This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @837.19
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ MelonLand Info & Questions
| | |-+  Thoughts on Necrothreads


« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed
Author Topic: Thoughts on Necrothreads  (Read 7398 times)
ctrl-shift-esc
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanJoined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: Summer, 12 Jul 2024 @582 » Toggle Font Embed

The official stance is that this forum promotes and encourages posting on old threads - old-discussing warnings should be disabled? - A big part of why I wanted to create a forum was to allow a slow form of discussion, with days or even months between each post, and maybe we are now at a point where there could be years between posts ^^

So feel free to post on any anything you like :smile:

I love this because I can view this forum as something like a series of letters, or a digital equivalent of a cave painting in a wall in a cave somewhere. People just come and go, time shifts along and then someone scribbles something new and continues their journey onwards :seal:

Logged

0=1
azalea
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


seed flare⭐
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: Summer, 13 Jul 2024 @995 » Embed

my whole thing with necrothreads is largely whatever - as long as there isn't a similar thread that's already active going on at the same time, it's probably fine. forums aren't as active as they used to be, so really what's the harm?

Logged
KiwiMeowo
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


Meow
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: kiwimeowo
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #17 on: Winter, 08 Jan 2025 @479 » Embed

The official stance is that this forum promotes and encourages posting on old threads - old-discussing warnings should be disabled? - A big part of why I wanted to create a forum was to allow a slow form of discussion, with days or even months between each post, and maybe we are now at a point where there could be years between posts ^^

So feel free to post on any anything you like :smile:

As a new user, I saw so many topics that I am very interested in joining, but seeing the dates of the topics made me worry a lot, as they are usually months ago. In the previous forum I'm in, it strongly discourages necroposting, so I thought it is the same everywhere else.

Glad to hear it is not the case here, now I can revive any topics I want  :ha:

Logged

https://kiwimeowo.neocities.org/art/cook.png
Meow :3

https://kiwimeowo.neocities.org/button/button.png
fauxclore
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


Musician, artist, Ursula K. Le Guin addict
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #18 on: Winter, 08 Jan 2025 @485 » Toggle Font Embed

Even when Forums were the de facto way of interacting online, I never understood the problem with Necroposting. It just seems natural that in a medium where no conversation is exactly "real time" it is actually a good thing (and shows the vitality of the forum) that old conversations can be revitalized and spring up from the depths of the archives. Otherwise, I always felt you got tens of threads all about the same theme, where one big centralized thread seems much easier to parse and readthrough.

The funniest thing about necroposting is when people on Reddit bring it up as a bad practice, when reddit is "new-comment" agnostic.

Also, I always found it special when an old thread of mine got a response months or years later. Like a little drive-by interaction on the ether.

Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe