Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @434.61 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 81/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Whats you're favourite type of filing cabinet handle?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: What one do you enjoy most?
Classic   -4 (26.7%)
70s   -4 (26.7%)
Mid-century   -6 (40%)
Flat   -0 (0%)
Modern Blocky   -0 (0%)
Modern Classic   -0 (0%)
String   -1 (6.7%)
Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Whats you're favourite type of filing cabinet handle?  (Read 482 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: June 14, 2023 @548.14 »

In this latest episode of incredibly obscure posts by melon, I wanna talk about filing cabinet handles  :grin:

Let's face it, at some point in your life (even in this day and age), you will have to open one - but how is your experience of opening a filing cabinet, and what does that experience say about the values and attitudes of the era the cabinet was made in?

I've been collecting a few example filing cabinet handles, so let's have a vote! - Im sure there are many more out there; if you regularly use a filing cabinet with a different handle please post it below!

Classic! This one is the most comfy for people with big hands, but its also a bit too 1940s for me.

The 1970s! Blocky futurism and early plastic - I kinda love this one - comfy, makes you wanna open it!

Mid-century! Extremely stylish, but too small for larger hands to comfortably use.

The Flat! 80s-90s It's flat for some reason, ugghh Im not sure about this.

Modern-Blocky - this is more like 70-80s but made of cheap metal that feels fragile - extremely comfy

Modern-Classic - prob 1960s, a bit chubby although a little small for larger hands.

String - ????
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023 @753.60 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
phexe
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: phexe
iMood: phexe

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023 @561.11 »

Its gotta be classic for me  :chef: something about it just pushes it that little bit above the others. Flat is my least fave by a long shot tho

Do you just have a bunch of different filing cabinet handles laying around?  :dive:

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023 @570.87 »

Mid-century all the way. Stylish, efficient, and won't poke you in the leg if you happen to walk too closely to the cabinet.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023 @574.90 »

Do you just have a bunch of different filing cabinet handles laying around?
Sorta! I'm visiting my dad at the moment; his partner's father ran a photography studio in London from the 1950s-1990s - so there's a lifetime worth of photographs in their original filling systems! In typical me style, everyone else is into the photographs, but I'm more into the filing cabinets  :tongue:

won't poke you in the leg if you happen to walk too closely to the cabinet.
Oh thats a good point!  :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
pixelsafari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

remember when they called it machine learning?

iMood: pixelsafari

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023 @584.70 »

I like the string the best. It's a cool colour and definitely tells a story. :ohdear: 

Modern-classic and mid-century just remind me of old kitchen drawer handles, so they seem super weird to me. Filing cabinet handles should be square :tongue:

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023 @622.59 »

Classic is pretty so I voted for it. It's really interesting to see the changes in taste and design even in such a small object over the years! And string, lol

BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023 @633.39 »

The classic, for sure. There's just something about it that's :chef:

Boots (it/he)

wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023 @660.84 »

Classic and I feel surprisingly strongly about it.
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023 @730.69 »

Oh the strange posts of Melooon. I generally prefer mid century, mostly because it's the only one that I see often (working in an old office building does that). I love that this post got me to think of something so specific and weird xD

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

prwlnglthr
Casual Poster ⚓︎

**SPLAT**

iMood: ntprwlr

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2023 @78.90 »

Despite the fact that I have biiiig meaty slappers (proportionately, at least, for my height :grin: ), midcentury is still my favourite! smth about it is familiar and timeless. I think there's also another style that's similar to but not quite the midcentury or the modern classic that I see all over the place that I also like.

around plenty of string handles (a bunch of the slimmer archival boxes at my job use them for easy pulls without introducing unnecessary metal to the archive!) but never seen a filing cabinet with them. feel like that's not necessarily the most... durable way to pull open a steel drawer. :P

☆✭~⋞《a temporary visitor, taking comfort from the flame...》ミ~*。✧.゚*・゚’゜.︵‿ ~~. .
avatar credit: @spookybri on twitter! // signature gfx credit: me!
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2023 @116.72 »

Mid-century because it's so classy! Also it's only for cool people, so you don't need to use your whole hand to open it, you can just use two or three fingers for enhanced coolery  :tongue:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4203
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1828
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa
[FONTS] Velvetyne Type Foundry

Started by NightdriftBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1712
Last post February 06, 2022 @939.16
by Obspogon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi