Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @134.49
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :wizard: You can make anything on the web! :wizard: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  © ∙ Music
| | |-+  your first album


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed
Author Topic: your first album  (Read 9909 times)
Audball
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


WOE BE TO THOSE WHO SEE!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
iMood: audball

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: Summer, 28 Aug 2024 @698 » Toggle Font Embed

I was late to the party when it comes to buying music for myself.  :ohdear: Was almost out of high-school entirely. Before that I'd just wait for gift-giving holidays and put albums I wanted on my lists.

The first album I remember buying for myself was The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse on CD!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/MMLonesomeCrowdedWest.jpg

Back in high-school there was a locally owned music shop within walking distance of my house. Me and my best friend at the time both lived on the same street, so we'd walk up there and browse, and one day I saw this album and decided to pick it up since I (finally) had some spending money!

Before this album my experience with Modest Mouse was basically their "newer" stuff (though nowadays even that is considered old I think :ohdear: ), like the album We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank, which sounds a lot different from The Lonesome Crowded West. This album sounds a lot more rough around the edges (by design not necessarily a drop in quality) compared to their newer stuff. Also their newer stuff has a bit of a....nautical tinge to it? that is absent from TLCW.

A GREAT album, still my favorite from them to this day.

Logged

~~~"On some nights, nights when it is very quiet,
and we feel as if no one is watching, we breathe life back
into what we once had and sometimes those bones stand right up,
walk around, and dance for just a bit."~~~
~Adam Gnade, After Tonight, Everything Will Be Different
https://audball.neocities.org/signature2.gif
~~~"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."~~~
~Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse Five
Eunice
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Behind every great woman there is a cat.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: Summer, 28 Aug 2024 @837 » Embed

My first album, or LP, was "Portrait of Donny". Donny Osmond of course. I actually wanted a T-Rex album or something with David Cassidy. But my mother said I had to buy one that my sister could listen to, and she didn't approve of T-Rex. sigh. That was 1972, so I would be 11 at the time.

Logged
greyskieshappymind
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


We can make fire
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Lego Bionicle !Joined 2024!
« Reply #32 on: Summer, 29 Aug 2024 @493 » Toggle Font Embed

It was 2014 and I was content with listening to dubstep in a YouTube window, but I did get a JB Hi-Fi giftcard for my birthday. There's not a lot you can get there with just $20 so by process of elimination I decided I wanted a CD and looked up all of my favourite artists that I had discovered through DubstepGutter, but none of them had CDs. Except for the Bangarang EP by Skrillex. So I went with my dad and bought it along with the 2010 Alien vs Predator pc game. Which I still haven't played...

Anyways my fave track is Kyoto feat. SIRAH

Logged

"You're limiting the universe to only things humans can understand."
"Well you're limiting the universe by limiting the possibility of human understanding."
"Oh yeah... maybe."
- Over the Garden Wall, episode 9, 06:50-06:59

Artifact Swap: eyntivemds pet fishAwful Posts Pacman
tanuki
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


Surfing the Web
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tanuki
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: tanuki
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanCubone, I Choose You!Joined 2024!
« Reply #33 on: Autumn, 24 Oct 2024 @879 » Embed

I remember a couple of the first albums I ever got were two Green Day CDs from my Grandma. The first one that I bought with my own money was Green Day American Idiot.

I have been buying a few Vinyl Records for albums/bands that I really love but it can get expensive so I'm also trying to start collecting CDs again - buying up a bunch of used ones online.

Logged
efgerter
Newbie
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #34 on: Autumn, 20 Nov 2024 @517 » Embed

The first album that i ever bought was The Green album by weezer, Its an really great album :D

Logged
dotmidi
Hero Member
*****
View Profile WWWArt


manly men can doll, too!
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Happy ShoesGift of CubesealVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!ビートルさんPolyamorousMooshroom Spawn Egg
« Reply #35 on: Winter, 04 Dec 2024 @713 » Toggle Font Embed

what was your first album that you bought for yourself? how old were you, and what format was it on?
I had to physically walk over to my collection and  Look :eyes:  because I have no clue.. I think it really could have been Muse was the first album I bought physically and I am not even a fan of Muse. It's still a good album but it's not like their best
 :tongue: My most recent is a vinyl of The Cure and I still desperately need to hear A Forest with new ears now

Thee first I remember buying myself was Day & Age by the Killers - its a lil basic, but its still a solid album and its still on my iPod and enjoyed from time to time  :grin: I remember singing Human with firends in woodshop! I also think Dustland Fairyland was a pretty influential song for me.
The Killers is one of those very basic bands that I will gladly take to heart, I used to listen to them way too much as a troubled pre-teen to the point I can't help but find comfort in their music years later  :ok:

First album I bought myself?

A couple of months ago I picked up a cd of The Life Pursuit by Belle and Sebastian from a vintage sale
Real good choice! I think.. I will admit, I've only heard like two of their songs but I love their sound



Logged


Artifact Swap: DazzlerOrange Tulip
skiptomy.lou
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: alj8902
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #36 on: Spring, 05 Mar 2025 @273 » Embed

Before I became a nearly all-rounded hip-hop/R&B fan, it was sometimes contemporary gospel music when I was a kid, minus all surrounding controversy. Getting to the positive side, I'm guessing The Rebirth of Kirk Franklin was one of my first CDs I copped.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71ougyp4CNL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Logged
angelhanachi
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


making nu metal in 14/4 time cuz I'm bored
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
PicMix: angel_hanachi

Artifacts:
Ribbon of FriendshipJoined 2025!
« Reply #37 on: Spring, 07 Mar 2025 @814 » Toggle Font Embed

Definitely dating myself here.

HEY.

Painkiller goes hard, you're not that old, just highly cultured :dot:

Logged

BE KIND TO PEOPLE WHO TRY TO PISS YOU OFF
https://yumekawahanachi.neocities.org/dissectbunny/scissors.pnghttps://yumekawahanachi.neocities.org/dissectbunny/thread.pnghttps://yumekawahanachi.neocities.org/button.gifhttps://yumekawahanachi.neocities.org/dissectbunny/bandageroll.pnghttps://yumekawahanachi.neocities.org/dissectbunny/bandaidbox.png
SCARE THE SHIT OUTTA THEM NOW
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe