Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @474.87 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx  (Read 5325 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: November 14, 2021 @627.84 »

Hello Web Traveler! WeLCOmE To ThE FoRuM!

You've had the good fortune of reaching the MelonLand Forum :grin:

This is a community for people interested in low tech & homebrew virtual worlds and websites. These include 3D games, virtual pets, multiplayer worlds, 2D games, text adventures, audio adventures, point and click websites and any other kind of digital space where the focus is on exploration, storytelling or adventure.

Have a read of "What is the Web Revival" to learn more about the philosophies we enjoy!

Why though?
In general the world today just seems boring; the web is overly corporate and profit focused, games companies just keep remaking the same games. There was something magical about early digital toys, tamagotchi and neopets and weird interfaces like Microsoft Bob. They were imperfect but that's what gave them character.

So often people feel stuck in moulds of how things should look or be done. I'd like this forum to be an act of defiance, to be a place that people can gather and do things differently, not because its bettor or worse, but just because they can be.

Rules, Etiquette and Guidelines
I feel quite strongly that world making and forum chatting should be a safe and fun hobby

The full MelonLand Guidelines/Rules are now hosted on the wiki here: https://wiki.melonland.net/guidelines please read them!

Melon's micro pledge - "Everyone who joins will get a personal welcome note; this forum will always be about friendly small community on a human scale."

There are also a few forum specific rules:
  • Please keep the forum casual but on-point and sort things into the appropriate sections.
  • Please don't post memes, in-jokes or use acronyms, particularly if it requires context/external knowledge to understand.
  • Please remember a forum is not a chatroom, posts should be a full sentence or more, avoid short posts!

This is an independent community, so we don't preemptively accuse or ban people based on external sources; we will try and judge situations fairly on a case by case basis!

If you feel someone is behaving badly on the forum or are unhappy with a situation, please PM/DM me or e-mail webmaster@melonking.net right away!

What should I do now!!??
If you want to see some virtual worlds, visit the showcase or click one of the world portals at the top of the page!
When you are ready to try making worlds head over to one of the tutorial sections for help and guides!

There are also sections for more social discussion of games, art, music, the wider internet and webdesign in general, feel free to post your work and be sure to leave some nice replies on other peoples work!

AND if you are new to web forums, you may want to take a look at this short guide.
Finally you can introduce yourself and read about other members here!

Newsletter!
I also send out a newsletter once a month with cool links, melonland updates and some of my favorate forum threads, if you like you can subscribe to it here!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023 @994.58 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20459
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3298
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 3672
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi