Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @194.66
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :cry: Are u having fun? Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  Audiobooks


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Audiobooks  (Read 3081 times)
Inkerlink
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Hey, nice to meet you!
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« on: Spring, 04 Mar 2023 @214 » Toggle Font Embed

Hey everyone!  :smile:
Just curious to know what, if any, audiobooks you've been listening to lately.
I'd love to gather some suggestions, of not only books themselves but also narrators you would recommend.

I'm currently on the 19th book of the Aubrey Maturin series of nautical novels by Patrick O'Brian, narrated by Patrick Tull. This book series was the basis for the 2003 film 'Master and Commander: Far Side of the World' starring Russel Crowe. It's about the adventures of naval officer Jack Aubrey and his longtime friend and naval surgeon Stephen Maturin. They are fantastic books and are very detailed and very historically accurate.
I actually started listening to this series many years ago.. it's just taken me this long to finish it lol. There are 21 books in total (or 20, with a 21st unfinished book). I also have the series on hardcover and like to follow along with the narration if possible.
There is another unabridged reading by Simon Vance which is also pretty good, but I prefer Tull personally. Here's a comparison of their reading styles:



I feel like Tull just brings more life to the characters compared to Vance, but again that's just my opinion. Some have had issue with Tull mostly because he has a habit of making 'mouth noises' while reading which some listeners find annoying, but I find it charming personally.
I'd love to hear what everyone has been listening to!

Logged

Quote
It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

https://i.imgur.com/IjPUuxT.gif

https://i.imgur.com/1y0RfuU.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe