Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @776.77 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 45/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Pronoun Check! Drop your Pronouns!!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Pronoun Check! Drop your Pronouns!!  (Read 3204 times)
Aloe
Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2023 @194.95 »

it just seems weird to me to identify as a cactus and stuff like that
Cacti are cool asf! I had a hard time wrapping my head around neopronouns but then a family memeber sent me an article in which neopronoun users explained why they chose their pronouns, and one person who uses bink/bonk pronouns (or something similar) said "bink/bonk makes me think of clowns, and clowns make me happy" which I think is the simplest and most genuine reason why neopronouns are so popular- they are a form of self-expression and make people feel happy about being who they are and enjoying what they like :)
hm maybe I will start using cacti pronouns... those sound really fun

(also, I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many replies I can write, I don't want to bury other people's posts, if so, apologies and I can edit if needed :)
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2023 @558.68 »

For myself, I couldn't care less what pronouns are used when referring to me! I will always respect everyone else's choices when it comes to pronouns, even if I don't personally care for the usage referring to myself.

she/they/he/neo pronouns— whatever you think fits best! As such, I always list my pronouns as any/all.
Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2023 @671.56 »

I go by They/Them or He/Him for people that I know personally! Especially in the internet it has been very liberating to try out genderneutral pronouns for myself.

xx <3
LIA

closing time

StatusCafe: six
iMood: sintax

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2023 @757.33 »

I go by They/Them or He/Him for people that I know personally! Especially in the internet it has been very liberating to try out genderneutral pronouns for myself.

I agree! Being on the internet and making a name and aesthetic for yourself is so fun and deciding on pronouns that fit makes it ever better!!
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2023 @799.06 »

I think it's important to note that this thread is not asking for a debate on the use of pronouns - it's simply asking for people who are interested in sharing theirs to share theirs. It's fine to relate to diverse pronouns and its also fine if you don't relate to them; however to use an analogy - if you don't wanna party, don't go to a party.

In the case of your reply @Kitsune it actually does sound like you're trying to cause offence, but it also sounds like you're trying to understand the topic - maybe consider why you think that way; are those really your own thoughts, or are you copying an attitude from someone else. At any rate it's better to take @MARI 's advice - learn by asking honest questions and listening, not by confronting people.

I grew up in my own little world as I'm Autistic. I don't really understand other people but I'm trying to.

I don't know how to speak to others either which is why what I say can sometimes seem offensive but i'm just saying my honest thoughts.

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2023 @570.58 »

I go by she/her these days, though I'm not opposed to they/them either. I have my gender ambiguous moments.
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2023 @36.61 »

I like to go by She/They pronouns.
tenkai_no_perusona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

あたしは暗い旅に出る

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2023 @426.77 »

I go by she/her out of both convenience and genuinely liking it, but honestly, I'd by comfortable with any pronouns that aren't connected to or resemble he/him.

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2023 @467.51 »

I've more or less settled by any/all (can't misgender me if they are ALL correct, ay?), but I'll admit I'm kinda tired of she/her 'cause that's what I'm obligated to use in real life for reasons and it feels like a cope out when it's still dominant despite the presence of the choice, eheh.

Generally I find I'm partial to everything neutral, like they/them, or even it/its.

ze/hir is also very nice 'cause I like the historical connection to genderqueer butches of the past  :loved:

I'm a mess is what I'm saying. So call me whatever x)

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2023 @24.80 »

I am he/him!

I am beginning to understand why people use pronouns. If they use a profile picture that is not an actual picture of themselves in real life, it can be extremely difficult to determine the gender of the user. What if I accidentally misgender someone? That'll be awful!

If you thought that I was a woman, then you're wrong. I am, without a doubt, a man!

Web design is my passion!

Rowan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Silly Mook

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2023 @77.13 »

She/her! Although I have been trying to get people to use It/Its a little more often, considering the tentacled creature we have here! (Me)  :unite:

Quote from: melooon
you: Hello fridge, I would like the milk please :cheesy:
fridge: Ooo u look so pretty, lemmy order more onions from Amazon
you: wait no! :drat:
fridge: i love you so much i ordered onions!

starlitPrimrose
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: etherealprimrose
iMood: violetPrimrose

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2023 @9.80 »

i use she/her, they/them, and he/him! my pronouns are fluid, so they change fairly regularly depending on my mood, but in general i have no preference for pronouns (tho i tend to default to either she/her or they/them). i also occasionally use xe/xem/xyr as well.
 :chef:

malice
Casual Poster ⚓︎

take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2023 @783.10 »

i use she/her and i've been trying out ae/aer and my own pronoun set, ev/eva :3

any/all + ev/eva ae/aer
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2023 @259.12 »

i use she/her and i've been trying out ae/aer and my own pronoun set, ev/eva :3

very very cool i love these set of pronouns  :omg: matching with the evanescence  profile this peaks my interest to u as a person for some reason XDD

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2023 @291.40 »

Personally, I am not really into the idea of "proper pronouns" so I usually keep my pronouns hidden, but I do make sure to try and not offend anyone by using the puffered pronouns that the person has stated usually in their bio or mentioned in a previous conversation. I use They/Them as a backup if I don't know the proper pronouns. But I am a he/him because I am male. I don't mind being assumed though! (For example: you are aloud to call me a she and I won't mind), just don't be offensive about it.

I'm a They/Them now! :3
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023 @836.99 by Icey! » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website status (Check replies for part 2)

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 8
Views: 2074
Last post December 26, 2021 @841.50
by Icey!
Checking out new anime?

Started by CeleBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 1
Views: 598
Last post January 09, 2023 @789.54
by wodaro
Check out my 404!

Started by dotmidiBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 10
Views: 1033
Last post December 28, 2023 @352.64
by alexela64

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi