Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @88.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 912.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  Do you sing/play any instruments or have been in a band?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do you sing/play any instruments or have been in a band?  (Read 1707 times)
tambourine
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2023 @66.35 »

I play the viola! I don't necessarily think I'm great at it, but I love playing it nonetheless : 3

thats so cool ! 
Audball
Casual Poster ⚓︎

WOE BE TO THOSE WHO SEE!!!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: audball

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2023 @736.24 »

I play a little bit of guitar! Started taking lessons WAAAY back in middle school, but back then I never practiced. Despite going to lessons weekly for like 6ish years, I was on the same level as someone who actually did practice for about a few months.  :ohdear:

Sometime about two years ago though I decided to pick it back up because I was desperate for a hobby. I've definitely gotten better! Still nothing to shake a stick at though, but that's okay!

Any other instrument I "play" is more a means to an end. If I'm working on a song that I think should have some piano in it, I usually am able to throw together something, but in reality I actually have no idea what I'm doing and have no formal training with it.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." ~Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse Five
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2023 @670.50 »

I've never genuinely been in a band and I'm hardly even a solo artist since none of my songs have actually been recorded fully yet despite being written already, but I thoroughly enjoy singing. I'd usually sing while playing guitar in the past, but I haven't felt a need to practice guitar much lately since just the act of singing alone during my free time has been satisfactory enough.

.. I do still play an instrument, though. I've been improvising more on the synthesizer I got on Christmas since the act of forcing myself to use that part of my brain drains me enough to help with insomnia. Kind of like what exercise is supposed to do for some people. It might've been a bad idea to do this in the middle of the day since I'm a little sleepy now, but this is an example:

It may be easy to tell that it wasn't planned beforehand with how inconsistent the tempo is throughout and how much I "test the waters".

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Memory
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2023 @650.65 »

I've always loved singing and I've been told I have a nice voice, however, I've always been incredibly self-conscious about it. Hopefully sometime in the near future I'll be able to take some voice lessons to refine what I've got and give myself a little bit of much-needed confidence.

My fiance is a musician (the apartment is littered with guitars), and we'd really like to collaborate in the future. It's a work in progress though.

As for me and instruments, I've always been interested in playing guitar but never got very far with it. Maybe now's my chance. I did used to play the ukulele, mandolin (an heirloom from my great-grandfather), and mountain dulcimer. Never played in front of anyone but folk instruments are kind of my jam I suppose haha
jjharley
Newbie ⚓︎

When faced with a blank index.html - blog.

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: jjharley
iMood: jjharley
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2023 @803.50 »

I’m a six-string guitar player! I’ve been in a few short lived bands so far, but I play in some form every single day and regularly attend solo open mics, I also write originals. I never had any proper guitar or singing training, I just figured it out by watching and speaking with other players, most people improve at singing with a few pointers after lots of practice - that was the case with me. Not perfect but can hold a tune and I get loads of compliments about my singing, so I must be doing something right!  :grin:

— Joe

"When faced with a blank index.html - blog.

-- Me, 2022

"With great power, comes great responsibility..."

-- Uncle Ben, Spiderman (2002)
malice
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Perfect Weather For Some Tea And Making ArtFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2023 @871.91 »

i sing and play a little guitar and i'm currently trying to get a band together with a friend of mine :3c

we're thinking maybe a gothic/symphonic metal type thing. or maybe we'll become the world's first symphonic nu metal band haha! not sure how that would work at all though, but the possibilities are endless...

any/all + ev/eva ae/aer
glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2023 @25.20 »

I love music! I have played a lot of instruments but right now i am most focused on handbells and bass and singing. (though I still have a great love for the saxophone i have not played in years) and my various weird little found sound things im playing around with. my favourite instrument right now might actually be those juice bottle caps that pop when they are first opened, and make a loud clicking noise when you press on them!! I also love the beeping noises I find on public transit and that sound that street lights make, though those are harder to "play" as you don't have as much control over the sounds the actual objects make without being very disruptive. but my phone is full of audio recordings of every random little sound I find. I love them so much!!

I want to make a very-handbell centred band, but i am very not ready for everything that entails right now. someday, hopefully, but right now being in a band scares me. there's so many things involved with that.

I also found a weird old organ at a thrift store for really cheap recently and I have been wanting to play around with that too.

pigeonally I believe that everyone can play an instrument. do you have a body? do you have a voice? can you bang two things together, can you apreciate the noises around you? then making music is for you, too. doesn't have to be good (I am much much worse at taking my own advice when it comes to this, even though i know it's true) i think we need to stop seeing music as a thing just for musicians, and instead a thing for everyone. more people should sing off-key, more people should clap slightly off-beat. be wonky, be enthusiastic, be genuine. art feeds your soul, we can't have a good world in which people are scared to, or cannot make art.

birds are built to sing and we know that, you have that inherent ability to make noise built into you, somewhere. it's different fro everyone, but no doubt it is there. if you weren't supposed to make music why are you holding a guitar, why does noise come out of your mouth? if you weren't meant to make art why are you holding a pencil?

pigeons will save the world!!!
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2023 @109.09 »

I play the piano!

I mostly play the bass these days

I play the viola!

I play all three, poorly. I used to be a good enough violist to not only play in my schools' orchestras but play as "first chair", but I had given it up in college for lack of time, support, and encouragement. I used to be able to play a lot of heavy metal songs on it by ear, transposing as needed. Mainly melodic stuff, though.

I had also picked up the bass guitar and piano in high school. The former because my brother had gotten a guitar and dreamed of starting a punk rock band, and even a viola plugged into an amp with distortion cranked to max isn't "punk rock". I ended up playing bass in my high school jazz band, and I had picked up the rudiments of piano for a music theory elective.

I've picked up all three instruments again in my forties. I don't expect to ever record or perform in public, but my wife of twenty years likes to listen to me play even though I'm currently butchering the piano parts to songs like "Flaming Telepaths" and "Astronomy" by the Blue Öyster Cult or classic Iron Maiden bass lines. And I can't quite get the hang of Malmsteen on a viola.

I used to sing tenor in my school choir, as well. I couldn't quite get up as high as Rob Halford or Bruce Dickinson, but I could get close.

And I use my musical knowledge in my writing; many of my major characters are musicians, and one of my protagonist's struggles involves balancing his rather perilous day job with his responsibilities as part of a neo-Romantic power trio called Crowley's Thoth. He plays guitar, another member plays violin, and the third sings and plays keyboards. They do literary (and pretentious, according to many critics) rock operas and pad out their live shows with public domain covers.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what game do u want to play but havent yet?

Started by 2010Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 67
Views: 7944
Last post September 07, 2024 @89.94
by nuclearblues
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 60
Views: 8286
Last post September 07, 2024 @193.80
by halcybutton
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by MemoryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 61
Views: 6867
Last post Today at @10.50
by garystu

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi