Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @415.58 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  ⁉︎ Community Events!
| | | |-+  VRCHAT WORLDHOP 4/30/23 (30/04/23)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VRCHAT WORLDHOP 4/30/23 (30/04/23)  (Read 847 times)
Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: Ninaiso
iMood: Ninaiso

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 25, 2023 @357.92 »

Hello everyone!

:ozwomp: You're invited to a VRChat Worldhop Meetup! :ozwomp:
WHEN: Sunday April 30th @750 Internet Time
If you're unfamiliar with Internet Time, here's a handy converter: http://www.swatchclock.com/convertBeats.php
Just pick the date, put 750 in the box, and viola! Converted to all timezones for your convenience!

A what?
It is an event where we all gather together to meetup in vrchat and "worldhop". That means we check out a handful of some amazingly creative worlds the platform has to offer while we socialize!
It's a great way to hang out and see the amazing sites of the virtual space.

But I don't have VR!
No worries! Vrchat works on both VR and Desktop.

Isn't it just full of chaos and trolls?
Sometimes in unruly public instances!
For this meetup specifically, you will friend my account and the instance will be invite only. This means that only I can invite people to the meetup, which helps safeguard against that!
If a troll or someone similar does get in, we can make a vote to kick and they will be gone!

So how do I join?
First, make an account on vrchat if you don't already have one: https://hello.vrchat.com/

Next, download vrchat on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/438100/VRChat/
*They have unfortunately implemented easy anti cheat into vrchat. I understand if you aren't comfortable joining because Steam and/or EAC are things you do not want on your system.

Next, friend me by logging into the site and going to my profile here: https://vrchat.com/home/user/usr_3a3bd736-1e16-42e5-aaf0-5813ec748d43

Then log in to vrchat when it's event time (which I will update this post and title with when it's decided) and send me an invite request by opening your menu, going to social, finding me, clicking me, and selecting "request invite"!
To open your menu on...
Desktop: Escape key
Quest 2: B Button

How long will I be there?
However long you want! You're free to move in and out as needed, but these usually go for roughly 1 hour if we have a small group, and up to 2 if we have a larger one/if people want to see more worlds.

*NOTE: THE WORLDS WE WILL BE EXPLORING WILL BE PC ONLY! YOU MUST HOOK YOUR QUEST 2 VIA PC THROUGH LINK CABLE OR WIRELESS WITH AIRLINK OR VIRTUAL DESKTOP*
You'll have to also download the steam version of VRchat since the one on the quest itself is the standalone version.
Virtual desktop is an app you buy and use on the quest's store, you also have to go to their site and download the desktop companion software.
Airlink is built into the quest 2! Here's how to use it: https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/connect-with-air-link/

Wait, I only have a Quest 2 that I can't connect to a PC! Can I still join? Aren't some worlds cross compatible?
Unfortunately, most of these crazy worlds are PC only due to the hardware limitations of quest standalone. Cross compatible worlds usually have the quest version stripped of some features, and it's no fun to sit there watching people ooo and aaa at something you can't see.

Please reply to this topic if you plan to attend so I can PM/@ you before the event starts! :transport:

Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023 @872.66 »

hey! i should be able to make it to this meetup. looking forward to it!

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023 @83.56 »

I’m definitely on board!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
plantovision
Jr. Member ⚓︎

born to ":3" forced to ":)"

StatusCafe: plantovision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023 @810.06 »

Do I play VRChat?
NO
Will I be there anyway?
PROBABLY

:unite:

born to be silly, forced to be stupid
Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023 @741.62 »

Ty everyone! I've sent PMs to everyone that's replied! Anyone else curious feel free to join! It begins in ~15 minutes and will run for roughly an hour to an hour and a half! :ozwomp:

Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023 @854.27 »

thanks for organizing this! i'm looking forward to the next one. it was fun hanging out with you, cobra, and plantovision!

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

saule
Casual Poster

Wandering around

iMood: wilo

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023 @998.97 »

Saw the post a bit too late (still exploring the forum), but I'll try to join in next time !  :ha:
cinder
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023 @640.31 »

I MISSED IT  :tnt:  :tnt:  :tnt:  :drat:

sobb sobb ill join next time hopefully!!!
drakonic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Tiny Birthday DragonJoined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023 @457.22 »

Is there going to be another world hop?  :ok: I really want to get into vrchat but from previous experience I know going in alone isnt the best idea, ha..

Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023 @297.09 »

Is there going to be another world hop?  :ok: I really want to get into vrchat but from previous experience I know going in alone isnt the best idea, ha..

Possibly! Once work gives me an EU friendly weekend time lol, I want to give as many people as possible the chance to come but my work scheduling is so aaaaaaa :tnt:

Once I do get a good time tho I'll def post it in a new topic in this forum!! :4u:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

who here uses VRChat?

Started by Frost SheridanBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 4
Views: 509
Last post February 11, 2023 @14.56
by Cele
VRchat Worldhop Meetup 04-23-23

Started by NinaisoBoard ⁉︎ Community Events!

Replies: 9
Views: 790
Last post April 21, 2023 @830.64
by Ninaiso

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi