Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @504.87 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 37/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Sanrio

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: who is your favorite?
Hello Kitty
My Melody
Kuromi
Keroppi
Badtz-Maru
Pompompurin
Gudetama
Little Twin Stars
Tuxedo Sam
Hangyodon
Other...(tell meee!!)

Author Topic: Sanrio  (Read 1446 times)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« on: March 28, 2023 @560.19 »

Who could forget such cute and cuddly creatures like Hello Kitty?? Personally, I am a fan of Gudetama and I have huge collection of merchandise from it.. Okay a bit of an exaggeration, its not huge. I just have plushies and figures of it.  :TnT:

Who is your favorite Sanrio character? Feel free to google any names if you need to and discuss any opinions on Sanrio characters, share your own collection of merchandise as well! (I will share my gudetama collection later :ok: )

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023 @669.06 »

I wasn't able to find everyone on this list, but this chart seems to show most of them  :cheerR:

Personally I am fond of Purin  :loved:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023 @701.55 »

He's a very simple character, but I've always had a soft spot for Chococat. I bought myself a Chococat mechanical pencil in middle school, and it sparked a hobby of collecting cute mechanical pencils! When I moved out my mother gave me a Chococat key cover for my first apartment key! I'm not one for collecting cutesy stuff outside of pencils and stickers, so I don't have any plushies of him or anything, but if I were to get a Sanrio plush I would definitely go for Chococat!  :ha:

Tho if I had to pick outside of any nostalgia, Little Twin Stars are absolutely adorable. They remind me of the kitschy Precious Moments baby figurines you find in christian gift stores.

teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023 @880.03 »

having grown up with a lot of sanrio stuff i think my favorite characters are gudetama and pompompurin. there's something very charming about the both of them, and purin especially is very soft and appealing. i probably have the most physical merch of gudetama over purin, though. keroppi and tuxedo sam are also very cute  :ozwomp:

i think some of the more obscure sanrio characters can be pretty funny. minna no tabo is literally just some kid. big challenges is an alligator/crocodile in one static position. hagurumanstyle is TEETH. i'm not sure what petapetaminilan is but they look so squishy...

(I will share my gudetama collection later :ok: )
can we see it?  :omg:
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023 @474.48 »

it’s so hard to pick! but i have to say a tie between my melody and keroppi. sanrio really knows how to do adorable  :chef:  :chef:

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023 @609.34 »

i think some of the more obscure sanrio characters can be pretty funny. minna no tabo is literally just some kid. big challenges is an alligator/crocodile in one static position. hagurumanstyle is TEETH. i'm not sure what petapetaminilan is but they look so squishy...

Those obscure characters are so cute, and I've never heard of them before! The Petapetaminilan looks like a steamed bun--the kind you put meat into and then gather at the top.

I'd have to go with Gudetama myself; I used to watch compilations of the shorts on Youtube and even though I don't speak Japanese, they're still so funny! They're expressive enough to understand without subtitles or anything.

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023 @676.46 »

Those obscure characters are so cute, and I've never heard of them before! The Petapetaminilan looks like a steamed bun--the kind you put meat into and then gather at the top.

I'd have to go with Gudetama myself; I used to watch compilations of the shorts on Youtube and even though I don't speak Japanese, they're still so funny! They're expressive enough to understand without subtitles or anything.

I LOOOVE Gudetama  :cheesy:  :cheesy: and i agree, i think the show can still be enjoyable without english subtitles (i also shared a similar experience)
another obscure character who i find pretty cool is.. boy his name is WEIRD "Dark Grapeman" xDD i find it honestly hilarious.
Kirimi is also a personal favorite of mine! so so ridiculously cute  :loved:  :loved:

oh my god this ishilarious i love kirimi
when im in a better place mentally i definitley will, right now i havent been active too much on the net. i would love to eventually get an egg-themed ita bag and keep all my gudetama stuff in it  :loved: would be a good use for all that merchandise i have of that little guy

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023 @706.46 »

I love sanrio!!! I think the most underrated character is my favorite little guy tuxedo sam!!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2023 @101.72 »

Kirimi is also a personal favorite of mine! so so ridiculously cute  :loved:  :loved:

kirimi IS super cute!!! i love their ginormous salmon head, how do they get around :ha: its cringing face is also so good

when im in a better place mentally i definitley will, right now i havent been active too much on the net. i would love to eventually get an egg-themed ita bag and keep all my gudetama stuff in it  :loved: would be a good use for all that merchandise i have of that little guy

ah okay! i've seen some pretty wild ita bags out there so hopefully there is an egg one, gudetama deserves it :4u:

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2023 @406.20 »

I LOOOVE Gudetama  :cheesy:  :cheesy: and i agree, i think the show can still be enjoyable without english subtitles (i also shared a similar experience)
another obscure character who i find pretty cool is.. boy his name is WEIRD "Dark Grapeman" xDD i find it honestly hilarious.

oh my god this ishilarious i love kirimiwhen im in a better place mentally i definitley will, right now i havent been active too much on the net. i would love to eventually get an egg-themed ita bag and keep all my gudetama stuff in it  :loved: would be a good use for all that merchandise i have of that little guy

lol i hadn’t seen this dark grape man guy before! he’s cute!

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

DiamondPetals
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2023 @652.69 »

Cinnamoroll
Snackish Magpie
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2023 @885.80 »

Chococat!!!

Back in 2010 I was gifted a Build-a-Bear Chococat from my cousins, and I fell in love with him! (He's actually sitting next to me now with my Curly Teddy  :happy: )

To this day I think this plush is the only Chococat thing I have, part because there's not much out there themed around him! Part because I think I love him too much to have another Chococat in the house... if that makes any sense  :ha:
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2023 @54.62 »

I think Kuromi is forever going to be my favorite. She really speaks to the 2006-2008 MySpace kid I used to be.
malice
Casual Poster ⚓︎

take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2023 @195.64 »

my favs are cherry and berry aka lloromannic! they're supposed to be like cinnamoroll's version of kuromi

any/all + ev/eva ae/aer
pixelsafari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

remember when they called it machine learning?

iMood: pixelsafari

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2023 @293.74 »

This page seems to have a pretty comprehensive list of all the current sanrio characters.

I've always been a huge Pompompurin fan. Most of my profile pictures (aside from here lol) are of him. My phone wallpapers too! If sanrio merch wasn't so expensive I would own all the plushies I could.. but the only stuffed animal I have is of Kuromi in a Cinnamoroll costume. It's adorable but it was thirty dollars, and it isn't even that big. :ohdear: 

My favourite less mainstream character would probably be Bonbonribbon. Charmmykitty is a close second. You pretty much have to have a super mainstream favourite character because otherwise you would never get any merchandise of them :sad:

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi