Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @617.92 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil 4 - Chainsaw Demo

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 - Chainsaw Demo  (Read 374 times)
« on: March 10, 2023 @885.35 »

Who here has played the RE4 remake demo that just came out? What do you think?

I just finished it and have some thoughts.

When they announced they were remaking RE4 instead of Code Veronica, I was really disappointed because RE4 still holds up really well today. Code Veronica is still great, but it could benefit from a remake a lot more than RE4.

RE4 is also one of my favourite games, so I had a lot of worries about how the remake might turn out. But the demo has pretty much done away with all of them. The graphics are a nice upgrade, but they're actually what impressed me the least about the demo. What really blew me away were the accessibility options. I was so impressed with what Capcom has offered that I had to rush to Melonland immediately and tell everyone :P

I've had a lot of trouble with motion sickness over the last few years. I can't watch 3D movies anymore and some games have become really difficult to play, especially some of the most recent Resident Evils. I barely made it through RE7, and I had to totally stop playing Village because I'd feel sick for hours after playing for only a few minutes. I had hoped that the new third-person camera that came with the DLC would fix that because the RE2 and RE3 remakes didn't bother me much, but it barely helped. The tight field of view, cramped environments and screen distortion effects all gang up on me and make me want puke.

The RE4 demo lets you turn off and adjust all of that. You can turn off chromatic aberration, lens distortion and motion blur, and you can crank the FOV way up. I didn't feel even a little bit of nausea throughout the whole demo.

On top of that, there are some really nice control options that help with aiming. I don't have any mobility issues, but I suck at aiming with a controller regardless. RE4 lets you enable target snap and there's a slider to adjust how much your reticle will automatically follow moving targets, so you can have as much assistance as you need. If it helps me not suck at aiming, I imagine it'll be a great help to anyone who really needs it.

Besides accessibility options, I'm really happy how the remake has a better balance of horror and action. My one complaint about RE4 is that it was too far removed from its survival horror roots. It was fun as heck, but almost never felt scary.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023 @887.33 by MamboGator » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Hoverboy Test Demo Release

Started by lime360Board ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 0
Views: 659
Last post November 27, 2022 @551.64
by lime360
Demo Discs

Started by SilkSkullBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 11
Views: 641
Last post March 06, 2023 @145.78
by Cobra!
Made a demo for some music schoolwork I'm doing and I'd like to share it :3

Started by angel-valBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 0
Views: 408
Last post April 16, 2023 @617.53
by angel-val

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi