This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @806.61
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :wizard: You can make anything on the web! :wizard: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ MelonLand Info & Questions
| | |-+  How did you find this forum?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print Embed
Author Topic: How did you find this forum?  (Read 22127 times)
Slix
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
#1 Poliwag Fan !poliwag masterJoined 2024!
« Reply #30 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2024 @666 » Embed

Have you found any other cool websites you would like to share? I am trying to explore for new ones also. One forum I like is the Megaman Legends Forum.

So far the only other forum I have joined in my searching was Thousand Roads, a fanfiction themed forum. I'm not big on fanfiction myself, but the style of the site seemed really cool, so I decided to join.

There are plenty of cool sites I found, but I don't remember them all now haha. Check out https://www.marginalia.nu/ and search or hit "random" on there. The Forest is another cool site that lets you find random smaller websites.

Logged

https://a.poliwager.net/e/Slix.pnghttps://poliwager.net/advertising/images/PureAwesome.gif
xwindows
Full Member
***
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanJoined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: Autumn, 09 Oct 2024 @205 » Embed

I'm not totally sure; but from a vague recollection, backtracking, and cross-checking, I think I found my way here from a Cheapskate's Guide to Computers and Internet article "A Curated List of Online Forums".

« Last Edit: Autumn, 09 Oct 2024 @207 by xwindows » Logged
2010
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View ProfileArt


she's an angel to you... but she's a devil to me!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Deviantart Llama!First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #32 on: Autumn, 09 Oct 2024 @638 » Embed

via the yesterweb server when that was still around :]

Logged

oh, it is love
from the first time i set my eyes upon yours
thinking,
"oh, is it love?"
snow_44
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


could I perhaps interest you in a mushroom?
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #33 on: Winter, 03 Jan 2025 @181 » Toggle Font Embed

I thought I'd also share how I found it since it seems to be a new way! :dive:
I actually saw Melon's post about this forum on the simple machines community forum, or more specifically its showcase board, while trying to find forums that were still up and running!   
It was a pleasant surprise to not only see one that doesn't redirect to an error page but is also still active as well!! I never would've expected to find such a gem there :ozwomp:
(And then I promptly fell from here into surfing webrings for the rest of the day... haha!)

Logged

I found this little creature at my front door one rainy morning, would you please help me keep her fed?

She doesn't bite at all!
:4u::dive:
ValyceNegative
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Your Average Toony Wolf!
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Game MachineGrass MailViolet Ribbon of WelcomeJoined 2024!
« Reply #34 on: Winter, 03 Jan 2025 @379 » Embed

@Slix it's very rare to find admins of forums/communities hanging around elsewhere in the net, so I understand candycane's surprise (guessing that in a forum for webmasters it can be a bit more common, but it's still akin to spotting a celebrity sitting at a local bar with you xD).

I have to admit I did the same, mistaking you for just a user of Poliwager until I clicked on your site badge! I even read your interview at Johto Times way back when it got released.

Back to the thread's topics, I discovered the forums (and MelonKing's site) because of the SurfClub ring! It was the fun and cute widget that attracted me the most as it vaguely reminded me of AOL's SurfLink logo, of which I could only find a pic on Tumblr somehow...
https://64.media.tumblr.com/4937227b0e0d43182d1f4aa970c03d0e/3eb2ff2ca645796f-55/s640x960/6e8c1ef1115f5a38dcc5d289d2fc14e976924df1.jpg

Logged

https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/VN8831A.png

https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRDragonite.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRTaurus.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNR90s.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRGranny.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRGBC.gif
Slix
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
#1 Poliwag Fan !poliwag masterJoined 2024!
« Reply #35 on: Winter, 03 Jan 2025 @633 » Embed

@Slix it's very rare to find admins of forums/communities hanging around elsewhere in the net, so I understand candycane's surprise (guessing that in a forum for webmasters it can be a bit more common, but it's still akin to spotting a celebrity sitting at a local bar with you xD).

I have to admit I did the same, mistaking you for just a user of Poliwager until I clicked on your site badge! I even read your interview at Johto Times way back when it got released.

Back to the thread's topics, I discovered the forums (and MelonKing's site) because of the SurfClub ring! It was the fun and cute widget that attracted me the most as it vaguely reminded me of AOL's SurfLink logo, of which I could only find a pic on Tumblr somehow...
https://64.media.tumblr.com/4937227b0e0d43182d1f4aa970c03d0e/3eb2ff2ca645796f-55/s640x960/6e8c1ef1115f5a38dcc5d289d2fc14e976924df1.jpg
Yeah, I totally get that it was surprising for you two, that's funny, haha. I'm just a regular guy at the end of the day! What a small world though, that you read the interview I did!

I guess I just like exploring the web, seeing what's out there nowadays, just like I did years ago. It's what makes the web the web, after all, people going between sites. It's good to get inspiration for my own site too, and I think some admins can get burned out if they only spend time in their own bubble. It's been fun to see all the different sites that people here make too!

Logged

https://a.poliwager.net/e/Slix.pnghttps://poliwager.net/advertising/images/PureAwesome.gif
Rosaria Delacroix
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


chronically ill angel
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rosariadelacroix

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #36 on: Winter, 03 Jan 2025 @768 » Toggle Font Embed

I was roaming around on people’s Neocities sites linked on their status.cafe pages, since I’m nosy and love to snoop about on peoples about pages and blogs out of curiosity as to what they’re posting about, and to scope out any cute badges or pixels to see about adding to my own page if they’re a part of an interesting clique, and found a tamanotchi.

I was looking around at the about of the site, and noticed there was a link to someone else who had taken over to prevent it from shutting down! Thus, after a bit of poking around, I found the forums, and was intrigued by the concept of it closing once a week- and read up on the wiki while applying and waiting to hear back- it was pretty fortuitous, since I’d been looking for a new forum to hang out on anyway, and this lined up beautifully with my interest in slowing things down for 2025 in terms of my digital experience.

Logged

Fargusno7930
Newbie
*
View Profile

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #37 on: Winter, 05 Jan 2025 @033 » Embed

I knew Melonland first from a Bluesky skeet about retro/indie websites. As I'm myself used to be active in forums back in the past, it's a great idea to join Melonland to reminiscent those great times.

Logged
Kallistero
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


SOON.
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #38 on: Winter, 05 Jan 2025 @057 » Toggle Font Embed

systemspace.link forums (forum now inaccessible)
↓
fauux.neocities.org
↓
neocities.org
↓
??? lots of sites
↓
forum.melonland.net
↓
ozwomp.online

Logged

I miss the pomegranate :trash:
KiwiMeowo
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


Meow
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: kiwimeowo
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #39 on: Winter, 05 Jan 2025 @118 » Embed


I found this place from MelonKing.net, in the Neocities website list!

I have been looking at people's websites more throughly lately during my holiday, and after finding this forum and Everyone, I was very curious about joining this forum, it sounds like a lot of fun!

I am a bit shy though, so it did take me some time (and more exploring) to consider, and here I am, commenting on a post!

Logged

https://kiwimeowo.neocities.org/art/cook.png
Meow :3

https://kiwimeowo.neocities.org/button/button.png
Memory
Guest

« Reply #40 on: Winter, 05 Jan 2025 @704 » Embed

i found it via tamaNotchi and gifypet! i kept seeing the forum's logo and after a while i caved in and decided to check it out. i am really glad i did! :4u:

Logged
Bede
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Deviantart Llama!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #41 on: Winter, 05 Jan 2025 @741 » Toggle Font Embed

It's been so long, I can't remember the most clearly! I want to say either through Yesterweb, or sadgrl's site?

Logged

❝ I will walk this path and reach the pinnacle of what Fairy types can do. This is my goal. I've chosen it with my own will. ❞

https://file.garden/ZkEY3dxjtja0xEri/forums/bedebutton1.png https://file.garden/ZkEY3dxjtja0xEri/forums/bedebutton2.png https://file.garden/ZkEY3dxjtja0xEri/forums/bedebutton3.png

https://file.garden/ZkEY3dxjtja0xEri/forums/ballonleabutton1.gif
Nova
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


Cat, I'm a kitty cat, and I dance dance dance...
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cielos-pasteles
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Pastel_Skies
PicMix: Cielos-Pasteles
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Best Wishes and Good Luck for your GED !Joined 2025!
« Reply #42 on: Winter, 11 Jan 2025 @475 » Toggle Font Embed

Found it through a guy named dogspit on Nekoweb.

Logged

https://file.garden/Z3biHjjyWGCd1efn/Nova_Galaxium_Button.gif
bby
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


take my memories of her with u
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: bumblebear
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: dahliahawthorne
PicMix: tuxedosam
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pansexual NeurodivergentSurferI met Dan Q on Melonland!Blast Off!Victory Freak
« Reply #43 on: Summer, 02 Jul 2025 @947 » Toggle Font Embed

i don't remember  :drat: ; i think i saw melon's site on the neocities discover feed and found the forum through that?

Logged

makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com melonland.net! :ozwomp:

:sleep::wizard::happy:

:4u: digital pet hoard :mail: wanna be pen pals?
mindcycle
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #44 on: Summer, 03 Jul 2025 @014 » Toggle Font Embed

i found this site through google search results, believe it or not. i forgot what i searched for though. i know it was something niche.

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe