Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @634.07 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Good Phone Media Players?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Good Phone Media Players?  (Read 641 times)
bingus_baby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: March 19, 2023 @671.60 »

First and foremost, this is for iOS in particular, but feel free to share for Android as well!

But lately, I'm growing tired of my chronically online habits! And I'm slowly wanting to grow a bit more offline, and a good media player would help with that since I already have a stockpile of .mp3 files and a growing stack of CDs! Any suggestions? I'm thinking of the built-in Apple Music, but syncing my phone always is a hassle, though it might be the best option. I tried a couple free media platers back in the day, but they're always clunky, ridden with ads, and overall a pain. I know, "If you were an Android user..." But I have an iPhone and would like to keep it until the thing up and dies one day. I've also thought about a dedicated MP3 player, but I'm hesitant since it would be nice to have it all in one place on my phone. But maybe one day when I have the money!!

Any thoughts? Anyone in the same boat?

Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023 @678.15 »

I've never tried it on iOS, but VLC media player has always been a good go-to for me when it comes to media playback:
https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id650377962

It says it has in-app purchases but doesn't mention ads so hopefully it's ad-free.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023 @679.72 by Inkerlink » Logged

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

bingus_baby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023 @723.75 »

I've never tried it on iOS, but VLC media player has always been a good go-to for me when it comes to media playback:
https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id650377962

It says it has in-app purchases but doesn't mention ads so hopefully it's ad-free.

Checked the app-store page and it says the in-app purchases are just to tip the developers, so that's cool! I'll definitely give it a go and see how things work out!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023 @739.91 »

Agreed! I use VLC for videos on my iPad and phone! For music I just use the default Music app and sync music over with iTunes, but that takes a certain level of dedication to using the iTunes way of doing things.

For android a great option is Poweramp, its a really good music player and you can get cool skins for it!

Power Amp with the Marshall skin I used to use!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023 @741.59 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
kandeez
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023 @946.01 »

I can't vouch for this method but friends of mine have done this and it worked quite well. Try out the spotify local files. You upload directly from your computer and with a bit of settings they'll be available on your phone. The one thing I am iffy about is if you need a subscription or not to make it work because everyone who's done it already used spotify quite regularly.
Another way I can think of making it work is look into using the files feature on your phone. Just email yourself a file and then open it up on your phone and save to files. There might be a way to then transfer it to your apple music library but I'm not 100% about that. The only downside to using files is you'll probably need to open and play each song individually which is a total hassle if you're trying to listen seamlessly.
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023 @974.57 »

I used Musicolet on my previous (Android) phone, it worked pretty well for me. I used VLC before that, I remember switch to the other after a bit but I don't remember why  :ziped:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
bingus_baby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023 @990.53 »

Downloaded the VLC app this morning and I gotta say!!!!! It's really great!!!! Exactly what I needed, and easy to add files from my computer.

And for the local files, I was using that before, but got tired of it. I wanted the album art and to cue up songs, which VLC delivers on! And I also want to get away from Spotify a little bit, since it feels like it's slowly pivoting towards a "social media" angle, with some new features. (Plus, taking away the heart button was the nail in the coffin.) I'll still use it of course, since I feasibly can't download/buy every song and it's a great way to discover new stuff, but I'm tired of the looming presence of huge companies wanting to harvest me for data. It's not just music players, that was just the focus of this post, across the board I'm trying to move to better programs and habits!

inbtwn
Casual Poster

It's the real.

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023 @693.52 »

i don't use iOS anymore, but back when I did I used Decoupled to sync music to my phone. the nice thing about it is that unlike all other iOS music apps you don't have to use iTunes to sync with it. instead you can spin up a web server from your phone and drag and drop your files into that instead. it's not perfect but it's pretty dang good!  :cheesy:

YoungsterJ4y
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im just a lil guy

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2023 @886.42 »

Surprised nobody's mentioned Blackplayer for Android :O it's very simple, no frills, lots of sorting and stats options if you're into that too. I love it, I use the free version and have no problems.

"You're telling me these rats are all transgender?!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Social Media is dangerous

Started by Cobra!Board ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 70
Views: 10840
Last post March 19, 2024 @115.95
by virtue
Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2054
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy
Are there any good resources on how to get started on C++?

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1110
Last post February 19, 2022 @957.49
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi