Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @704.17 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  Audiobooks

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Audiobooks  (Read 385 times)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« on: March 04, 2023 @214.39 »

Hey everyone!  :smile:
Just curious to know what, if any, audiobooks you've been listening to lately.
I'd love to gather some suggestions, of not only books themselves but also narrators you would recommend.

I'm currently on the 19th book of the Aubrey Maturin series of nautical novels by Patrick O'Brian, narrated by Patrick Tull. This book series was the basis for the 2003 film 'Master and Commander: Far Side of the World' starring Russel Crowe. It's about the adventures of naval officer Jack Aubrey and his longtime friend and naval surgeon Stephen Maturin. They are fantastic books and are very detailed and very historically accurate.
I actually started listening to this series many years ago.. it's just taken me this long to finish it lol. There are 21 books in total (or 20, with a 21st unfinished book). I also have the series on hardcover and like to follow along with the narration if possible.
There is another unabridged reading by Simon Vance which is also pretty good, but I prefer Tull personally. Here's a comparison of their reading styles:

I feel like Tull just brings more life to the characters compared to Vance, but again that's just my opinion. Some have had issue with Tull mostly because he has a habit of making 'mouth noises' while reading which some listeners find annoying, but I find it charming personally.
I'd love to hear what everyone has been listening to!

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi