvidaegalaxy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

nonpsychotic 🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: corvidae

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023 @341.71 »

hihi, welcome! super awesome to meet you :) im also 20 and a huuuge fan of pigeons! birds in general are incredible and beautiful creatures to me, i am particularly fond of the corvidae and columbidae families! i'm also pretty new to my own indie web journey, it's been really nice honestly! :) i hope you enjoy your own journey!!!

Memory
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023 @479.59 »

I'm a day late but still: Happy Birthday Rosa! And welcome to the forum  :ozwomp:

I realized, "this doesn't make me happy. I don't like this."
I'm familiar with this sentiment all too well. At the very least, I'm glad you took action to remedy these feelings and I'm happy to see you here! The community is very welcoming and understanding here, and I think we've all (or most of!) hit a point like this before. I hope you can find a little more peace in this space.

Pigeons are so cute, I agree with you! It's funny, because usually when I tell people cows are my favourite animal their response is something along the lines of "how, they're so common?" and I feel like people might respond the same to pigeons. But there's something special in appreciating the common, I think. And besides, you get to see your favourite animal every day!

For me, creating art and living amongst nature are my most important innate desires. When I can fulfil those needs, I feel the most alive.
I also highly highly agree with this! I believe humans were put on Earth to have fun and be silly. Dance together and make art. Share bread and laughs. I hope this is the sentiment you mean, but I similarly feel best when I'm simply creating on this Earth!

I'm wishing you a lot of love and motivation on your website journey, and I hope you have fun here!!

◖ ⊹  ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ —  ࣪ ׅ୧ You got: Awhe's Welcome Pack!  :dive:  ୨⸼ – ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ  ⊹ ◗
- Small reminder that the forum closes every Monday. Do not be alarmed! We'll be back every Tuesday! Why? Click here!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi