Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 09 Oct 2026 - @748.28
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Things that exist!
| | |-+  The Grand Zine of Web Revival Artifacts


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: The Grand Zine of Web Revival Artifacts  (Read 3564 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« on: Spring, 03 May 2023 @906 » Toggle Font Embed

This is an idea I had today that I'm really excited about however Im not sure how practical it'll be to pull off, but I'll explain anyway and let people chime in!

I want to make a GRAND ZINE! A catalogue, or a museum (in zine form) of all the coolest inventions of the web revival community. A collection of all the things we have created that were missing from the world before we started. I don't mean full webpages or website, but rather little details - gifs, ideas, code snippets, widgets etc - the iconic little things that stand out in this art scene.

Some examples might be:

  • A selection of iconic web revival 88x31 badges
  • The first webgarden by missmoss
  • m15o's status posting box
  • My multiplayer worm :tongue:
  • Okato record player
  • Cobra!'s (and other's) revival of beat time
  • The neocities editor
  • Cinni's pic of the day
Etc etc (sorry if I didn't list you YET :ha: ) - they don't have to be famous, they just have to be unique and great.

Each should be photographed, archived (if possible) and given a short description with a date and their author.

I think to make this I would need people to help gather and suggest things to be included in the zine, and ideally some volunteers to help screenshot and archive things. Please feel free to suggest things or discuss below!

« Last Edit: Spring, 04 May 2023 @047 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
SilkSkull
Hero Member
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: SilkSkull

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 03 May 2023 @943 » Toggle Font Embed

I love this idea! I really enjoy the web revival community's love of zines!!! I think you could also have some emoticons, common lingo, frequently used software and maybe a showcase of prominent web revival resources!!! Something like a beginners guide!

Logged

She/Her
Figuring out a new sig :P
https://web.archive.org/web/20090821100844im_/http://geocities.com/Athens/9334/water.gif
Scrib01
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


Cutest Psychedelic Egg!
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Scrib01
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Infinite Egg TortureJoined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 04 May 2023 @994 » Toggle Font Embed

 :omg:
I like this! I'm always looking for cool stuff too so this would be a nice way to showcase stuff!
Sign me up :smile:

Logged

"Still know nothin' 'bout me!"

https://scribdev.neocities.org/assets/scribbtn.gif
wygolvillage
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


meow!!!
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

Artifacts:
Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 04 May 2023 @001 » Toggle Font Embed

This sounds awesome. I'm definitely excited to see what this shapes up to be.

Logged

https://wygolvillage.neocities.org/images/siggy2.png
doubleincision
Sr. Member
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: doubleincision

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 04 May 2023 @004 » Embed

this is an amazing idea. i wasn't present for the very early days of the web revival movement, so this information would actually be of great value to me :smile:

Logged

https://i.imgur.com/VboGEkt.gif

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #5 on: Spring, 04 May 2023 @032 » Toggle Font Embed

I think what I might do is create a submission form that lets you just submit things, that way it will be super easy to collect stuff and figure out how to display it!  :ozwomp:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Còbra!
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Cobradile
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanHappy Birthday 2k24 !First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #6 on: Spring, 04 May 2023 @034 » Toggle Font Embed

  • Cobra!'s (and other's) revival of beat time

Oh hey that's me!

So you want us to take pictures or photos of things the web revival has achieved and summarise them? I could help out!

« Last Edit: Spring, 04 May 2023 @864 by Cobra! » Logged


http://internetometer.com/image/51163.png

https://i.imgur.com/leo4ZYP.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/C3gPKb3.png"He/Him (Nature green star)""Cis Ally""Pan: Straight Lean"https://i.imgur.com/kI850Ts.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/pkY2oAO.pnghttps://imgur.com/QUBFnZD.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/cjVsXOX.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/G8AyR6r.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/0HBKL8H.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
debleb
Sr. Member
****
View Profile WWW


He/him, scaley tailey dragon
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Goose!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: Spring, 04 May 2023 @399 » Toggle Font Embed

this is an awesome idea! i’ll be sure to keep a look out for things that would fit!!

Logged

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

https://dragcave.net/image/JeJE6.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/MVIQA.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/j3sRH.gif
fizzylimesoda
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: lime360
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: lime360
PicMix: fizzylimesoda
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS
OS: Bazzite
Newgrounds: lime360

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: Spring, 04 May 2023 @618 » Embed

i made a feed standard written in plaintext with a json look, is this fine?

Logged

https://files.catbox.moe/jy0by2.png
https://lime360.nekoweb.org/img/blinkiesCafe-M0.gif
https://lime360.nekoweb.org/img/blinkiesCafe-H9.gif

Artifact Swap: u rock
m15o
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: m15o

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #9 on: Spring, 14 May 2023 @734 » Embed

what a wonderful idea... count me in!

Logged

Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe