Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @94.12 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Interactive Fiction Archive

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Interactive Fiction Archive  (Read 1578 times)
CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: November 24, 2021 @117.58 »

Do you like text-based adventure games? Have I got the site for you! The Interactive Fiction Archive is an awesome resource full of literally thousands of text games and related items:

"The Archive’s mission is to preserve the history and practice of interactive fiction and make it freely available to the public. Since 1992, the Archive has collected thousands of text adventures, text adventure development tools, articles, essays, hint files, walkthroughs, jokes, and sly references to Greek politics. It also preserves the history of IF institutions such as the IF Competition and IFDB. This cultural memory is one of the foundations of the IF community."

The games range from actually old to quite recent--people still make text games! I have fond memories of playing games from this site back in college, when I had crappy dial-up internet, lol.

Check it out!

The Interactive Fiction Archive

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021 @986.91 »

Ah this looks cool, I do like text adventures a lot. I even setup an old DOS computer in my old house, mainly to play Zork and Monkey Island in its true context. The clacky keyboard screen glow really add to it.

Ugh I just wish I felt like I had the time to sit down and play some properly and the space to setup that computer again.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021 @928.61 »

Oh wow, I didn't realize Monkey Island started as text adventures! :O

I never really got the hang of DOS, tbh; by the time I had my own computer Windows 95 had just come out so I only had to mess with it occasionally to play older games. That's really cool that you have a computer specifically for that stuff though!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

New video project! Archive of 4659 Sites

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 2
Views: 1570
Last post January 26, 2022 @158.11
by cinni
Music (Free Music Archive)

Started by brisrayBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 0
Views: 545
Last post January 28, 2023 @110.98
by brisray
Archive YouTube NOW! (And your fav websites too!) - Archival Tools List

Started by MelooonBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 12
Views: 2634
Last post January 18, 2024 @157.69
by m1k3

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi