Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @734.10 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 30/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  dotmidi's : Outfit of the Day

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: dotmidi's : Outfit of the Day  (Read 883 times)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« on: March 02, 2023 @223.21 »

OUTFIT OF THE DAY
Hey guys! Since we have Commodore and Melon sharing their songs of the day I thought I could share what I wear once in awhile . this might not be EVERY day by the way but i'll share when i can  :omg: i'll also be sharing a lyric or something of the like that i'm feelin' that day. so without further ado: here's my first OOTD (outfit of the day)

WEARS
shirt: thrifted
pants: bicycle shorts! i got them from five below i think.. ages ago.
shoes: gifted, they're doc martens
socks: from a silly-sock store local to me
tights: the only thing i dont regret from purchasing at hot topic (lol)

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023 @410.94 »

that’s a really nice outfit! i like the flowery tights  :smile: 

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023 @756.49 »

I'm so stealing that shirt  :ok: seriously though this is a really cool idea! I love the outfit  :grin:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023 @648.47 »

Friday, March 3rd, 2023
Whats up party people back with another Outfit of the Day?!

WEARS
shirt #1: an undershirt i got in a fancy-ish store in my town, its high quality and very worth the price. a very comfortable and luxury undershirt
shirt #2: i thrifted this a few weeks back, it's a button-up and i love the psychedelic feel it has, really good pattern
pants: EXTREMELY worn down pants from american eagle..
shoes: limited edition halloween gremlins vans shoes. treasure them with my life, have been wearing them casually for years
socks: sircarcha themed socks
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023 @572.30 by dotmidi » Logged

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023 @588.28 »

Saturday, March 4th, 2023
Welcome back! As it is the weekend, I have no outfit to show for you all.. Since I usually am just in my boxers and a band tee.. When I go out I wear pajamas too.. xD the weekends are super laid back for me!

Although, Today I wanted to talk a key part about how to elevate your look: HAIR. In a lot of alternative subcultures actually, this is a very key way to identify where people fall under. Me personally, I keep my hairstyle pretty simple now but I do like to do tradgoth hairstyles. My hair is actually trimmed so I can style it into a death-hawk!

Here is an example of it:

Now, you see.. this photo is very old.. I uh, dyed my hair as well as it grew out more so now when I try and style a deathhawk
it looks something like this:

(LOL you can see I'm having fun with editing images)
Lesson to be learned: a styled haircut is very high matinence ! I will shortly be getting a trim soon, I hope, my hair is just AWKWARDLY LONG ENOUGH to prevent me from an amazing deathhawk like in the past.

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023 @652.04 »

Ohh, your hair looks fantastic in that first image! I love pink, fluffy hair.

[edit]
Oh by the way, what do you think about having the outfits of people like musicians along with your own? Just to make fashion discussion a little easier <:O) I've seen people get VERY passionate over images of musicians.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023 @681.50 by Commodorn » Logged

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023 @748.01 »

Oh no no, I just meant fashion-related images from anywhere that you like, really. Doesn't have to be related to your outfit, but it can be! I'm just worried about this alone not being well suited for the forum since it's so personal <:O) I might be being dumb, though. I'm sorry if I am. Although, having that might come in handy on the days when you don't have a particular outfit of your own to share.

Besides that, I'd love to see the images you've collected from fashion magazines! That sounds like fun.

doubleincision

iMood: doubleincision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023 @817.88 »

your fashion sense goes HARD. i'm jealous of your hair. i always wanted big 80s goth hair as a kid but then i grew up and started balding :TnT:

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023 @113.46 »

i always wanted big 80s goth hair as a kid but then i grew up and started balding :TnT:
There are so many ways to maintain a gothic essence! Stay strong bud  :4u: I believe in you.. I'm also pretty worried about balding, when I start testosterone I was lucky to have genetics to grow very thick hair and fast but the male side of my family is otherwise..! We might be bald together in a couple of years, depending how this goes.. I feel like if you can grow facial hair that would be a fun way to style "hair" I'm really hoping to grow a beard in the future haha, jewlery is also key! jewelry is great to a successful outfit. even just a few rings + necklace spice things up, I usually collect my jewlery from tourist traps to be honest. Makes it a lot more meaningful too.

I'm just worried about this alone not being well suited for the forum since it's so personal <:O) I might be being dumb, though. I'm sorry if I am.
Nah I get that, I was very on the fence about creating this forum but I do have a rebuttal, aren't songs of the day also quite personal? Especially tailored to a certain user ? But the intention of those are to create conversation and to share songs for people to listen to. For me, I carry a similar intention where I just want some of my favorite things to be just *out there* in the world, that's also why I censor my face on these compared to my website. For me, it's not about me, but moreso fashion and wanting to inspire people to dress in interesting ways and give tips when needed, I hope. If that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't but yeah I get where you're coming from. This is supposed to just be a fashion topic basically, moreso centered around outfits I create and am inspired by. Hoping to share my inspiration to inspire others basically! I'm so down for people to show me outfits they make on here too and give my thoughts  :smile:  :smile:

Although, having that might come in handy on the days when you don't have a particular outfit of your own to share.
This is very true, I already have a few ideas that come in mind. Most of these won't be every single day since, well.. I dress pretty lazy most days! But I decided on days I feel that need a little more elbow grease I would share just some general information, advice, and experience with certain aspects in outfits.

Besides that, I'd love to see the images you've collected from fashion magazines! That sounds like fun.
GOD if only I could share the sewing-pattern magazines I sit down and goggle at in my local Joann's those are probably the best ones..  :happy:  :happy: BUT ANYWAYS here's my favorite images saved (a lot of these are also just random street-photographers taking photos of locals or some other artsy thing for fashion)

celebs and actors:

THIS PHOTO. MEANS EVERYTHING. TO ME..  :ozwomp:

craft/sewing magazines:

fashion magazines/runway:

also. i just wanna be elmo basically

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
doubleincision

iMood: doubleincision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023 @180.32 »

There are so many ways to maintain a gothic essence! Stay strong bud  :4u: I believe in you.. I'm also pretty worried about balding, when I start testosterone I was lucky to have genetics to grow very thick hair and fast but the male side of my family is otherwise..! We might be bald together in a couple of years, depending how this goes.. I feel like if you can grow facial hair that would be a fun way to style "hair" I'm really hoping to grow a beard in the future haha, jewlery is also key! jewelry is great to a successful outfit. even just a few rings + necklace spice things up, I usually collect my jewlery from tourist traps to be honest. Makes it a lot more meaningful too.

haha i lost out on the genetic lottery for my scalp, cuz i was already balding pre-t— i have PCOS and one of the symptoms is male-pattern baldness. and then all of the men in my family go bald super young so basically as soon as i started t my hair was like

i am lucky enough to be extremely hairy everywhere else though :grin:  i've been growing my beard out for the past several months and i haven't done anything flashy with it yet, but it's definitely thick and substantial enough to style. i really like how beard jewelry looks, like braiding beads into the beard hair. i'm a big Jewelry Guy and always wear a necklace and some rings so i might as well adorn the beard too. gotta grow some more length for that tho.

idk if you know who the goth musician Voltaire is but i love how he styles his beard, too, with the way he shapes and dyes it. but i'm not enough of a foxy grandpa to pull that off yet :ok:

Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023 @757.81 »

I do have a rebuttal, aren't songs of the day also quite personal? Especially tailored to a certain user ? But the intention of those are to create conversation and to share songs for people to listen to. For me, I carry a similar intention

Yeah, I was thinking about that, actually! I was a little unsure because music that you tailor to help other people find new music seemed a little less personal than someone's own outfits, but I'm very glad to be proven wrong there. Especially since it's still the same idea, basically. Just carried out a little differently :OP if that.. even matches what I'm trying to say. Oh well.

This is supposed to just be a fashion topic basically, moreso centered around outfits I create and am inspired by. Hoping to share my inspiration to inspire others basically! I'm so down for people to show me outfits they make on here too and give my thoughts

Knowing all that for certain now makes me very excited, by the way. Actually, this is probably going to have WAY more discussion and participation than any song of the day thread.

Anyway.. HO-LI ca-NO-li, that's a lot of images!! That's fantastic! Have you ever thought of like... making a digital fashion magazine of your own with images like these? I'd seriously read that. Especially if there's a section for reader submissions. It just sounds like a lot of fun if you ever feel like you want to do something like that.

i really like how beard jewelry looks, like braiding beads into the beard hair. i'm a big Jewelry Guy and always wear a necklace and some rings so i might as well adorn the beard too. gotta grow some more length for that tho.

Ohh mate, that sounds cool. I've always had respect for people who go nuts with styling their beards like that. I hope you find some good beads to wear, man!

Oh the general topic of facial hair, I uh... I've been wanting to grow a good mustache for ages. I feel like I'd have to quit wearing overalls for comfort for a while, though. My facial structure is already really similar to Mario's  :ohdear: and I kind of feel like I need to wear those with any physical labor job I take since I'm just small and short enough for most clothes to make me want to stick my head into a metal fan at full power after I've been wearing them for an hour or two. (They're also WAY more practical than pants. Mostly why I love them, actually)

... Although... hmm....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023 @759.34 by Commodorn » Logged

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2023 @181.57 »

Wow! Haven't had an update in awhile.. Well, I'm gonna make a post tomorrow thats for sure so worry not fellow viewers. I'm going to the beach so I will discuss the lines of practicality as well as staying fashionable. It's very important to wear something you think looks nice AND is comfortable.

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2023 @195.72 »

OMG I LOVE THESE OUTFITS!!!! :transport:

Welcome back! As it is the weekend, I have no outfit to show for you all.. Since I usually am just in my boxers and a band tee.. When I go out I wear pajamas too.. xD the weekends are super laid back for me!

Yea, sometimes I get lazy and just sleep with my day clothes on. When it's the weekends I just wear pajamas all day long until I take a shower. Dirty clothes pile up quickly so it's good to keep wearing something for longer to avoid my laundry basket from overflowing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023 @197.30 by Icelogist! (Icey) » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

crow-queen
Casual Poster ⚓︎

What does this do

iMood: crowqueen

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2023 @871.67 »

oh your sense of style is so cool  :transport: i love your collection of inspiration images too. i feel really inspired to create a fashion thread of my own now.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4979
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1631
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision
Old site themes?

Started by JackFrostBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 793
Last post October 04, 2023 @668.95
by Uneuclid

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi