Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @637.75 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 81/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Things from the modern web you actually like

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Things from the modern web you actually like  (Read 1282 times)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2023 @920.41 »

The availability of news, resources and information about all kinds of niche hobbies is definitely a thing. Try existing in the 90s and wanting info about a certain band, let alone something super obscure!
caracalled
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2023 @942.64 »

unlike most here i'm actually a huge fan of in-store shopping and avoid online shopping like the pest — but i'm also lucky to live in a place where that's possible and i think that's pretty rare so I'm happy to see people being able to shop things online and therefor it's also one of my fave things, even if I don't use it!

Also the amount of privacy options that you can customize now and the way privacy has been in the public eye for a while now, meaning that there is more and more legislation being passed to protect users privacy, especially in the EU!

I like that my university organization is fully online so I can just check whether my semester fees have been received, just download any documents on the go and have all my credits stored safe and online.

@/home/user mentioned information and I wanna add that up-to-date info is also much easier to get. how long would it have taken for my partner to learn about new discoveries being made in eel mating cycles back in the day?

one of the biggest ones though is the availability of jobs that can be done remotely. that's so much more accessible for so many people and genuinely makes more sense for some jobs. At a past job I was able to do 3-4 days in office and the rest at home and I was much more happy with that than full-time office work OR full time remote! I love that it's so flexible now!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5444
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Collecting Webgardens - Post your webgarden & greenhouse!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 34
Views: 13255
Last post April 24, 2024 @150.30
by honowo
Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 10
Views: 1791
Last post March 19, 2024 @764.99
by starbreaker

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi