Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @399.58 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hello from skissors~

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hello from skissors~  (Read 345 times)
skissors
Newbie ⚓︎

your virtual petz pal

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: skissors
iMood: oodlecat

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: April 23, 2024 @703.17 »

Hello everyone! I'm skissors, though I also go by oodlecat on some services (I use skissors as my name, but oodlecat as my brand/game studio/whatever, if that makes sense lol). I'm a 20-something programmer who is totally disillusioned with the modern web and totally in love with the web revival movement.

I've been a netizen for a long time at this point. Some of my oldest memories are of playing games on the old windows 95 PC in the basement. However my true internet story begins in 2003, when I got a copy of Dogz 4 for Christmas. When I tried to install the game in on our new Windows XP computer there was bug that made the game crash. My mom googled the issue which led to me discovering the world of Petz fansites, and from there I was hooked. It was through the Petz fandom I learned how to use computers, the internet, forums, graphics editing, the works. For me, the Petz games and the old web are always going to be inextricably linked.

Sadly being an adult means I don't have as much time to spend online as I would like, but there is something about making websites and surfing the world wide web that brings me a type of joy that I can't find anywhere else. And now that the indie web is back, I'm no longer a lone archeologist, sifting through the remnant of pages and people long gone, wishing that I could have been there during their prime. The old times have returned, under construction gifs are not doomed to stay, and I can actually reach out to these people and make those genuine human connections that seem to be rarer and rarer these days.

Previously I've tried to join Discords and things, but they move too fast and I find it too hard to keep up. This community seems like a much better fit, and I look forward to chatting with all of you! If you like Petz, cozy video games, musicals, fiber arts, youtube video essays, the old web, or just want someone to talk to in general feel free to reach out, I'm always looking to make new friends <3 I can't promise I'll always be able to respond right away but I will try my best.

bees
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024 @730.71 »

Hi, welcome! It's good to see your site again, I just remembered I need to send you updated links for the mascots page as I've been restructing my online presence and ended up taking down both Raffles's site and my regular petzy one as I try to get everything in one place  :ok: Anyway, it's awesome that you're here!

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024 @770.57 »

Heyyyy ! Welcome to the MelonLand forum ! Sounds like a solid mom that knew how to google an issue !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi