Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @61.33 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 939.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  WITHERED WORLDS: a worldbuilding project

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WITHERED WORLDS: a worldbuilding project  (Read 285 times)
bugholder's epiphany
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 06, 2024 @837.77 »

Hi it's been a while!
So no longer am i thesolitarygamer first of all, though you can still call me that if you wish. I have opted to go by the username of BUGHOLDER'S EPIPHANY.
I've been busy with stuff creative-wise, and it's been culminating in this project i would like to call WITHERED WORLDS!
https://www.worldanvil.com/w/withered-worlds-bugholders-epiphany

I've been pouring a lot of time and energy into the creation of this project :) I even used a texture or two from texturetown for this, actually!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024 @844.03 by bugholder's epiphany » Logged
VelvetSoul
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Till the moon may fall, and the sun may die.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

A cat for good luck!Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024 @862.63 »

This is rad! I've only just started reading Withered Worlds, but I'm already really into it. I actually had a similar project I was working on a while back and this has got me feeling really inspired to maybe take this sort of an approach with it in the future. But hey this isn't about me, so let me get back on track; the presentation here is some 10/10 stuff! I absolutely adore the soundtrack you accompany the articles with; the fact it seems like you made the music for it yourself is all the better. I'm a huge fan of tone setting with music and such like that, it can help me understand exactly what sort of mood or mindset I'm meant to be in while reading.

Not going to lie, I have really only just scratched the surface of this whole thing you've got going on here, but I think it would be sick to see a TTRPG or something set in this world. Never the less, I'm looking forward to actually getting to sit down and read through all of this.

Great stuff! d=( ̄▽ ̄)b
Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: kolo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2024 @919.12 »

This is amazing! I'm also really impressed by your ability to wrangle WorldAnvil's layout into something really readable and pleasant to tab through. Such amazing presentation and fascinating lore! On the introduction page, the description of what happened to Strakh really gripped me, so I'm really excited to see that get written up. The Ragnarok Vault is legitimately disconcerting - both the buildup to it and the intensity of its depiction. Do you have a link to the world's RSS feed?

(I did find a small typo - in Sheol's first description on the Withering page, it's spelled Shoel at one point!)

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ there is a dream world many miles inside me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ and i go there when i can ... many miles haunting me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
bugholder's epiphany
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024 @996.44 »

This is rad! I've only just started reading Withered Worlds, but I'm already really into it. I actually had a similar project I was working on a while back and this has got me feeling really inspired to maybe take this sort of an approach with it in the future. But hey this isn't about me, so let me get back on track; the presentation here is some 10/10 stuff! I absolutely adore the soundtrack you accompany the articles with; the fact it seems like you made the music for it yourself is all the better. I'm a huge fan of tone setting with music and such like that, it can help me understand exactly what sort of mood or mindset I'm meant to be in while reading.

Thank you so much :D I had spent a lot of time trying to get the presentation down pat, so I'm glad it's turning out well :) Also, yeah, I made the music for it, I'm not exactly experienced with Music Theory or anything but i wanted to make music that felt fitting for what I was going for that you'd be hard-pressed to find anywhere else.

(Also if you work on that project i would like to see it :) )

Not going to lie, I have really only just scratched the surface of this whole thing you've got going on here, but I think it would be sick to see a TTRPG or something set in this world. Never the less, I'm looking forward to actually getting to sit down and read through all of this.

Honestly might consider making a TTRPG of it in the future, when i've written out a lot more of it all. I'm thinking something using Fudge, honestly, keep it loose and wild and good for storytelling.

This is amazing! I'm also really impressed by your ability to wrangle WorldAnvil's layout into something really readable and pleasant to tab through. Such amazing presentation and fascinating lore! On the introduction page, the description of what happened to Strakh really gripped me, so I'm really excited to see that get written up. The Ragnarok Vault is legitimately disconcerting - both the buildup to it and the intensity of its depiction. Do you have a link to the world's RSS feed?

(I did find a small typo - in Sheol's first description on the Withering page, it's spelled Shoel at one point!)

Oh i'm so excited to write about Strakh, that'll be one of my favoritres to do. Also glad that the stuff about the Ragnarok Vault and it's effects on the world were a wonderful read! Oh, and here's the RSS feed! Hopefully it works, eheh.

(also nice catch on the spelling mistake, thankyou!)
Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: kolo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024 @112.73 »

Thanks so much! It looks great in my feed reader, and I'm excited to see more articles!!

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ there is a dream world many miles inside me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ and i go there when i can ... many miles haunting me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2024 @645.98 »

Wow this is so cool, the blend of pixel art and early web look is such a great combo. Interesting storytelling technique too, makes it really easy and fun for me to want to explore the site  :pc:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Virtual worlds: where the heck do I start?

Started by MemoryBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 5
Views: 2362
Last post June 08, 2023 @27.16
by Melooon
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 2218
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
My new side project: status.cafe

Started by m15oBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 28
Views: 6095
Last post August 07, 2024 @54.83
by QuesadillaWizard

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi