Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @433.51 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 66/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  your first album

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: your first album  (Read 1217 times)
zanarkand
Jr. Member ⚓︎

october | they/them

iMood: mintyorca
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 25, 2023 @684.65 »

what was your first album that you bought for yourself? how old were you, and what format was it on?

my first album that i bought was Fallen by Evanescence. my fifth grade teacher used to play the album during down time in class and my little friends and i became enamored. i bought the CD with birthday money! i was blossoming into a very moody mall goth middle schooler and this album was certainly a gateway XD i remember drawing anime girls with big bloody swords and lolita outifts in my room to the album on a loop, it was a very formative time.

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023 @694.88 »

Mine was Let Go by Avril Lavigne and I was about 6 years old. It's still a fave of mine and I wanted to be her so bad when I grow up! :ha:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
zanarkand
Jr. Member ⚓︎

october | they/them

iMood: mintyorca
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023 @696.57 »

Mine was Let Go by Avril Lavigne and I was about 6 years old. It's still a fave of mine and I wanted to be her so bad when I grow up! :ha:

i love that!!! what an iconic album <3 i have a great memory of a birthday party of mine where someone brought the CD for us to listen to and we all excitedly crowded around my mom's PC to listen XD

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023 @696.82 »

I think it was Ocean Eyes (Deluxe Edition) by Owl City but I'm not sure.

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023 @697.67 »

Definitely dating myself here. I'm listing three because I had gotten them in the same trip. I got my copy of Painkiller new, but the others were secondhand.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023 @873.80 »

It was Enter The 36 Chambers by Wu Tang Clan, I still actually have the vinyl sitting on my shelf! It costed me so much but I felt so mature and cool owning it  :omg:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

mouseboy

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2023 @991.32 »

Either (linking my favourite songs from both) View-Monster by Lemon Demon when I was fourteen, or RAGNAROK by Souiumono when I was fifteen. I'm a very specific type of person lol.

Bart of the Clown Lands
Casual Poster ⚓︎

stinker

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2023 @138.85 »

Heck yeah Evanescence! Didn't really liked the music much but probably had fat crush on Amy Lee so i took all my lunch savings and bought this one😭 I was like 13...
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023 @798.97 »

probably had fat crush on Amy Lee

Nothing wrong with that, but Sarah Brightman and Tarja Turunen were more my type. I hadn't noticed Amy Lee or Evanescence until recently, when I was mostly past my "crushing on gothalicious rock vocalists" phase.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
erikhoudini

blunts by day, blunts by night

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2023 @901.26 »

System of A Down - Toxicity, when I was like 12.

It's not that shocking I run a leftist blog now haha!

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2023 @132.34 »

I'm a huge fan of Pink Floyd (as you could probably tell by my signature) and a lot of that attachment comes from them being the first band I ever really listened to intently and became a fan of. I went through their entire discography in order, so I guess that would make Piper at the Gates of Dawn my first album~

petered0ut

wOah

iMood: _petered0ut_

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2024 @934.55 »

what was your first album that you bought for yourself? how old were you, and what format was it on?

my first album that i bought was Fallen by Evanescence. my fifth grade teacher used to play the album during down time in class and my little friends and i became enamored. i bought the CD with birthday money! i was blossoming into a very moody mall goth middle schooler and this album was certainly a gateway XD i remember drawing anime girls with big bloody swords and lolita outifts in my room to the album on a loop, it was a very formative time.

i think(?) it was Purple Rain by Prince on vinyl. i'm a bit newer to buying vinyls and cds and such so this wasn't that long ago, about 5 or 6 years ago haha. I was either 14 or 15 most likely. that was around the time i started getting really into older music, mainly from the 80s, which in turn has informed much of my current music tastes. Purple Rain was a must have  :grin:

"my galaxy is spinning towards the future" -bill wurtz
schiavona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Let's get real weird with it!

StatusCafe: schiavona
iMood: schiavona

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2024 @142.75 »

I can't remember exactly when it was, just that it was some time in the late 2000s, but the first CD I bought for myself was Blind Guardian's "Tales From the Twilight World". Weird that the Virgin Records store at what is now Disney Springs would have a European Power Metal album from 1990 in stock, but hey I'm not going to argue. I listened to that CD pretty much all through high school, kind of a shame that I lost it though.

<>|==================> Oh look I found my cool sword!
MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎

{this personal text box intentionally left blank}

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2024 @103.73 »

I think the first album I ever bought was Cheese on Breads The One Who Wanted More. I heard their first album after buying it at a thrift store and by some freak coincidence they were coming out with a new one for the first time in years! I bought it right when it came out, and I listened to it all through high school. I may have bought a parry gripp album when I was very young, but this was the first thing I bought that I sought out.

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
foxmosis
Casual Poster

thought about making my name on here twofrogs but

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2024 @750.97 »

Fall Out Boy's Folie à Deux!  I was at the mall and trying to pass the time while I waited for a friend to arrive so I walked into a Hot Topic and bought it on a whim because I liked the cover.  It made me a fan of the band, right before they'd go on hiatus, but also it's what got me into music so I'll always have a soft spot for it.  also apparently it didn't get the warmest reception on release but has gone on to be the fan favorite so that's a validating feeling lol

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what song/album reminds you of summer?

Started by pancitoBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 2412
Last post February 24, 2023 @530.19
by Guest
Parody songs/albums you listen to like they're normal

Started by GuestBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 1
Views: 573
Last post November 21, 2022 @959.87
by Oppositekeith
What was the last album you purchased/listened to/got in the mail?

Started by DiamondPetalsBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 20
Views: 1376
Last post March 16, 2023 @805.50
by debleb

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi