Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @938.28 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 37/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Has anyone played the Quake remaster on steam?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Has anyone played the Quake remaster on steam?  (Read 394 times)
gridbug
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2023!
« on: April 22, 2023 @708.38 »

Hello,

This might be a bit too narrow to be a topic, if so feel free to delete it, but I was wondering if anyone had taken the new version of Quake that is on steam for a spin. From what I have gathered reading around this is pretty solid on PC, I got the switch version and have been liking it a lot.

Having the original soundtrack without having to do any modding is a huge bonus. I assume the PC version also has the soundtrack. What's annoying is on steam they merged the original and remaster game pages so there are forum posts and reviews saying that the soundtrack isn't there.

My other question is if the game comes with an executable so you can run it through nquake or another source port?

If people are up for it I'd love to play some deathmatch, the port is cross-platform so even if I don't end up getting the pc version we can still play  :smile:
CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023 @907.41 »

Having played it on my old Latitude E6540 when it first came out for a little while, I can confirm that the soundtrack is indeed there on the PC version! I recall it was a roll of the dice of whether or not the game worked due to Vulkan being wonky on it (but that may have changed between the many updates and me putting the NimeZ drivers on it... and getting a new laptop, for that matter.) Might check it out again one day. When it worked, it was surprisingly good!

(My experience with it was: the QuakeCon in 2020 or 2021, they gave away the original on the Bethesda launcher. Then it got upgraded to the remaster. Then I had to move everything there to Steam. Not bad for a freebie!)

gridbug
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023 @572.47 »

Having played it on my old Latitude E6540 when it first came out for a little while, I can confirm that the soundtrack is indeed there on the PC version! I recall it was a roll of the dice of whether or not the game worked due to Vulkan being wonky on it (but that may have changed between the many updates and me putting the NimeZ drivers on it... and getting a new laptop, for that matter.) Might check it out again one day. When it worked, it was surprisingly good!

(My experience with it was: the QuakeCon in 2020 or 2021, they gave away the original on the Bethesda launcher. Then it got upgraded to the remaster. Then I had to move everything there to Steam. Not bad for a freebie!)

Thanks for sharing your experience, that's super cool! I love hearing about the history of pc gaming, it makes me appreciate how much more straightforward pc gaming is now. At the same time, some of the fun of messing around, changing up the settings, working through problems, it hasn't gone away at all, but it is less of a thing : /

I'm really kicking myself for missing out on when they had quake for free,  I remember seeing that bethesda was allowing you to claim the game through their launcher but I never got around to claiming it, so now I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and get it for the $10 on steam or wait for a sale ;w;
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4973
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
First game you ever played?

Started by DojidaveBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 48
Views: 6385
Last post November 09, 2023 @79.40
by Saffron Drifter
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1628
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi