Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @95.16 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 19/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 905.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  your favorite videogame monsters/enemies?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: your favorite videogame monsters/enemies?  (Read 190 times)
soapfriendo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

soap, it/they

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: soapfriendo

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 08, 2024 @221.55 »

i thought it wld be pretty cool to ask ppl to show off their favorite videogame enemies, bcos even if they're a dick to deal with there are still a lotta rly good ones out there, so here's some rainworld beasts to start off with

lizards are my favorite predators in the game, their diversity in types and their general gangliness is just rly appealing to me. my faves consist of yellows, which travel in packs and communicate telepathically, cyans, which can jump around n stuff, and eels, which are aquatic. have no back pair of legs, and are exclusive to the downpour dlc

scavengers, while not enemies and more so just creatures that'll aggro you if your rep with them is low, are also a HUGE fave of mine

ultrakill's another game i've taken interest in as of recent, it's enemies vary from eldritch monsters to lil robot guys, and i've taken a lotta interest in mindflayers and streetcleaners

this game is significantly more obscure than the last two mentioned, but considering i'm a sucker for weird obscure things i might as well talk abt it. volfoss is a trpg on the psx that was never released outside of japan and the big thing abt this game was that character design legend yasushi nirasawa designed it's characters and enemies. i have never actually played this game despite being in possession of a rom of it, but considering who designed it's characters, i'm kinda obsessed with these guys

candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2024 @547.35 »

Rain world has some incredibly cute characters, tho it's way too hard for me to play..

Ultrakill and the other one there I personally dont love a ton but they look pretty cool :D

i really really like videogame slimes (and bugs)

second attachment i drew

* B0948B04-609E-488D-9546-2565428E2D03.png (0.74 kB, 36x37 - viewed 57 times.)

* 6430DC1F-C5E6-429A-AB14-F8A31279ED2D.gif (67.03 kB, 512x512 - viewed 6 times.)

* CF093675-931A-457D-B3CC-792E4814CEAC.gif (16 kB, 512x512 - viewed 4 times.)

* 76D609EC-9440-4345-A17E-894FD261655E.png (38.51 kB, 2284x573 - viewed 4 times.)

new to oldnet be nice

Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2024 @640.81 »

Wow these are all really cool, especially digging the Ultrakill ones.

A lot of my favorites are from Digimon personally, as a kid I never really liked the designs cause I felt they were "over-designed", but now as I get older, I understand that that is part of the appeal. Raremon, Angewomon and Breakdramon are some of my faves. As I grow older, I dare say I might even like Digimon designs more overall than Pokemon designs.

If we're talking more obscure, Magic Pengel and Graffiti Kingdom both have some of my favorite designs too. They're great games too.

Bone-A Lisa
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Feelin' Spooky

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: bonealisa
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2024 @653.53 »

I definitely have to plug my #1 game of all time for this one. Shadow of The Colossus has such cool enemy design IMO. Considering that the colossus is essentially one giant platforming puzzle that's trying to kill you, a lot of them have really interesting design choices. I really like the style choice to mix a lot of carved stone into their design, it makes them feel like a living, breathing building. As a kid I ate it UP lol.

Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2024 @777.04 »

I definitely have to plug my #1 game of all time for this one. Shadow of The Colossus
So true, LOVE Dirge (X) and Basaran (IX)

Bone-A Lisa
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Feelin' Spooky

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: bonealisa
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2024 @796.03 »

So true, LOVE Dirge (X) and Basaran (IX)

Yea those are some really good ones! Dirge was especially freaky to me as a kid with their eyes popping out as it chases you. I think Phalanx is my personal favorite though.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 17
Views: 4425
Last post August 03, 2024 @166.93
by candycanearter07
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1965
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni
Favorite Plunderphonics?

Started by nsequeira119Board © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 3
Views: 1080
Last post October 25, 2022 @343.60
by Oppositekeith

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi