Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @431.88 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  interesting/unconventional things you listen to while doing things

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: interesting/unconventional things you listen to while doing things  (Read 243 times)
soapfriendo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

soap, it/they

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: soapfriendo

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 08, 2024 @437.05 »

when ppl think of stuff you listen to while doing other stuff, what usually comes to mind is things like music, podcasts, and audiobooks, but i was wondering what stuff y'all enjoy listening to that's less conventional, whether it be tv shows/movies, youtube videos, or whatever

for me personally, i'm a huge sucker for archived streams in the sense that i listen to them like they're podcasts, these usually tend to be vinny streams of games i've already played or am not interested in playing, and it's extra good when he just kinda talks abt stuff. the twilight princess streams are a favorite of mine, and are a huge recommendation if u listen to that kinda stuff

ConnorTheVGFan78
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Can't let you do that, Star Fox!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: connorthevgfan78
iMood: connorthevgfan78
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2024 @473.15 »

I usually find myself either having  :pc: Tech-related YouTube videos :pc:  (usually from people like LGR or Linus Tech Tips) or game review videos (been watching a lot of Ross's Game Dungeon recently) in the background.

Another thing I listen to occasionally is English-Language Japanese TV. I discovered that one of my local TV stations simulcasts NHK World sometimes, and I'll usually end up listening to whatever they have on (whether it be the hourly news, travel shows, sumo wrestling highlights, or their documentaries). They used to air this one sitcom I loved watching called Home Sweet Tokyo about this British guy adjusting to life in Japan, but as far as I'm concerned that show's lost media now since NHK removed it from their website. :sad:

Connor was here!!!
:4u: Have a nice day :4u:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2024 @628.26 »

I quite like putting on cassettes of albums or old radio recordings, since its an opportunity to listen all the way through without wanting to skip, and the 90 min limit is a good reminder to take a break!

Another one I do I lot is put on music from the Mod Archive; often its really bad, but occasionally there are some real gems that I've used on my site.

For radio shows; I put on WFMU in the background a lot while I'm working (its also where most of my song of the day posts come from), and apparently my mum does the same since occasionally she will text "there's a great show on!" and I'll text back "I know I'm listening!"  :tongue: Also also I do in fact use the forum radio sometimes ~ particularly if I'm writing since its kinda mindless and its not intrusive, but it sets you in a good mood.

Also also aslo, tho prob not super uncommon; I often have StarTrek TNG on, since it hits a sweet spot of being relaxed and creating a nice vibe, plus Iv seen it so many times that I don't need to know the plots anymore!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
bedman
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: bedman

View Profile WWW

Actually a Bed(man)Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2024 @709.41 »

when im not exactly in the mood for music or whatever, i like to turn on the radio on my tape player and listen to local channels, they have this really good jazz station. also, if i've been playing a game on my 3ds for too long and i kind of tap out, i will leave it open if i like the music and just listen to it from there xD happens a lot in games like animal crossing and project mirai dx, since it has the music player option...

but your post inspired me! ill give NHK a shot, because i need to listen to it anyways for class xD it sounds like a good way to better learn the language, and also get up to date on current events... the elections are actually pretty interesting this time around i think! at least from what my classmates have told me, since theyre from japan they know a lot... a couple years ago i did actually have a phase where i listened to japanese podcasts and talk shows while i drew things lol!

the tiger never slumbers, if you dont feed him a cracker...:dive:
bedman
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: bedman

View Profile WWW

Actually a Bed(man)Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2024 @713.15 »

I quite like putting on cassettes of albums or old radio recordings, since its an opportunity to listen all the way through without wanting to skip, and the 90 min limit is a good reminder to take a break!

Another one I do I lot is put on music from the Mod Archive; often its really bad, but occasionally there are some real gems that I've used on my site.

For radio shows; I put on WFMU in the background a lot while I'm working (its also where most of my song of the day posts come from), and apparently my mum does the same since occasionally she will text "there's a great show on!" and I'll text back "I know I'm listening!"  :tongue: Also also I do in fact use the forum radio sometimes ~ particularly if I'm writing since its kinda mindless and its not intrusive, but it sets you in a good mood.

Also also aslo, tho prob not super uncommon; I often have StarTrek TNG on, since it hits a sweet spot of being relaxed and creating a nice vibe, plus Iv seen it so many times that I don't need to know the plots anymore!

a bit off topic but i think thats so sweet that youre close to your mom like that!! it warmed my heart to read that this morning lol. ill have to give wfmu a try ! maybe i can get my mom into it too  :4u:

the tiger never slumbers, if you dont feed him a cracker...:dive:
imnotjahan
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Possibly Jahan, Perhaps. No One Knows.Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2024 @762.63 »

I don't think it's too unusual, but sometimes whilst working I like to listen to rain or static. Something interesting my friend sent me once was war ambience, not really my style though.

Only to live, to live and live! Life, whatever it may be!
pysgodyn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Riddle me this...

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: pysgodyn
iMood: pysgodyn

View Profile WWW

Bat-FanJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2024 @845.60 »

I feel like for so long I used to put on random YouTube videos and let them autoplay for hours which just takes you down a path of the most random videos. I feel like it was just background noise I didn't pay attention too. I started putting on TV shows I've wanted to watch for a long time but never had the attention span to just sit there and watch, usually from the Internet Archive and sometimes I find entire shows condensed into one video on YouTube. This has inspired me to watch game streams now though.

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Happy Birthday 2k24 !bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2024 @69.91 »

I like to put on a vinyl record or one of my mixtapes while working. They keep my brain active and my imagination flowing, though they can sometimes get in the way for if I need to think of solutions to a bug in my games, for example.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
halcybutton
Jr. Member ⚓︎

i may be cringe but i am free

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: halcybutton
iMood: halcybutton

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2024 @273.36 »

i usually end up putting on kitchen nightmares reruns or stream vods (typically jerma but there are others i watch from time to time) whenever i am doing work in my room or on my pc, but if in other places i usually put in headphones and listen to music. when i draw i put on horror type videos from people like nexpo or scary interesting on youtube. not sure why really, just a habit i have recently developed

HALCYON 
it/he/ey - EST
Loebas
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2024 @610.06 »

When i'm working, or on a roadtrip i tend to listen to old Kmart radio tapes. Its a collection of digitized tapes that played in all kmart stores from 1989 to 1992.
As someone form the Netherlands i really enjoy all the tapes, including all the adverts.
You can find all the tapes (and more) on the internet archive.

second i also listen to various signalwave albums. Some of my favorites are
Vendredi - Canal+
Lotto - kratzwerk
Discovered the genre through Youtube.

As a bonus, i also listen to Evan Doorbell. He has a great collection of tapes where he explains how the old telephone system in the US worked. He has also some tapes about AM radio back in the day.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what are you listening to right now?

Started by ArbyBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 305
Views: 27899
Last post September 29, 2024 @979.06
by littlesecret
Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which one(s)?

Started by KariusBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 35
Views: 5351
Last post August 17, 2024 @508.22
by caracalled
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 60
Views: 8623
Last post September 07, 2024 @193.80
by halcybutton

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi