Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 22, 2024 - @309.53 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 33/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 691.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  [SOLVED] My Website takes forever to load on phone!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [SOLVED] My Website takes forever to load on phone!  (Read 370 times)
OneMillionFurries
Full Member ⚓︎

Gettin silly with it

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

specimenThanks for being rad!:0 its one million furriesFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 05, 2024 @54.19 »

This is driving me insane.

For a while now my website has taken a while to load on my phone and have absolutely no clue why! It use to just take a minute or so, but now it's just refusing to load all together. Even more confusingly, when I'm using my mobile data it likes to load, but when I'm on wifi it doesn't! I have absolutely no clue what's going on and it's driving me up a wall.

I just tested it on my husbands phone and it worked immediately!? Huh!?!? We are both using android phones with firefox, though his phone is considerably worse than mine.

I have no clue on what's going on. Helpe.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024 @767.15 by OneMillionFurries » Logged

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2024 @388.66 »

Can confirm that your page takes forever to load here with Firefox (and then shows a warning about https being not available; trying to reload it without https produces a timeout), while other pages load normally. Chrome loads your page instantly. Do you use different browsers on yours your husbands phone?

Unfortunately, I can not tell you what causes this. My guess would be something in the server configuration.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024 @391.12 by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2024 @552.57 »

Can confirm that your page takes forever to load here with Firefox
It loads pretty much instantly for me in Firefox :drat: And I don't see any HTTPS errors! Soooo its possible it could be to do with whatever HTTPS certs are cached in the browser.

@OneMillionFurries you can totally email your hosts support asking about potential issues with HTTPS certs.

An alternative theory is that its some how to do with DNS issues; maybe some devices are on a DNS server that has not been properly updated? @OneMillionFurries have you updated your domain name in any way recently? You can also change your DNS settings to see if it has an effect.

It could also be a mix of both; perhaps a website that you load assets from has updated its DNS data which is out of sync with your HTTPS certs!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024 @556.92 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
xixxii
Full Member ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Web 1.0 Picture Size Expertthe xixxiiJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2024 @630.79 »

another data point, in case that's helpful: your website loads fine for me on my computer on firefox, and timed out on my phone (also an android using firefox) on wifi. but when i turned off wifi on my phone and refreshed, it loaded immediately, just like you said. so strange!

OneMillionFurries
Full Member ⚓︎

Gettin silly with it

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

specimenThanks for being rad!:0 its one million furriesFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2024 @670.94 »

An alternative theory is that its some how to do with DNS issues; maybe some devices are on a DNS server that has not been properly updated? @OneMillionFurries have you updated your domain name in any way recently? You can also change your DNS settings to see if it has an effect.

I haven't updated or messed with my DNS settings since setting up my domain, but I just tested this by going to onemillionfurries.neocities.org instead and it loaded up instantly!?!? HUH!?!?!?!? So I guess that's the culprit! I would have never guessed that in a million years.

How would you suggest fixing this? I know next to nothing about DNS settings and all that, so I'm kinda just worried that I'll break something if I go messing with it lmao

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2024 @685.97 »

How would you suggest fixing this?
Namecheap does have some guides to see if your DNS settings are updated. but I'm not sure that would be super helpful ~ first thing I'd do is check that you've setup your records correctly in NameCheap following the Neocities guide.

Assuming they are; you could try change the TTL value on the DNS record to something like 3600 - that would force all DNS servers up update again over the next few hours.

Failing that I'd drop Neocities a message since it could be a fault with the way they are handling your DNS settings on their side of things!

Failing failing that! The issue might just go away on its own over time as DNS servers and HTTPS certs are updated over time :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
OneMillionFurries
Full Member ⚓︎

Gettin silly with it

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2024 @761.60 »

@Melooon I think? I might have fixed it..? Not gonna say I have for sure yet, but I think I just forgot to do step 4 of the Neocities custom domain guide. :drat: I just deleted the URL Direct Record and tried it again on my phone, and it worked perfectly fine! Loaded so quickly!

@xixxii if you could test it again on your phone too that would be great?

xixxii
Full Member ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Web 1.0 Picture Size Expertthe xixxiiJoined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2024 @763.14 »

@xixxii if you could test it again on your phone too that would be great?

it loaded normally!  :ha:  glad you were able to figure it out!

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2024 @765.84 »

Agree, loads like a flash on FF now :).

OneMillionFurries
Full Member ⚓︎

Gettin silly with it

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2024 @770.74 »

Damn, well, there we go! 2 years of abysmally slow load times all because I forgot to do a single step XD Thank you all for your help! :transport:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 58
Views: 8657
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 2233
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni
Website status (Check replies for part 2)

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 8
Views: 2526
Last post December 26, 2021 @841.50
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi