Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @798.37 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 38/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Gummy Bear Song

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gummy Bear Song  (Read 738 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: June 27, 2023 @75.79 »

If you are of a certain vintage you may remember this one, but for those who don't, I gotta set the scene!

The year is 2008; people are having riots over this new iPhone doodad; MP4 Players, PSPs and Nokia are still the major force on school yards; everyone is an emo; the news is full of Obamas presidential Change campaign, and the global economy is crashing big time - but no one is talking about that, literally no one at all, because anyone who's anyone is listening to the unstoppable doom bop that was the gummy bear song  :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Punk-Rock Mustelizard from Beyond the Stars

iMood: Badgersaurus

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023 @96.89 »

Absolutely 100%. We were still jamming to this in elementary school up here in Canada several years after the fact btw. The gummibar era continued until, like, 2014 or so for us.

Rock n' Roll High-School...er
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023 @107.89 »

I wanna say I wasn't exposed to Gummibar until after the popularity peaked, but my memory's wonky, so I may have been exposed to it while being unaware of how popular it really was. because I never heard about it irl and only a couple of times online.
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023 @129.13 »

Oh me and my friends knew the song BY HEART and I am/was nowhere near the geopolitical north at the time, so I can confidently said it took the world by storm. We listened to the version in Spanish, though! Which is crazy to think about, just a random song with an official translation.

Also in 2008, a song called mueve el ombligo came out, and people started saying that it had some kind of subliminal message (it was a lot and I encourage y'all to research it if you know spanish, it deals with death which I'll save for another topic). AND THEN, someone uploaded a video on youtube of the gummy bear song in spanish being played backwards, and apparently there were subliminal messages on there too!!!! Us 6-10yo kids with unlimited access to the internet had a field day with that!!! I remember being on a sleepover, singing the gummy bear song under my breath because I just had it playing on an infinite loop inside my head, and one of my classmates gasping and saying I shouldn't sing that because she didn't want to fall victim to the subliminal messages.

Here's the spanish version in case you do want to fall victim to the subliminal messages  :ozwomp:
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023 @536.25 »

I loooooved the gummy bear song.

Part of the reason why is because I am the eldest of 5, and so when one of my siblings grew out of things like that another one just entered that stage, and because I spent a lot of time looking after them I was always surrounded by the gummy bear song and ones like it! We even played it every day for like a week straight in my German classes at high school LOL... I can recall the German lyrics much better than the English... Ich bin dein Gummibär...

In my household though, the number one BANGER hit at the time was... Crazy Frog !!!

And then for a brief period we couldn't go a day without listening to Caramelldansen, dance included !

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023 @571.86 »

Yes, the exact experience as others here :grin:

oh and also...

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023 @774.03 »

...Man do I feel old when I read this. I vaguely recall this being on TV, as well as the many songs made trying to follow the leader. One thing from them I do recall clearly is that it, and many other IPs at the time were doing things like this where they took sound clips and made them as ringtones that could be gotten from texting a number and or a subscription service. This was one of them, and the main one I recall.
CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023 @791.45 »

I did not hear it in 2008. But I did hear it in 2010. My little brother is like 10+ years younger than me so I remember showing it to him when he was a toddler and us dancing to it in the kitchen while I played it on my iPod touch. He thought the gummy bear in his underwear dancing was soooooo funny, and his little chubby face would get all red with laughter!

Some people probably found it annoying, but I love it because those memories with my brother are super precious. It was hard being so far apart in age because we were in totally different stages of life, so those bonding moments are extra precious!

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2023 @795.67 »

In my household though, the number one BANGER hit at the time was... Crazy Frog !!!

I had a class mate in 5th grade who had a backpack with a plastic puffy Crazy Frog on it, and when you pressed its belly it would perform the whole long "scat singing" section. (Sorry I have no other clue how to phrase that, it's like his big long babble wind-up.) I remember it drove our teacher nuts! But we all thought it was so funny.

~Uncle Iroh

Give 'em a click, plz!

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2023 @799.12 »

we couldn't go a day without listening to Caramelldansen, dance included !

I used to go to anime conventions with friends, and we would do this dance in public crowds in full cosplay.

There's possibly embarrassing video of me floating around online somewhere. :drat:

~Uncle Iroh

Give 'em a click, plz!

watermelon3y3s
Casual Poster ⚓︎

my brain is glitching in liquid pain

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023 @659.68 »

i remember that song, it is kinda curious even if some people think that song is annoying  :melon:

:melon: :transport: this is what ive come to be.
myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2023 @702.71 »

I remember the Hampsterdance being especially popular around this time. To the point when it was played in my elementary school's physical education classes!

Shoes was also a memorable one, though the demographic was a bit older than I was at the time. I don't know what makes me lump it together with Gummibar, but I can't separate them in my head.

MrsMoe

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2023 @615.52 »

I already brought up my history with this song in a different thread (our first youtube videos), so all I've got to say now is that I miss all the AMVs that set this song to any show you could imagine. I remember watching a Sonic X music video with it all the time in 2009, along with one set to "Do You Like Waffles?". Little kids putting their hyperfixations to random internet songs is a lost art, sadly.

myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2023 @668.11 »

I remember watching a Sonic X music video with it all the time in 2009, along with one set to "Do You Like Waffles?".

Exactly this! I believe some time ago I was scrolling through some very old Youtube playlists I had made, and that video was on it! Too embarrassed to go back and watch it, but could probably play the whole thing in my head accurately enough.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Melon's Song of the day!!!

Started by MelooonBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 134
Views: 20810
Last post March 22, 2024 @481.47
by Melooon
Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 3814
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque
Altairs Song of the Day

Started by AltairBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 9
Views: 3537
Last post February 18, 2022 @29.13
by Altair

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi